+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My first <30 sec clear... and it's Liquid Flame

Dived Relm a bit and now she can heal solo, so swapped out 2nd healer for Noctis.
    Once stamina is up I can try the rest, Dark, Wind, Ice, and Holy might be close with single healer.
    Not sure I will ever get Golem below 30 secs though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Get some ninja magics and sub 30 isn't too bad. That's what I do and have exactly three relevant soul breaks for the battle (and none do wind damage).

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Having trouble with clearing Golem still myself; for my other mage groups 2 buffers a healer and 2 dd (or one & entrust) was enough but I keep coming up short on golem.

Alphinaud Maduin/Tiamat BSB
    Emperor Meteor/Meltdown BSB
    Vanille Prot/Cure BSB
    OK Wrath/Entrust BSB
    Papalymo Shell/Cure SSB

I have Fjuin BSB as well, but no en-Wind for her. Main trouble seems to be building first SBs since Wind magic abilities are rather lacking and not having enough hones on Tiamat/Meltdown to fill a gauge. Any advice?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Liquid flame down sub 30; butz usb, rikku usb/bssb(1), shelke, ok, ramza (shout). Pain in the butt and not shooting for sub 30 again. Goddamn that rng.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Having trouble with clearing Golem still myself; for my other mage groups 2 buffers a healer and 2 dd (or one & entrust) was enough but I keep coming up short on golem.

Alphinaud Maduin/Tiamat BSB
    Emperor Meteor/Meltdown BSB
    Vanille Prot/Cure BSB
    OK Wrath/Entrust BSB
    Papalymo Shell/Cure SSB

I have Fjuin BSB as well, but no en-Wind for her. Main trouble seems to be building first SBs since Wind magic abilities are rather lacking and not having enough hones on Tiamat/Meltdown to fill a gauge. Any advice?
    my old setup was almost entirely powered by alph BSB + SSB. i ran faris(mental BD + wrath > imperil wind)/OK(BSB > R3 raging wind)/alph (BSB+SSB)/ramza(USB+entrust)/ysh. it was clearing sub-1 pretty consistently and with little in the way of risk, i rarely had to reset on that fight.

you can sub anyone with an imperil wind in faris' place, she gets a bit of damage in via USB2 entries but it's not particularly significant. i chose a wind imperil in that slot because i don't have any other wind mages, and stoneskin makes a dedicated physical DPS seem like a waste of a slot. ramza is probably the only piece here that might not be easily replicated if you don't have his USB; if you happen to have someone with entrust access that can stack a mag boost on top of OK BSB, it would certainly do the trick.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Get some ninja magics and sub 30 isn't too bad. That's what I do and have exactly three relevant soul breaks for the battle (and none do wind damage).
    is your group outlined somewhere?

I have Emporer BSB, Alphinaud BSB, and Fujin BSB, and they can win, but it's always 45~55 seconds

I tried speed-team; Noctis SSB, Relm USB, Ramza Shout, Cloud USB BSB2, OK -- with OK and Ramza just feeding Cloud... but that physical stoneskin just leaves with 45-55 sec wins.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

There's a video of a sub 20 second run with Edge SSB and 4 other ninjas with copious numbers of R3 and a few R4 Raging winds. It was the 2 button strategy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    is your group outlined somewhere?
    current team i believe is:
    edge- r3 raging wind r2 raging wind; no sb, enough wind gear to cap-i believe you can do this without dive but it helps
    tyro-r3 raging wind, gust; effectively no sb; tyro benefits from record dive but again i believe you can cap without
    selphie- protectga and curada-usb -guts and instant makes this more consistent (see below)
    onion knight- burst; gust r4 and entrust; feed selphie; starts with dr mog so his damage is kind of poo (edge and tyro get weakness bonus unlike ok)
    vincent-bssb- mm and meltdown r3- bssb gives radiant shield although it only does around 40k- meltdowns do about 20k
    fabula grim rw
    enkidu magicite

go ham, pass selphie meter with ok to heal; can fail sub 30 if there isnt enough aoe but replacing gusts with r2 raging winds would do it. or add fujin over edge for a real sb.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

My Golem team
    Fujin - Wrath | R3 Raging Winds - BSB - +30% damage ele weakness RM
    Emperor - R3 Meltdown - BSB - +30% Wind Damage RM
    OK - Gust | Entrust - BSB - Dr. Mog's
    Ramza - Entruster - USB - Ace Striker (Legend)
    Ysh - Curada - Aether Pulse SSB | BSB - MM (Legend)
    Wall

OK slot was originally:
    Krile - R5 Vaelfor | R3 Tiamat - Sheepsong - Dr. Mog's

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

after honing ogopogo and chain waterga to R3 i am very much tapped out on ice orbs, which motivated me to finally piece together a sub-30 team for sealion:

faris - wrath/entrust, ace
    OK - wrath/entrust, battleforged
    terra - R3 vali/meltdown, TGCid, USB/OSB, full LD
    papalymo - R3 chain firaga, MM, leylines
    selphie - curada/shellga, DMT, USB

RW wall, ice barrier magicite

finishes right around 25 seconds. didn't need to bother with fabula raider since terra easily caps with esper + EX mode.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

managed to get Golem down to 42 seconds using the Cloud USB, Zack CSB combo, but without the EnWind @ start LM, i cant seem to shave off anymore time.

