FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally got my first sub-30, with Sealion no less:
    Spoiler: show

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    New record

What was the setup and rotation for this?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    What was the setup and rotation for this?
    Game was in background and guess timer bugged lol so was hard to count buffs lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

spammed the Wisdom mote dungeon the last 2 days, and combined with the 4* motes we got from the various events the last 10 days, I was able to finish 4* for Fujin (and fully dive), Cloud of Darkness, Emperor, Alphinaud, Vivi, and Palom. ...and I STILL cannot get my Titan Magicite to below 38 secs.

can now complete every other magicite under 30 secs.

When do these drop to 20 stamina? 60 just seems wasteful now with new orb dungeons.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    When do these drop to 20 stamina? 60 just seems wasteful now with new orb dungeons.
    I think it 's when 4 star magicites come around (a month away?). Yeah the magicites are not very efficient at the moment.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I think it 's when 4 star magicites come around (a month away?). Yeah the magicites are not very efficient at the moment.
    MY 5MYTHRILS

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes, magicites drop to 20 stamina when the next tier comes out so in around a month. 4* kills are also more efficient because they guarantee a crystal (as well as Majors) if you can sub 30 but I'd say that won't be achievable for everyone immediatly.
    My earth team is crying already, I don't even think I can clear Ixion Think I'll go for Marilith or Kraken first given that those are my OP teams, maybe Midgarsormr as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

4 stars I should be able to sub 30: water (chain and lightning usb) fire (chain and butz usb)
    should be able to complete: earth (apparently hes pretty easy?) wind (squall and ayame bssbs) holy (I'll just throw ninjas at it if I have to)
    maybe??: lightning (I'd like to do the eiko radiant shield strat - save me OK ultra banner) ice (my fire gear is increasingly outdated) dark (I hate knights and they hate me)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is it better to try and farm a single magicite element or rotate them around?
    Atm I only do Liquid flame in about 50ish seconds with water theoretically being my best element . Tidus (CSB BSB) Water+ RM,Bartz (USB) weakness+ RM,Rikku(imperil bsb and dances),Ramza (shout+ entrust),and Ysh (no wall).
    Shelk is unfortunately 3 vit motes from being fully dived so she's not performed well and I want to shoot whatever fools keep on gating vit motes behind cid missions that are actually difficult for newer players.

I had trouble with Bismark due to it surprising me with nuking in multiple elements but once shelk is fully dived I can probably just dump bars onto orlandeau and spam overstrikes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Atm I only do Liquid flame in about 50ish seconds with water theoretically being my best element . Tidus (CSB BSB) Water+ RM,Bartz (USB) weakness+ RM,Rikku(imperil bsb and dances),Ramza (shout+ entrust),and Ysh (no wall).
    Shelk is unfortunately 3 vit motes from being fully dived so she's not performed well and I want to shoot whatever fools keep on gating vit motes behind cid missions that are actually difficult for newer players.

I had trouble with Bismark due to it surprising me with nuking in multiple elements but once shelk is fully dived I can probably just dump bars onto orlandeau and spam overstrikes.
    Farm one until you're done.

Mom Bomb x4-8
    Enki x4-8
    Enlil x4-8
    Wendigo x4-8
    Enkidu x4-8
    Unicorn x4-8
    Phantom x4-8
    Shell Dragon x4
    Shadow Dragon x4
    Hydra x4

BG Level

Finally first sub 30 and it was sealion

Vincent and Terra rekted this fight

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    5 star vit motes? If it's any comfort, those are the equivalent of endgame gear (and honestly 6 star equipment is about as good as synergy nowadays; I use synergy for the pretty blue color).
    I farmed 4 copies of each magicite until I was done with the element then moved on. It's worth getting an enkidu early though from fenrir.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Fire 4 star down- god bless relm usb. also i have no idea how I am going to beat the other four stars without chains...
    EDIT: sub 30 i mean

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

These 4* fights are so fucking tanky, got Maralith to 20% at 30 sec mark before I ran out of hones (everything R3) and that was with Tidus chain. Starting to suspect I need a full team of water magicite at 99 to do this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is where only having 1 good/decent DPS per element is coming to kick my ass >.> Way too much HP for only one DPS to whittle down it seems.

EDIT: It kind of feels like how Tojil was when Delve/Adoulin first came out >.>

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I get Marlith down to 40%. Then comes the savage Firaga spam for 4-5k. I need to fit in magic blink in the team to survive it despite slowing down my time.

I'm gonna try ice but damn I'm gonna hate that faraway crap. At least Balthier has guns, though I lose out on 20% fire damage. Refia may have to sit on the sidelines as well so Locke probably going to get her slot (and also lose on 20% damage). And Iris will probably take Ysh's slot for status blink purposes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Refia can use throwing weapons btw (if you happen to have those).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And fires within is ranged, and refia can use shooter too lol

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I keep forgetting that shit lol. I tunnelvisioned since I use Zell's fists on her. Max augment Setzer USB cards to the rescue.