+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Took down my first two magicite today: Hydra and Sealion, both sub 1. These were my "gimmie" wins though, because I have Bartz LD + USB+BSB3 and Dogrann imperil earth/attack boost BSB for Hydra, and bartz usb+blazing twinstrike with vivi enfire bsb + osb make pretty short work of sealion. Both of those were championed too, which was nice.

Golem upsets me because wind is by far my strongest element - Bartz USB+BSB, Cloud BSB2, Zidane BSB1+USB, Alph BSB, Emperor BSB, Fuijin BSB, but I somehow just cannot make it work. All that physical is out. I could probably make a team >1min with it, but why bother? I could get Alph's cmd1 to a little over 3k*4 with Thancred's dagger (78 magic) and Zidane's vest with OK's BSB and Mog's BSB for 2 external magic buffs, but that's just not cutting it. Emperor's damage is almost identical, but without the benefit of instant-cast. Fuijin's cmd1 is simply too weak to be worth even trying, and OK ends up using her weapon for wind dmg and playing the Raging Storm role that she otherwise would fill, except he can do other things as well. All-in-all, very disappointed in wind.

All that being said, I am pretty sure I can sub 1 min Golem by forcing dark damage with Raines LD + BSB + OSB and Nabaat imperil bsb, but I keep getting screwed with Golem interrupting a ton of my actions. It just takes so long to build up that there is a time-crunch at the end that I can't seem to circumvent. There was 1 run that I got him down to just a sliver of HP, but then 2 attacks in a row interrupted Raines' instant-cast OSB -.- If I could somehow fix affliction break in then I think I would be able to breeze through barring simple bad luck, but the 10 charges (6 and 4) of Raging Storm put up too much damage to be able to sacrifice. Maybe if I R4 one of them but that is a lot of MDO to sacrifice

All my winning parties thus far have been exactly this:
    Ysh LD + BSB
    OK BSB
    Larsa BSB - mainly acting as entrust bot, with backup heal potential
    DD
    DD/support

My steam is going to run out soon because I have shit for dmg for water, thunder, and ice. Wondering if I can force dark those fights, though it definitely wouldn't be able to sub 1-min with how heavily I have been relying on ninja skills with OK to add damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I did it sub 30 basically soul breakless (deuce bssb and OK bssb, neither affecting ninja magic so only vince is helped) with: tyro rwind 3/gust, edge rwind 3/rwind 2, OK gust/entrust, deuce acm/shellga, and vincent meltdown/memento mori (radiant shield bssb). Radiant shield only adds around 35k damage. Meltdown is a bad version of raging winds (expensive, slow, and roughly the same damage). From reddit someone mentioned they were getting around 18k with fuujin command 1 which is...well, it's worse than just using raging winds, but it is cheaper. Debatably.

Tyro and edge are RD'd for mag and weakness hits; OK is RD'd but it's mostly irrelevant. Vince's damage output is roughly 160k plus...say an extra 10 from bssb entries, so with enwind emperor should be hitting 30k and make up the difference. Although getting him meter is probably a chore. Maybe alph edge fuujin tyro (ACM user) and OK?

I have virtually the same physical wind gear as you and it was totally useless. Hopefully next earth magicite boss isn't phys strong?

EDIT: RD, not LD on tyro and edge (and OK) - ignored atk spheres for first two

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Got first golem win 1min02

Not sure i can do better atm but w/e win is a win

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Until I rack up more ninja hones I won't be doing any better.

How are you getting Emperor cmd1 to 7.5k a hit? With double wind mage gear + materia sure, but you said similar gear. Same with Fuijin - you have to be running full mage wind gear with her to get 18k a round. I'm just barely getting Alph to 4-5k a hit, and he has a higher multiplier.

For comparison, with Vivi's enFire bsb and his +fire OSB staff with 160~ magic on it, and 2 +30% magic buffs, I'm able to get his hits on Sealion to just barely the 7k*4 range, and to get higher I need to start stacking imperil's.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    How are you getting Emperor cmd1 to 7.5k a hit? With double wind mage gear + materia sure, but you said similar gear. Same with Fuijin - you have to be running full mage wind gear with her to get 18k a round. I'm just barely getting Alph to 4-5k a hit, and he has a higher multiplier.
    Oh I guess I was unclear; I was using vincent with r3 meltdown. No wind gear on him. His bssb doesn't enelement (and he's fire mage anyway) so it's a meltdown with atk/mag boost, memento mori and bssb boost. RM was dr mog so no good there. Emperor gets those and enwind so he should cap out meltdown.