Ninja magic team is still @ 40ish seconds too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    managed to get Golem down to 42 seconds using the Cloud USB, Zack CSB combo, but without the EnWind @ start LM, i cant seem to shave off anymore time.

Ninja magic team is still @ 40ish seconds too.
    Well the ninja magic team definitely can get sub 30; you just keep adding more and more ninja magics (I considered LDing edge for this but ended up not having to; but I've heard he's excellent even without a soul break). How many do you have and are they capping?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Can't seem to figure out hydra. Is it better to bring a 2nd healer?

My first few attempts dont have me with any damage issues, and I may have had bad luck with Imperil Thundaga spam, but I just get overwhelmed near the end.

Maria: BSB w/Devotion
    Rydia: BSB w/ Whip Mag Boost 15%
    Yshtola: Fully Dived w/ BSB
    OK: BSB w/Entrust Battery
    Raines: Fully Dived w/BSB

Rydia hits 6k/hit with Titan fully buffed, and 27-30k on Meltdown.
    Maria hits around 10k total with Chain Stonega, and 4-5k/hit on Cmd 1 without needing Cmd 2 for 6 hits (Devotion, Raines, OK, Burst puts me at 1048 or so magic.)

On Bench:
    Bartz w/ USB + Full Dive
    Tifa w/BSB

If I stay mage focused, I may swap Mog (BSB) in for Raines. I think I can sub 1 without Raines damage, and having the extra cures from Mog may keep me alive. I'd probably swap Ramza in for Raines if I bring Bartz in though, and have him be a backup medica w/Tailwind and Affliction Break user.

Is it worth trying to slot Affliction Break to deal with the imperils? Also, which main magicite is best - Golem or Enkidu?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my hydra setup is:

maria (BSB)
    rydia (BSB)
    yuna (BSB2)
    papalymo (SSB)
    yshtola (BSB/SS)

fabula raider RW, starter charge to ysh goes to stoneskin and gets used after turn 2-3ish. papalymo gets the other starter for leylines; maria and rydia both have damage enhancing RMs (earth +40% and weakness+30% i believe) and yuna can use lionheart or knight's charge to get BSB2 online at a reasonable pace. i use the golem magicite for lightning shield and generally try to activate it after the first AoE attack (papalymo is the dedicated RW/magicite user and just casts ST nukes when he doesn't have something more pressing to do). doesn't result in a speed clear but clocks in under a minute no problem and is relatively stable in terms of needing to reset.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Regarding hydra, I'd say enkidu and don't worry about imperils (you'll go from 120 to 60% chance of imperil which means quite a bit of the party is probably still going to be afflicted). Do you have any last standers or instant cast heals? Second entruster isn't just for getting people online faster, it also feeds sustain. Ysh or maria can carry faith as well for buffing.

EDIT: FWIW I run OK and larsa for entrusting on hydra, with larsa dumping healing later in the fight, and butz ultra/burst 3 and maria burst as damage and noctis as support-y role. That party needs to get updated though.

BG Level

You're gimping your damage on Rydia and Maria with those RMs. You should be fine with something like this. I'm just posting my stats for frame of reference.

Maria - R2 Meltdown | Open - BSB - Tyro RM4 (4* dive, +earth damage cloak, 449 MAG)
    Rydia - R5 Big Chocobo | R3 Titan - OSB - Yuna RM4 (Much more summon damage) (Only 4* Summoner sphere dive, 484 MAG)
    OK - Entruster - BSB - Mako Might
    Mog - Curaja | Faith - BSB - Ace Striker/Knight's Charge
    Ysh - Curada | Wrath - BSB (I use Aether Pulse to cover pro/shellga) - Dr. Mogs (Legend Dive)
    RW: Wall

My current setup is above BUT switch Mog for Ramza (USB). Wrath + Mana Paean - Ace Striker
    Magicite loadout for reference: Main - Shell Dragon (+8 earth dmg, +10 def) Sub: 65 Sand Worm (+7 Earth), 99 Hydra (+6 light resist, +10 res), 99 Enkidu (+10 mag), 80 Wendigo (+10 mag)

I get 6 hits x 7.5k on Maria full buff (+30, +30, +15 MAG, +Burst mode, +en-earth) and 1x imperil. I skip command 2.
    Damage cap Titan and Giant Choco hitting for 8.5k with Rydia, (+30, +30, +15 MAG). 70k+ OSBs. 34 seconds is my best right now. I just ran it once and I didn't even need to cast Ysh BSB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How did you get Mog with Mana Paean?

BG Level

Derp. Why did I think Mog had bard (stupid Bra Bra event). Use Faith on the slot for Maria + Rydia.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Worked. The 2nd healer was the answer. Thanks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Farming liquid flame for a last copy of liquid flame to finish the collection of 3 stars off. Loving this skill update; I didn't get much more damage out of it (no enelement) but the soul break meter gain takes me from 30-33 to 25-28 which is much more tolerable.