+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh I know that, I just don't know why they don't offer some cheap subscription for strictly that one service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    jesus, i dont think that place could be more trashed if Sin showed up and started playing on their beach.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just some neat science for perspective--Jupiter's Great Red Spot, a hurricane that has been ongoing on the planet for at least 180 years, is large enough to fit two planet Earths inside of it.
    https://www.space.com/12750-extrater...er-saturn.html

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

The strongest Atlantic Ocean hurricane ever measured destroyed homes and flooded streets across a chain of small islands in the northern Caribbean, passing directly over Barbuda which left its nearly 1,700 residents largely incommunicado.

Meanwhile, the National Office of Disaster Services for Antigua and Barbuda confirmed one death on Barbuda caused by Hurricane Irma. Spokesperson Midcie Francis says there has been massive destruction on the island.

"A significant number of the houses have been totally destroyed," said Lionel Hurst, the prime minister's chief of staff.

The Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda Gaston Browne said Wednesday that damage to Barbuda may reach a total of $150 million, the Reuters news agency reports.

"This rebuilding initiative will take years," Browne told local television.
    Hurricane Irma has had 185 mph winds longer than any other hurricane in recorded history, CBS News' weather producer David Parkinson reports.
    The U.S. National Weather Service said Puerto Rico had not seen a hurricane of Irma's magnitude since Hurricane San Felipe in 1928, which killed a total of 2,748 people in Guadeloupe, Puerto Rico and Florida.
    Puerto Rico's public power company has cut back on staff and maintenance amid a deep economic crisis and the agency's director warned that some areas could be without power from four to six months because the infrastructure has already deteriorated so badly. Outages were reported in some neighborhoods well ahead of the storm, with more than 285,000 homes without power and nearly 4,500 people without water by mid-afternoon Wednesday. Nearly 1,000 people were in shelters along with more than 100 pets.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurrica...g-puerto-rico/

Also go to this page on the Weather Channel's site and look at pictures 23-44. It looks like something out of a disaster movie.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...ward-islands-0

Edit: (At the bottom of the page.)

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I have class this weekend (finals...) at UF and those fuckers still haven't cancelled classes this weekend. >:[

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Just some neat science for perspective--Jupiter's Great Red Spot, a hurricane that has been ongoing on the planet for at least 180 years, is large enough to fit two planet Earths inside of it.
    https://www.space.com/12750-extrater...er-saturn.html
    Funny thing is the GRS is shrinking. It used to be the width of 3 Earths but now it is down to 2.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Existed for at least 350 years according to wiki. And it's probably smaller than 2 earths now. It's shrinking by 500~ miles per year.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The best thing about the GRS is it resides in CMII so it takes a little less than 10 hours to go around the planet (CMI is about 5 minutes faster).

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

The Everstorm comes...

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

We could be looking at another Matthew if the eye itself doesn't come on land, but the forecast is pretty unreliable right now.

If it really just skirts the coast with the eye offshore, Florida is just going to get a bunch of rain.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    We could be looking at another Matthew if the eye itself doesn't come on land, but the forecast is pretty unreliable right now.

If it really just skirts the coast with the eye offshore, Florida is just going to get a bunch of rain.
    This is what it's looking like for most of inland Florida. Right now everyone I talk to is more worried about rain and flooding than winds. I'm not even expecting anything over 40 mph winds where I'm at in broward county. Things can still change of course but I'm hopeful atm.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm in Seminole county headed northeast for a funeral this weekend. Trying to make sure my shit doesn't get damaged while I'm gone due to flooding. Taking pictures/video of my shit for insurance purposes.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    This is what it's looking like for most of inland Florida. Right now everyone I talk to is more worried about rain and flooding than winds. I'm not even expecting anything over 40 mph winds where I'm at in broward county. Things can still change of course but I'm hopeful atm.

I would go as far as to say most of inland Florida was never in trouble. Almost none of the models ever had it threatening anything past the coast.

An absolute worst case scenario would be a hard landfall just inland of Miami as a 5 (probably a high 4) and then returning to the coast, doing the same thing in Orlando and finally a full on impact around Charleston, SC.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Irma's winds have begun to decrease as expected and will probably hit Florida as a Cat4. Meanwhile Jose and Katia's wind speeds are increasing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

*citation needed

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

brb getting chainsaw installed on my arm

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Irma now expected to make landfall Sunday morning near Boca Raton as a Cat 4, then troll north along the coast. The current projection has the eye slamming into South Carolina as a Cat 3 late Monday/early Tuesday.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Irma now expected to make landfall Sunday morning near Boca Raton as a Cat 4, then troll north along the coast. The current projection has the eye slamming into South Carolina as a Cat 3 late Monday/early Tuesday.
    If it makes landfall directly on Boca Raton it'll heavily impact Miami as well due to the sheer size of the eyewall

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

3 flights later and I'm back in DC suck it Irma YEA

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The EURO predictor as of 20 minutes ago has it essentially bisecting the penninsula south to north, not running up the east coast.

https://twitter.com/hurrtrackerapp/s...58995700846594