+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Raijin and two entrusters AND ysh? That looks really slow...
    Only 1 entruster. OK has protectga and wrath. The clear was 45 seconds. I didn't spam SSB, since I wanted to be safe incase last stand procc'd multiple times.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

My Tiamat kill team. Can't sub 1 for some ungodly known reason. Probably could sub-1 min if I had Relm USB.

Squall (LD) - LS - BSB2 - Truthseeker - (+ice dmg armor)
    Ayame - R3 SSS | R2 Hailstorm - BSB/OSB - Argent Hero - (+ice dmg armor)
    OK - Wrath/Entrust - pUSB - Mako Might
    Relm - Curaja | Protectga - BSB - TGC mode
    Penelo - R3 Curada | Shellga - USB - Lionheart
    Magicite: M - 80 Isgebind - Sub: 99 Liquid Flame | 80 Dullahan | 93 Krysta | 80 Liquid Flame

Haven't done any inheritance since I don't want to waste my high level magicites.

But pretty much I feed Penelo to spam p. Blink USB. Penelo had to defend at the end after running out of hones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    My Tiamat kill team. Can't sub 1 for some ungodly known reason. Probably could sub-1 min if I had Relm USB.
    That's pretty close to optimal ice physical DPS at the moment for tiamat, minus a LD on ayame. Do you really need all that healing?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Only 1 entruster. OK has protectga and wrath.
    My bad but that's still not making it faster!

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

That's pretty close to optimal ice physical DPS at the moment for tiamat, minus a LD on ayame. Do you really need all that healing?
    I die to Savage Twister, Twister, (Savage) Jet Fire spam. Even with all those defensive magicites, I don't have the right combination of mitigation to single heal it. And I don't like shoving Edge into the party so I opted for Relm for Last Stand.

BG Level

Well sub-1 min Tiamat. Still can't master because I take too much damage; 2 medals lost for damage taken, 1 for actions taken. I mean, either I heal through the damage and take the medal loss OR die without the clear. Thanks game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I die to Savage Twister, Twister, (Savage) Jet Fire spam. Even with all those defensive magicites, I don't have the right combination of mitigation to single heal it. And I don't like shoving Edge into the party so I opted for Relm for Last Stand.
    If you can blink savage jet fires then pen USB can probably handle the scripted ones with a lot of entrust support. Ysh seems like a drop in the bucket in the weak phase.

After getting Orlandeau's BSB/OSB from this latest banner I immediately LD'd TGC and pushed my Bismark down from 47~ seconds to 23~. If I made a 2nd copy of Thundering Quad then I could probably get that down to the mid teen's, but I need so many Major Power Orbs right now ugh it probably won't ever happen and there is no more benefit to pushing that time down. I will probably need it for Kraken, if I ever get to it.

Currently trying to cut my Black Dragon down to under 30 seconds as well, but that's proving to be tougher. I have plenty of damage to beat the Black Fang, but he's just doing so much damage to me with no wall that I just haven't quite figured it out. Is the new 5-hit knight ability Assault Sabre worth honing? Currently using Saint Cross between Thunder God's, but I'm so close on many runs that if I can pull 25k-30k then it would probably put me ahead of the damage curve.
    My current setup is:
    Shelke - LD, wrath/entrust bot, mako
    Orlandeau - LD, death throes/saint cross, truthseeker (BSB/OSB), x2 enhance holy equipment
    tyro - wrath/entrust bot, mogs
    Cid Raines - LD, nothing/memento mori, azure blade (BSB/OSB) x0 enhance holy equipment
    Relm - nothing/curada, gathering storm, (BSB/USB)

magicite probably not really worth mentioning because I think I'm maxed out in benefits for what I have available, but main Enkidu, subs unicorn for holy dmg, shadow dragon for dampen darkness, wendigo for enhance magic, mom bomb for enhance att

Turn 1 - Shelke entrusts Raines, Orlandeau Fabula Raide, Tyro entrusts Orlandeau, Raines MM, Relm curada
    Turn 2 - Shelke wrath, Orlandeau death throes, tyro wrath, Raines BSB, Relm curada
    Turn 3 - Shelke wrath, Orlandeau OSB (always lands before Raines), Tyro entrust Relm, Raines BSB lands, Relm curada

From here is where I start to change it up a bit. It's also where Black Dragon's attack start to change up a bit. I'll either have Relm BSB or USB (lately I've been starting with BSB to get Last Stand on, but I may ditch it entirely because of Black Dragon's Sap), Shelke will start to feed the Thunder God (~80k per), Orlandeau will Saints (under dmg cap by 500~) whenever he can't OSB, Tyro will feed Relm, Raines will cmd1 (20k~ with occasional x2) until he can OSB, and Relm will either Curada or USB (or Enkidu). USB heals ~4.5k with bubble, but so often it's back to back to back AOE and while it is normally close I just do not ever have 2 bars ready to heal again after that 2nd AOE. Relm's LD is super lack-luster, but I'm thinking of doing it just for the ~24% potency increase in healing, and i'm sitting on 300~ wisdom and spirit motes.

