+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

His speed is so high it basically doesn't matter.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You learn to ignore the haste since Fenrir is so fast anyways. It's more of a trap buff and the ATK buff from it is the worse of the two things to happen (and the blink, but that's just annoying)

Edit: derp queued on overwatch while typing this response lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yay cleared Shadow Dragon as well with my holy girls!
    Beatrix (OSB), Minfilia (BSB), Ramza (Shout), Deuce (BSB), Cait Sith (BSB). Ramza was also the death bait.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Weird, it really seemed especially later in the fight if that buff was up, there was absolutely no buffer between attacks until I got it removed.

Yeah, my damage is just way too low. at the 1:20 mark he always does a 3x savage wind and it just decimates me. Can get him down to about 20%

Golem is cockblocking me hard.

I've subbed 60 every magicite now, but I can't even beat Golem. Does his savage earth shaker just do more damage than every other savage attacks?

There's just no way around surviving that attack for me, it doesk 4.3k+ to everyone in back row. I only have 2 earth resist, one major, one moderate. So the rest of my team just takes way too much damage, even with 2 healers.

Anyone got any idea on how to get past this? I'm not lacking in damage at all. I have a team of Cid raines (full LD), Rapha (full LD), Alph, all with BSB, and Vanille BSB with Deuce (fully LD) USB for healing.

The damage is there. Got him down to 50% health easy within the first 30 seconds. I just can't survive his random back to back savage earth shaker.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

OK Shadow dragon down. Abandoned the knights (I have no idea how to get good damage out of them apparently) and went to hope bssb1 (lol) /vayne (osb is holy)/yuna (bssb2)/deuce (bssb)/tyro (FANTASY UNBOUND!!! and keepers tome). Yuna was black fang magnet. Not sub 60s but at least it's done?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    Golem is cockblocking me hard.

I've subbed 60 every magicite now, but I can't even beat Golem. Does his savage earth shaker just do more damage than every other savage attacks?

There's just no way around surviving that attack for me, it doesk 4.3k+ to everyone in back row. I only have 2 earth resist, one major, one moderate. So the rest of my team just takes way too much damage, even with 2 healers.

Anyone got any idea on how to get past this? I'm not lacking in damage at all. I have a team of Cid raines (full LD), Rapha (full LD), Alph, all with BSB, and Vanille BSB with Deuce (fully LD) USB for healing.

The damage is there. Got him down to 50% health easy within the first 30 seconds. I just can't survive his random back to back savage earth shaker.
    Are you using HP accessories? That'll give you a little more leeway. Other than that you pretty much just eat it, spam aoe heals and kill golem faster in weak phase.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    OK Shadow dragon down. Abandoned the knights (I have no idea how to get good damage out of them apparently) and went to hope bssb1 (lol) /vayne (osb is holy)/yuna (bssb2)/deuce (bssb)/tyro (FANTASY UNBOUND!!! and keepers tome). Yuna was black fang magnet. Not sub 60s but at least it's done?
    I found out that melees tend to suck in magicites unless you have an (almost) full set of elemental boost gear AND multiple stacking buffs AND a crit buff thrown in.
    Probably even worse in holy/dark due to bosses maybe having higher stats (I'm pretty sure they do on top of the gimmicks).
    Beatrix with only Shout and full holy boosting gear+magicites+materia only does around 45k with her OSB. As soon as I stack Cait's BSB it jumps to 70k unless it crits.
    Mages are usually better due to their OSBs having higher multipliers.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I found out that melees tend to suck in magicites unless you have an (almost) full set of elemental boost gear AND multiple stacking buffs AND a crit buff thrown in.
    Probably even worse in holy/dark due to bosses maybe having higher stats (I'm pretty sure they do on top of the gimmicks).
    Beatrix with only Shout and full holy boosting gear+magicites+materia only does around 45k with her OSB. As soon as I stack Cait's BSB it jumps to 70k unless it crits.
    Mages are usually better due to their OSBs having higher multipliers.
    But most mages take longer to build SB, while most melee can use LS

So maybe Mages can do more in 1 shot but since melee can spam more (outside of entrust spam) it can be the same ish over the course of the fight

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    But most mages take longer to build SB, while most melee can use LS

So maybe Mages can do more in 1 shot but since melee can spam more (outside of entrust spam) it can be the same ish over the course of the fight
    Melees require more support than mages and mages tend to support each other with their BSBs. This is also a moot point for characters like Terra, Raines and Fujin who are all able to Wrath their way to full bars. Given that we're talking magicites, Entrust bots are pretty much a common thing and mages still have the edge here. Melees will shine with their USBs though, especially with full dives involved (Tidus, Bartz, Edge, Shadow to name a few) and the Ninjas will totally murder anyone involved.
    Melees are generally ok with full dives though even without USBs, but I wouldn't invest so much on anyone that isn't Lightning/Noctis if I didn't theirs.
    But my main point is that mages>melees when it comes to OSB spam in magicites.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

My melees have given me some of the best times, depending on the magicite. I really think it's dependent on the buffs you stack.