There are exceptions but commands are usually pretty bad. Although a dude on reddit said he could get 4kish with fuujin commands; he's probably exaggerating but if you're hitting 5k with alph fuujin should get 4k (3.5k since she doesnt enwind, but gets 20% from shin chakram's wind bonus which I don't think alph has an equivalent for). Regardless commands are usually bad; for most of them if you're anywhere near capping you're bringing a ton of firepower already.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Mist and Dark dragons both down. Sub-1 minute. Raines is stupidly powerful for both fights. Dark claw was annoying for the Dark fight. If I didn't have Lenna BSB I probably would have needed to dust off Galuf.

As for Fujin, I was popping for 3.6k with 2 30% boosts + 2 +wind equips. Not running the optimal RM most likely so I could see 4k Fujin C1s.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Sounds about right.

Can also confirm Raines basically can do this without the need for other DDs if you entrust battery.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

30s on mist dragon. Shadow dragon seems unlikely for me to 30s until I get some guardbringer as I have no holy osbs. Which is disappointing because I want dark orbs...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

what's the trick to dark dragon? i've S/L'ed this 10 times now, and he one-shots raines on turn 3 literally every attempt.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    what's the trick to dark dragon? i've S/L'ed this 10 times now, and he one-shots raines on turn 3 literally every attempt.
    Hits lowest %HP target IIRC?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Dragon claw will occur every 4 turns until you hit him with 120k damage. Dragon claw targets the party member with the lowest HP. Happens at 10.5 sec and 21 sec into the fight. You have 3 options -
    1) Bring reraise or raise either from skill or SB. I used Lenna BSB.
    2) Relic dependent - Bring Galuf with peerless SB/SSB. Hit him down to half, have him go peerless, and you can ignore the mechanic
    3) Bite the bullet and go heavy dps and hope you can 4-man the fight if your dps is high enough.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ahh alright, i guess that explains it. just extraordinary RNG that raines has been the lowest on every run.

jesus though, 120k by turn 4 just doesn't seem possible right now. maybe if shelke ever gets LD in global, but even then that only gets one bar set up and realistically you prob need to instant fire fully buffed BSB + OSB within 3 turns to clear that hurdle. what the fuck, lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Managed to take down Living Flame on first try, and Sealion on 2nd try. Tried to do Fenrir, but was only able to get him down to ~30-35% with just an underleveled Edea (82) as a DPS. My mage teams going to need some work, atleast for Fenrir. I think I'm going to farm Flame for a bit to get some MomBombs to make Sealion clears faster. Sealion I got kinda lucky on, as Bartz triple casted his flamestrikes multiple times, so DPS was enough for that one, but need a little extra push for farming it, I think.

Fenrir team was:
    Edea: Lv. 82 BSB/SSB - MM + Chain Waterga - RM: Devotion (I have next to no mage hones)
    Y'shtola: BSB/SSB
    OK: BSB - Wrath + Entrust - RM: Mako Might
    Edge: SSB2 - Phantasm + Random NIN MAG - RM: Dr. Mog
    Raines: BSB/SSB - Wrath + lolRuinga - RM: Ace Striker?

It's a ghetto setup for sure.

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For Black Dragon I brought a Tyro with Entrust + Protect and MM. First turn entrust > Raines, second protect. Beatrix hit him with life siphon and I made sure he was the victim of black fang.
    Oh team:
    Tyro: Entrust + Protect - Nothing RM : MM
    Raines: Nothing - BSB RM: Holy Might (full legend drive)
    OK: Entrust + Wraith - BSB RM: Dr Mog
    Beatrix: Divine Cross + Lifesiphon - BSB - RM: Truth Seeker
    Yshtola: Curada + Shell - Knight's Charge (full Legend Drive)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, went back for a rematch with Sealion. The only difference from my first setup was that I now had a Lv.80/99 Mom Bomb as my main magicite, and gave Bartz a 3* Fire Spellblade to accompany the 5* one.

First Clear:

Rematch:
    Spoiler: show

Bartz: USB/BSB2/BSB3/SSB/LMR/Dived - Blazing Twinstrike + Fira Strike -- RM: Truthseeker
    Y'shtola: BSB/SSB - Wrath + Shellga -- RM: Battleforged
    Onion Knight: BSB - Wrath + Protectga -- RM: Mako Might -- Main boostga.
    Edge: SSB2 - Phantasm + Fire Veil -- RM: Dr. Mog
    Ramza: USB/BSB/Chant - Entrust + Lifesiphon -- RM: Acestriker -- Entrust hoe for this one.
    Magicite: Lv. 80 Mom Bomb -- Lv. 94 Bismarck x2, Lv. 94 Enki x2

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I had forgotten how annoying these fights can be after not doing one for a while; 6 - 9 fucking seriously? - Enkis in a row this morning while my only Bismark is still stuck at 65.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Oh I guess I was unclear; I was using vincent with r3 meltdown. No wind gear on him. His bssb doesn't enelement (and he's fire mage anyway) so it's a meltdown with atk/mag boost, memento mori and bssb boost. RM was dr mog so no good there. Emperor gets those and enwind so he should cap out meltdown.

