+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post

Also, I'm trying to put a bismark team with Raijin BSB and Kain BSB (with lightning jump) as the main DPS. I'm not reading a lot of love for Kain for this, but he seems ideal with his enThunder + cmd1 giving instant cast x2, cmd2 restoring ability, and lightning jump's high multiplier x4 hits. Once he gets rolling then you should be able to juggle all his attacks as instant cast, which few other characters can do. Raijin is kind of weak and no lightning monk abilities, so all dmg has to come from his BSB. His attacks are decent, but they are slow
    Come to find out I have misunderstood the text in Kain's BSB since I've not actually used it until now dragoon abilities are not instant cast just removes delay from the time you cast the jump to when it lands. Well that's disappointing and puts me back at the drawing board.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Raines is pretty OP against Mist Dragon

Spoiler: show

That's the fastest clear time I've ever had.

I'm still trying to figure out Shadow Dragon though.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Got my last sealion drop

Time for fucking golem now

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    Raines is pretty OP against Mist Dragon

That's the fastest clear time I've ever had.

I'm still trying to figure out Shadow Dragon though.
    Raines OSB I assume?

Just beat Shadow Dragon in 36 (11 seconds faster than when I used Agrias) with Cid Raines BSB only. I don't have the holy boost RM..for some reason even though my P. Cecil is 99 (I guess I never unlocked his earlier RMs. Silly me) so I need to unlock those, so Raines' BSB C1's were just doing around 6k x4. Feelsbadman. Can get more damage out of it for sure though.

As for how to do it, you use Noctis too I see. If you have his SSB Instant cast you can setup for a Curaise on the person he kills, another casts wall, and then you could run Enkidu to ensure people are topped off. That's what I did anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah, I was using his BSB for mag buffs and his OSB for damage.

Setup:

SBs used:
    Raines - BSB/OSB - full legend dive
    Noctis - SSB
    Minfilia - USB
    OK - none, only entrusts.
    Aphmau - USB

I abused Noctis and Aphmau's SBs for party no-charge to speed everything up. I can get around 5-6 rounds of no-charge between those two. I just had Raines go all out from the beginning since he was capping out dark zone with just MM and Min's USB. His OSB was hitting around 85-90k.

edit: I also went with TG cids RM over dark boost since I was getting better overall DPS with it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

@akiyama, p.cecil (like a lot of the old characters) has a post-50 RM2 that only drops in FF4 dungeons. you need that before his RM3 (double-break/80 cap) can drop. FF4 has some pretty low stamina stages though so you can probably get it to drop without having to invest too much.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Maybe I should switch out Ysh for Aph.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i've been toying with the idea as well since i have her USB, but the loss of a strong doublecast option seems so huge for early run stability. doubling up on curadas before ysh's BSB gets online has saved more runs than i can keep track of.

the other side is aphmau's LD seems... not that great. she gets a lot of decent perks to kind of overcome the drawbacks of reraise, but ultimately it still requires wasting turns on getting buffs recast. if it gave her last stand instead of reraise it would be super good, as it is though it seems hard to justify the investment.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mist Dragon is really easy, with some adjustments I'm sure I can get sub 1m consistently. Right now I'm using Sephiroth with BSB#2, Gaff with BSB, Ramza for Shout/Entrust on Sephi, Deuce and Eiko for their ATK/MAG and crit buffs.
    The last three all have holy resist gear (not gonna bother taking out the 4* ones for the first two lol) and I'm using Enkidu as main with some Dampen Ice boosts in subs (+atk/def/res boons) although it really isn't necessary. Will swap with dark magicites as soon as I get them.
    We do get another holy resist accessory tonight as well :D

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

and Hydra down yay! the problem now is i have almost all of earth Magicite to level and i need to level Lightning ones too

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm having a hell of a time just trying to clear shadow dragon; my issue is ludicrously poor damage (no OSB, and my holy magics/skills are hope bssb1 and palom ssb and 4 star skills). This one might have to wait.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

8/8

Kinda pissed I used 2 III lodes on Zeid and Jecht, and ended up clearing Mist Dragon with a magical team (Raines/Nabaat/OK/Ysh/Ramza).

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fucking Fenrir is pissing me off. I'd say at least 75% of my restarts are due to him just one shotting someone before buffs are up, and damage just seems weak. I have Squall and Rinoa BSB2, using Y'shtola and Aphinaud as healing, and using Ramza for Haste and banishing strike.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Turn 4 is the AoE. Ignores mag resist. Ysh open with protect then spam heals. DT shout and wall to open on others. 1 physical attack after the bite to take out howling moon to clear it for Squall. Once you get that, then you can bitch about the slows. May wait between bite and howling moon to use shout

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, banishing strike is next to useless.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Turn 4 is the AoE, but keep in mind Fenrir is probably getting it off just before your Turn 3 starts (unless you're setting up with instantcast).

I time it so Yshtola has enough time to cast Protect, cast a cure once, and have ~20% ATB for her first BSB use praying that Fenrir doesn't double someone up.

Banishing Strike could just be there to burn Fenrir's blink. I use OK's Cmd1 for that so his Affliction Break cast next turn is instant.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anything physical can remove his blink though (regular attack); probably better off taking in another ability.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Also the haste from Savage Howling Moon is moot. If anything, you're better off bringing Power Breakdown. But for the most part everyone ignores it since Protect + wall + wind resist accessories are good enough for all the physical stuff even with the ATK boost.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Fucking Fenrir is pissing me off. I'd say at least 75% of my restarts are due to him just one shotting someone before buffs are up, and damage just seems weak. I have Squall and Rinoa BSB2, using Y'shtola and Aphinaud as healing, and using Ramza for Haste and banishing strike.
    My farm team (off element, thunder) has drawfire RM on the backline healer to feed her a couple hits of meter and reduce the chance of death. You can probably fit it on alph.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Also, banishing strike is next to useless.
    Banishing strike is strictly to remove his haste from savage howling moon.