I can get Squall to 9999x4 with 2 attack buffs on Fenrir. So, um, no.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    My melees have given me some of the best times, depending on the magicite. I really think it's dependent on the buffs you stack.

I can get Squall to 9999x4 with 2 attack buffs on Fenrir. So, um, no.
    Damn you MVP (VIP)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It depends on the melees, honestly.

Squall BSB2 is going to rip against Fenrir, but thats more his BSB2 than Squall honestly. Bartz likewise is going to wail on 4 of the magicites when dived - even without his USB. Lightning against Bismarck. Etc.

Paine isn't putting out the same numbers that Bartz does on Flame. Kain on Bismarck will still be doing some hurt, but not the same hurt that Lightning can dish.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone have a good strat/team-setup for a poor-mans Liquid Flame? Best water damage I got is Edge (3* dived) BS, Terra (fully dived) BSB, and Lelia SSB. I honestly have no idea how to best gear Edge. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you have a Radiant Shield SB (Seifer doesn't count), you can pretty much reflect all the damage with 4 white mages (at least 2 with bursts) and keep everyone alive. It will take like 4+ minutes but it will kill itself eventually.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    Anyone have a good strat/team-setup for a poor-mans Liquid Flame? Best water damage I got is Edge (3* dived) BS, Terra (fully dived) BSB, and Lelia SSB. I honestly have no idea how to best gear Edge. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Edge: Reflecting pool/raging waters, otherwise 2x water veil. Water veil is like 6-7k per cast; raging waters I got around 20kish so disturbingly similar max numbers for two high level water veils vs r2 reflecting poo/r3 raging waters. But raging waters takes like eight uses to do its damage vs 20 casts of water veil. Raging waters combo is physical, water veil is mag but caps at 389 mag or so. The rest of water veils' damage comes from record dive and RMs. Edge bssb is physical iirc so reflecting pool/raging waters combo is better, but he'll carry no matter what.

Terra: BSSB I guess and gear mag; it sucks (it literally just sucks) but gets the vuln bonus. Need a mixed set if you do this because it's pure magic so won't play with edge.

Leila: I can't imagine using her for ssb. Does she even have a water option for skills?

What non ele, buff or healing options do you have? Water attacks usually come from shooter, spellblade, ninja and black magic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Leila doesn't have any water ability so you'd be pretty much spamming Lifesiphon and her SSB, not worth it imo. Edge with the new water ninja skills is probably your best bet, especially if you can fully dive him.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Edge: Reflecting pool/raging waters, otherwise 2x water veil. Water veil is like 6-7k per cast; raging waters I got around 20kish so disturbingly similar max numbers for two high level water veils vs r2 reflecting poo/r3 raging waters. But raging waters takes like eight uses to do its damage vs 20 casts of water veil. Raging waters combo is physical, water veil is mag but caps at 389 mag or so. The rest of water veils' damage comes from record dive and RMs. Edge bssb is physical iirc so reflecting pool/raging waters combo is better, but he'll carry no matter what.

Terra: BSSB I guess and gear mag; it sucks (it literally just sucks) but gets the vuln bonus. Need a mixed set if you do this because it's pure magic so won't play with edge.

Leila: I can't imagine using her for ssb. Does she even have a water option for skills?

What non ele, buff or healing options do you have? Water attacks usually come from shooter, spellblade, ninja and black magic.
    For buffs, I generally use DT, Porom's SSB (also have BSB), and Shout. Healing I have Y'shtola (fully LD) (BSB/Wall), Mog (BSB), Sarah (BSB), and Eiko (USB, BSB). Magic buffs are either Raines, Serah, or DT. I do have Lightning (full LD, OSB, USB, BSB1, etc...) so I could pop some shooter stuff on her too.

I recently got Edge's BSB so I do not yet have any more resources to dive him any further.

Thanks for the info Aikar and hyoton, I'll keep changing my strats and hone out some of the Ninja skills.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Weird, it really seemed especially later in the fight if that buff was up, there was absolutely no buffer between attacks until I got it removed.
    I felt this way too... for me, removing haste allowed y'shtola to keep up with healing, allowing me to remove a 2nd healer. I'm firmley on the "Remove Haste" side of the fence.

...although, this wont help you with anything post-1min. They all rage after a min.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    For buffs, I generally use DT, Porom's SSB (also have BSB), and Shout. Healing I have Y'shtola (fully LD) (BSB/Wall), Mog (BSB), Sarah (BSB), and Eiko (USB, BSB). Magic buffs are either Raines, Serah, or DT. I do have Lightning (full LD, OSB, USB, BSB1, etc...) so I could pop some shooter stuff on her too.
    I forgot but you can also use ice when it isn't in hand form so that's also an option.Something like edge/eiko/ramza (water veil) as the base and then add damage dealers since he doesn't do much until savageness comes later on.