I'm using Death Throes because there is no stat down effect. I can't imagine Hail Storm is that much more potent since this is my only other enhancement to attack. Also, back to Assault Sabre; is it worth it? I'm regularly getting of 4-6 Saint's, which if I can get 10k more dmg per Assault Sabre then that is 40-60k more dmg and would put me close enough the RNG should fall in my favor much more often, but I dno't have the orbs to spare if it isn't going to put up numbers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Assault sabre's absolutely worth honing; 3.5 pot over 5 hits (although it does reduce your def by quite a bit). Saints being 2 hits and weaker. If you aren't capping saints though I don't know if .3 pot is really worth it.

IIRC shadow dragon's all aoe anyway, so yeah. RNG is not saving you here. It's also pretty scripted in the first few turns though so if you can push damage there is no rng anyway. Hailstorm is +atk-res; death throes is...atk up only right? But you don't seem to be using a +atk anyway.

I might be misreading this but are you not running shell or pro?'

EDIT: Wait you aren't running wall?...why not?

Assault sabre's absolutely worth honing; 3.5 pot over 5 hits (although it does reduce your def by quite a bit). Saints being 2 hits and weaker. If you aren't capping saints though I don't know if .3 pot is really worth it.

IIRC shadow dragon's all aoe anyway, so yeah. RNG is not saving you here. It's also pretty scripted in the first few turns though so if you can push damage there is no rng anyway. Hailstorm is +atk-res; death throes is...atk up only right? But you don't seem to be using a +atk anyway.

I might be misreading this but are you not running shell or pro?'

EDIT: Wait you aren't running wall?...why not?
    There is no place to insert it. Tyro needs to give his charge to TGC to get off OSB to outrun Black Fang, and Shelke needs to give her charge to Raines to start his train rolling. As you stated, the first 11~ seconds of the fight is fairly scripted, which is why I could list out the first 3 turns with pretty good confidence. I could throw protect OR shell onto the open spot on Relm, but I'm not sure just how much that would help, or if it would even help more than setting 1 person up with 2k back-heal from curada. The two attacks that do damage are Savage Binding Cold and Frost Blast, the rest of his attacks are manageable. Those two usually do 9k~, while the rest do 2-4k.

As these things go, shortly after I posted the above ask for help it finally worked. 21~ second win, but this heavily relies on him not using SBC or FB more than 2 times. I have done it a few more times with all the times around the 22 second mark, so I guess it works. I'm usually finishing the fight with a couple SB bars left, so I need to manage my entrusting a bit better and I can probably get this to the upper-mid teens. The faster the fight the less healing I need.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Instead of giving a charge to Raines consider a different strategy.

Naa, since even posting that I've gotten it down pretty consistent. ~19 seconds

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Awesome!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well if it works it works. No shell seems like a waste though since both those skills are magic and she has storm anyway...

BG Level

TGC got me sub 20 dark dragon. So ridiculous how much damage he can spit out. Would be even more silly if I had Agrias and TGC LMR.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah, getting all of TGC's toys on the new banner and then his LD cut my dark dragon time in half, i used to clear in 40-50s. i've done a couple sub-15 runs getting lucky with agrias imperil procs and TCG triplecast saber procs. once he's got his bar back, ramza feeds him a second one, noct queues up instant casts and he throws out a couple OSBs for the kill.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ix down sub 30. all sub 30 done for four stars for now. need to farm him and kraken then onto inheritance magis. uh and refilling my orbs...

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Are any of the 4 stars generally easier then their fellows? I've been trying a few with my 3 star teams and have been getting rektd as the kids say.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Are any of the 4 stars generally easier then their fellows? I've been trying a few with my 3 star teams and have been getting rektd as the kids say.
    Isgebind can be easier than Sealion. Only have to use 1 form of mitigation, isn't really all that damaging. Doesn't throw in random water with his ice spells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Golem is harder to kill with phys than midgard.
    sealion is just way more fragile than isgebind. also no flying on lion.
    tiamat is harder than fen unless you couldnt deal with slow i guess
    mari is much harder than flame
    ixion is...different but i would say much harder than hydra (hydra really doesnt do much)
    kraken is probably much harder than bis

overall i wouldnt say any are easier than the three stars, although our power level now is much higher relatively speaking so these were relatively easier for me.