+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dipped my toe into Marilith. It isn't a clean sub 30 as it reguires some luck for Yuffie to not lose shadows or Tidus to be targetted two times right now for SB gauges...but it is a clean ~33 seconds clear with a best of 26 seconds.

I think getting into a rhythm of who to entrust with OK and when would make it a clean sub30. Entrusting Relm twice at the end seems to perform better than 1x Tidus and 1X Relm.

Spoiler: show

Edit: Best time down to 23 and change. Really, if Yuffie doesn't get hit by a physical attack after her USB goes off around her 4th action, the run is sub 30. Love it.

Now if only some Firemanes would drop.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Oh, the hades pattern threw me off. The dispel doesn't override the phase 2/3 black cauldrons if he swaps phase; instead if he begins casting it, he'll finish the cauldron then immediately dispel.

Downed Marilith myself today, but quickest time is 34.xx seconds and I don't think I can speed that up with my current setup. I really think I can sub-30 it if I dive a ninja with a x2 LDM and then r3/r2 those two ninja abilities, but it's just so many orbs and motes to throw at a character that will have 0 other use because I have no SB's. I also only have 2 pieces of water gear, and 1 of those is a blitzball, so limited people can use (very much worth it to stay on Tidus anyawys).

I also think I figured out how to get Kraken down with only TGC and his OSB by using Eiko to crit fix and warrior hymn. Trying things out with Sora (BSB, LDM) + TGC but Sora's double was not staying on target so the damage just wasn't there. I did get TGC's OSB dmg up from 60k to 90k crit, so if I can get that 50% of the time then that will be plenty. Got Kraken to 15% or so during my previous attempt with no crit fix but ran out of steam.

I do think it's funny that I'm going around the circle in reverse order somehow. Tiamat is still just hitting so hard. Back to back jet fires like wtf even with shell and wall that does 7-9k with no time to react even with an instant cast USB from Relm because he did the first one right as she started an action (even with gathering storm on) and everyone was at full HP. I don't know, I think I might drop Ayame (BSB, OSB, LDM) for Sora (glints, BSB, LDM, LMR) and run Sora/Squall(BSB2,OSB,AOSB)/Ramza(shout)/Eiko(BSB,USB)/Relm(BSB/USB). Have Eiko crit fix, Sora/Squall SSS to BSB then Relm USB them twice to quickly get to at least 2 charges then go to town. I'm not confident this will work because I've gotten so accustomed to the super-quick charge-up with Shelk and her instant cast x3, and I think it'll simply take too long with him having to charge SB right at the start.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Jet Fire is physical, not magical, so you need to slot a protectga in there to survive initial jet fire. Savage Jet fire > Savage Jet fire is a wipe usually unless you have a last stand user with a dedicated entruster. Tiamat is the hardest due to raw DMG.

Anyway by SHEER luck! I managed to clear Hades, he wiped Larsa at 20% and thankfully OK was able to keep Marche and TG Cid alive for a final OSB and USB hit. So 8/8 4* magicite done! Back to spamming Siren.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

30.35 seconds on hades lol
    EDIT: ok 28 seconds, that's 8/8 sub 30

Finally got a Tiamat clear today, so that's 3/6 4* now. Been having trouble replicating a win, though so still work to be done. Every now and again Eiko will take a random 6.5k attack (through wall/pro/shell) where everyone else will only take 4k and 1-hit KO before I can get a 2nd bar for her to USB for last stand. I'm thinking about doing her LD just for this bit of HP, though it would definitely help if her trance proc'd. My run could be sped up so much if I had either Ramza or OK's LMR Relm's entrust battery just isn't quick enough and she isn't getting off enough USBs to make much of a difference. If I can time it right then I usually cast her USB right after I charge Sora and Squall's BSB to get them to 3 stacks very quickly. Sora is capping out at 7-8k per hit of his fully charged cmd2, but Squall is capping it. Tiamat starts to really melt with that and I can typically get off 3-4 with a double cast on at least 1 of them. Each run I have to finish her off with Squall's AOSB, though and it takes too many turns to get their damage rolling. My only win so far is at 43 seconds, though there was a run where it was at 35 seconds and Tia decided to end the run with a back-to-back strong AoE. I'm thinking I might take out Sora and try Ayame again because I have her OSB to hopefully push it over the line that 3-4 seconds quicker.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

which soul breaks do you have for eiko? I dived her even though she ends up in surprisingly few of my runs - the full heal and extra healing power from trance alone are surprisingly good.

BSB/USB on Eiko. I know that's probably enough to warrant a dive, but I'm wary of dumping the wisdom motes. I still have 250 though so it's not a huge deal.

Got another win by switching out Sora for Ayame and cut my time down to 39 seconds. Ultimately, the melee dmg was very similar but the OSB on a 2nd character helped a lot more than I initially thought it would. Even the runs I win Eiko usually ends up dead from an errant AoE doing the 6.5k to her while it's still doing 4k to everyone else. I have no idea. She has major wind resist, though I think it's savage jet fire anyways

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You should have received a wind/fire resist accessory from 3rd anniversary. Maybe use that on her though it's only moderate resist?

Yeah I was using that on Relm, but why not? May as well try and switch it up

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm kind of tempted to just convert all my keystones into orbs from 3 stars. I could use the orbs and I generate 4 copies of cites faster than I generate exp.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Unless your 4* magicite decks are maxed, maybe not worth it? All depends on how much you are min/max-ing your inheritance.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well I have the four stars for empowers done including evraes. Need to max em out but I generate more keystones per week than I can get exp for, and I need to farm powers and darks/ices so that cuts into it more. When keystones get removed I can farm as much then.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Anyway, to wit, most of my magicite setups will look like:
    imperil/damage boost/unicorn (probably going to get a health boon or other generic effect)
    evrae 1 (health boon - I think health boon is extremely underrated)
    evrae 2 (fastcast?)
    empower 1 (with empower inherit)
    empower 2 (with empower inherit?)

...empower 2 could probably flex but 3-4% from a third empower is pretty nice. I could also stick the empower on the main and use a damage down, dragon zombie, hades or other flex. 10% less soul break meter is kind of bad though for a lot of my parties.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The dampen magicites are really good and underrated as well. -15% elemental DMG that stacks with accessories are lifesavers. My Krysta with lvl. 8 dampen wind inheritence makes Tiamat easily survivable as long as I don't make a stupid mistake.

BG Level

I would probably have my decks set up for min/max if I did the item tracker. So far 2/8 Evrae. Will end up going for Fast Act + Health Boon. I think I can skip the Crit damage up despite having OK pUSB.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

For 5 star magis, is it easiest to just use the overflow magicites to knock enemies out of super mode or are we still using imperils?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    For 5 star magis, is it easiest to just use the overflow magicites to knock enemies out of super mode or are we still using imperils?
    5* magicite from what i've seen is the go to for 5* magicite, mainly because a lot of hyper modes are a detriment then a boon. Iirc one of the hyper modes for water reduces all DMG taken and increases party dmg taken. Only KB has a useful hyper mode with increased DMG dealt/taken.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At first I thought that wasn't a reliable method but it turns out that if you unlock a 5* magicite all the way their Overflow attack rate goes up to 100% meaning that they'll always knock the boss out of Hyper Mode while summoned. This also makes Brave USBs mostly useless which is a shame and a waste of a new relic tier.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmm okay. That means I'm not giving imperils empower for now then.