There are exceptions but commands are usually pretty bad. Although a dude on reddit said he could get 4kish with fuujin commands; he's probably exaggerating but if you're hitting 5k with alph fuujin should get 4k (3.5k since she doesnt enwind, but gets 20% from shin chakram's wind bonus which I don't think alph has an equivalent for). Regardless commands are usually bad; for most of them if you're anywhere near capping you're bringing a ton of firepower already.
    Ahh, yeah that makes a lot more sense to be hitting cap with meltdown and not commands. Even with both alph and fuijin pumping out 25k-30k a round realistically, I don't think that allows me to sub 1-min it :\ Good news, though! My dark team was able to force golem sub 1-min, lol. Going to try it a few more times today, but I don't know how reliable the strat is because it seems to bank on not getting interrupted that often.

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post

As for Fujin, I was popping for 3.6k with 2 30% boosts + 2 +wind equips. Not running the optimal RM most likely so I could see 4k Fujin C1s.
    Yeah I don't contest that Fuijin can put respectable numbers; merely that I cannot do it

I saw someone do a sub-30 melee team without cloud, and I think may be able to replicate it if I LD Zidane. My main hesitation about LD'ing a Trance user is that I have 1 source of Last Stand - Minfilia's SSB (last stand + large increase in att). I don't know how I feel about spending all those 5* spheres on LD'ing Zidane on a strategy that might not pan out. Also, my team would have to be bartz/zidane/zach/OK/minfilia, which leaves me with Min being my entrust battery and OK healing, and I don't know if OK can handle that. If only I had a healer that granted haste to the group that's the main role OK is playing since neither Minfilia nor Zach's buffs grant haste.

Also, I'm trying to put a bismark team with Raijin BSB and Kain BSB (with lightning jump) as the main DPS. I'm not reading a lot of love for Kain for this, but he seems ideal with his enThunder + cmd1 giving instant cast x2, cmd2 restoring ability, and lightning jump's high multiplier x4 hits. Once he gets rolling then you should be able to juggle all his attacks as instant cast, which few other characters can do. Raijin is kind of weak and no lightning monk abilities, so all dmg has to come from his BSB. His attacks are decent, but they are slow

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

wooo, mist dragon in 29.56! first sub-30 for me.

OK - entrust/wrath, BSB, MM
    ramza - entrust/wrath, ace, USB (not used)
    raines (LD) - memento/darkzone, OSB/BSB, TGCid RM
    kuja - memento/necrofear, OSB/BSB, dr. mog
    yshtola - curada/shellga, knight's charge

magicite enkidu

i got quite close with a similar setup using CoD's burst, 33s or so i think. the damage output of her burst/commands + reflect damage was quite underwhelming. remembered this 'fest gave me kuja's OSB so i did his 4* dive, and the damage bonus on imperil made up for the damage loss of giving raines the thunder god RM instead of dark+.

just a shame i'll probably never actually need to farm holy orbs, lol.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Mist Dragon down in 47.27, Shadow Dragon in 40.68.

Mist Dragon I did with Gafgarion BSB (EnDark), TGC BSB, and Cid Raines BSB. If I had Raines' OSB, I'd probably opt for a second entruster and drop a DPS, but as it is, gotta go with that. I did, however, alter my strat to bring OK as a person to pop Vessel once (usually all I'd need at that point) then entrust the extra to either Gaf or Raines as I dropped TGC. His BSB alone is just too slow. Still, Raines is hitting 5.8k x 4 and gets some nice double procs. Probably won't get too, too much faster for a bit.

Shadow Dragon I took:
    Agrias BSB/OSB
    TGC OSB
    Ramza Shout
    Noctis SSB party instant cast
    Yshtola

Pretty much had a ton of trouble til I used Noctis. I don't Wall or Pulse at the start, I wait til he black fangs. I force it on Ramza. I have Ramza Shout at the start, then I lifesiphon him with Agrias and force the Fang on him, pop Noctis SSB, instant Curaise/Wall/Enkidu heal, and then Pulse on Ysh's next turn and go from there. Sometimes I'll get lucky and Curaise will double proc full healing Ramza so I can save Enkidu and be even better off.

Tbh, I was thinking I could maybe bring Cid Raines in place of Agrias. TGC with just Hailstorm and shout is doing around 73k or so. With two imperils he does 91k, so I feel like Cid Raines may be able to cover the damage Agrias does (6kx2 C1/2s, 12-15k with her couple bsbs she happens to use) so I may try that to see if I can go even faster on it.