Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Cool maybe we'll get deployed from NJ for all the fun post stuff.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bye Texas.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Trump hasn't appointed a FEMA director either.

lol

; ;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This was my area of Houston after a bad thunderstorm last year. And it's not even one of the worst areas for flooding. Total rainfall like they're expecting will make this look tame in comparison. For clarity, this is aimed directly at a major underpass for I610.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    uh...

that doesn't look good

For clarity outside of TX this is if it dissipiates and does nothing NE from Texas.

If it actually persists and goes NE you're talking catastrophic flooding all the way to north TN and south KY.

Serious shit.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I have clients in Galveston who bought our software expressly because of the last big tropical storm/hurricane that hit them, and all the bullshit they had to go through with FEMA reimbursements related to not having a complete list of where their assets were.

They were supposed to go live back in July, but their upper management was dicking around and now they're not going to go live until at least the end of September. Definitely a "Well shit..." moment for them!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Looks like business is going to pick up for me.

Who said Trump's wall had to be made of concrete?! I mean, if Obama was controlling the weather, why not.

Bad jokes aside, stay safe Texas peeps.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

There's not much going on with the weather in my area so our weatherman decided to focus on it. Their computer models are predicting up to three feet of rain in some areas. 0_0

BG Level

i lived in galveston in 97-98. the year after i left, the shit flooded and the high water/surge marks were 5' up the walls downstairs.

stay safe, you fucks.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I'm grateful I'm flying out of Dallas today but it's terrifying to me how so many people I've seen in my random FB groups who are at the fucking epicenter like Corpus Christi or Houston area that are "staying put". Seriously this shit is no joke and you're gambling your life away. Living in Florida most my life I take hurricanes very seriously and you'd think after Katrina and others people wouldn't be so deluded. I hope they'll be okay but seriously if there's an evacuation it's for a damn good reason.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I really hope it's terrible and we finally start realizing how fucked our infrastructure really is. Sorry Texas, you're gonna have to be the straw that floods and breaks the camel's back.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I'm grateful I'm flying out of Dallas today but it's terrifying to me how so many people I've seen in my random FB groups who are at the fucking epicenter like Corpus Christi or Houston area that are "staying put". Seriously this shit is no joke and you're gambling your life away. Living in Florida most my life I take hurricanes very seriously and you'd think after Katrina and others people wouldn't be so deluded. I hope they'll be okay but seriously if there's an evacuation it's for a damn good reason.
    Those people staying put aren't just gambling their lives away, they are also gambling the lives of all the first responders and rescue personnel that will have to go and get them off of their roofs after being stranded for a week. The amount of fucking fools that stayed for Sandy that either died or complained when rescuers took too long to get to them should have been punished in ways more than just losing their home. The insurance ended up building them bigger and better houses and they were rewarded for risking our lives, it's nonsense. Get the fuck out if you are told to evacuate, fuck you and get darwinismed if you stay.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

TX officials are now telling people to get the fuck out immediately. Was up in the air whether evacuations would be warranted until this morning.

It may reach category 4 intensity. It slowed down a lot.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Ugh now I'llhave to the hurrican harvey museum in 12 years

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just want to know which Republican senator is going to delay Texas receiving federal funding for recovery like our boy Ted Cruz did for Hurricane Sandy victims.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Belmoth View Post
    I just want to know which Republican senator is going to delay Texas receiving federal funding for recovery like our boy Ted Cruz did for Hurricane Sandy victims.
    Gonna be Teddy himself. It's his backyard and he wants all the trash to get swept out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hurricane is going to pass through several oil refineries as well, so there will probably be some coastal cleanup that should be done too.

As far as people who fail to evacuate, is Texas using public transit to get people out of the city? I bet there's a not-insignificant group of people who lack the funds to suddenly pack up and travel far enough to escape the hurricane. Supposedly they're also not relaxing immigration checkpoints, so if you're poor and illegal you're definitely going to roll the dice.

It's easy to go "hurr darwinism" and there are definitely cases where it applies, but a lot of people are probably making a rational decision to remain or effectively don't have a choice.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Some people decided to stay because of traffic and the possibility of getting stuck in their car during the hurricane. Or some people have nowhere to go and all hotels are booked.

I spent 150 at the grocery store, but still need to grab some alcohol. I only bought a 12 pack of beer yesterday. LOL

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Last report I saw said it might now sit in the ocean for another day and get even stronger before it goes to land. Fuckin' hell, I hope you Texas folks survive and get to see the GOT season finale.