+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Having gotten OK's pUSB/LMR, as expected I was able to sub-30 my last 3 elemental 4* magicite; tiamat, midgar, and kraken. Now to try and work on my initial wins for 4* light/dark :\ From my initial attempts it looks like Raines' BSB is finally starting to show it's age, but maybe that simply means I open/buff with it and then stick to the 5* abilities as I do with basically every other BSB that has a worth-while opening. I do have a fair amount of farming of tiamat/midgar/kraken to do that I was putting off until I could sub-30, so perhaps I'll just do that and hold off on light/dark since the 1 mithril cid mission isn't pressing anymore.
    Unfortunately Raines' "problem" is his lack of en-element. Without a chain, his damage is low, and even with chain, it'll take a bit until it ramps up before he does well. On Hades, I think he was doing ~4000x4 damage on his CMD1. He got the boot. Same applies to Siren, except it's harder to field mages there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Raines's extra problem on siren's that he gets sleep resist and not silence from his dive (also I think relatively speaking siren's tankier to magic than physical?). Still workable but harder.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Most of the time, BSB commands don't cut it for 4* magicites anyways. Need those higher coefficients from the 5* abilities.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i cleared siren once sub-60 with raines and yeah his BSB damage is pretty pitiful, with mUSB, BSB buff & 1-2 stacks of imperil i topped out at maybe 5-6k/hit on c1, and that's with double dark boost equipment. only reason i was able to clear it was meter feeding him OSBs and i don't think i cracked 75k with that either. BSB command was basically just to get instant cast primed between entrusts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Raines's extra problem on siren's that he gets sleep resist and not silence from his dive (also I think relatively speaking siren's tankier to magic than physical?). Still workable but harder.
    Oh uh yeah, and counter curaja is a hit on command 1. At least he can dark zone when it gets low?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Bleh, after watching some videos on siren, really regretting not pulling more on KH banner for cloud BSB 3.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What are you guys doing to beat the third humbaba fight? He's really shitty and i can't get above 450k.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Imperil, chain, and elemental team.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah. I pretty much treated it like Maliris and took my water magicite team but put Affliction Break and Defense Breakdown on OK instead of entrust.

Water Chain, Yuffie washing machine, and Tidus tcb.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Yeah. I pretty much treated it like Maliris and took my water magicite team but put Affliction Break and Defense Breakdown on OK instead of entrust.

Water Chain, Yuffie washing machine, and Tidus tcb.
    Exactly this for me too, only Edge instead of Yuffie.

99 Bartz - ENgulfing Quadstrike, nothing - Woken Water BSB, OSB (all the spellblade double casts I could equip)
    99 OK - Affliction Break, ArmorBD - pUSB
    99 Tidus - Sapphire shot, nothing - CSB USB - +water
    99 Relm - ultra cure, shellga - USB
    99 Edge - Ref Pool, Raging Waters - USB +ninja
    Magicite - 2x Earth Guardian (thunder def), 3x Empower water/attack

...put blind resist on all the DDs, even with Affliction Break it got through twice. Relm got stopped, but her high MND only allowed to last a second.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Can you neglect Shell or Protect for Tiamat?

Been trying to sub 30 by bringing Protect only, but having issues.

I can slot Shellga on Celes, but that would probably mean I would need to R4 her SSS copy for her USB.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Can you neglect Shell or Protect for Tiamat?

Been trying to sub 30 by bringing Protect only, but having issues.

I can slot Shellga on Celes, but that would probably mean I would need to R4 her SSS copy for her USB.
    For Tiamat I take Protectga and no Shellga - seems to work ok, but I also have a Krysta with 2x 10 Dampen Air (inherited from another 99 Krysta)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, finished inheriting a Krysta and it made a big difference.

Can sub 30 even if Squall/Celes get drained, but if it happens on Squall I do need at least 1 doublecast Lowen Roar at full power to do so. Still a comfortable sub 30.

Relm gets all of my entrusts. OK will generally go VoF, 1x Wrath, Entrust, and then a 2x Wrath -> Entrust cycle on Relm. It allows me to use her USB every turn after Rinoa's first CSB cast dies off. If I time it right I can launch Squall and Celes's SB's instantly on a fresh chain around turn 4-5.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I wonder how much work I should really put into 5 star skills now. Yeah we can only have one of each of the new 6 stars skills, but going from 5 to 6 star spellblade for example is 37% ish more damage (black magic is a little better off, at a mere 22% ish difference).But I guess it's not like I'd be farming much else?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have just completely neglected these things so bad. Is there a guide that says get this many things, go to the next one get this many things, combine these things for the best option etc? LOL I just watched a video of a guy with the same gear I have.. in some cases mine is better but he is doubling my damage and the magicite is the only thing I'm missing. I'm referring to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49t0OQwVn6E

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

First clear of 4* Dark for me. Cut it just a little close...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got sub 30 Hades down, which makes me 6/8 sub 30. Just Siren and Midgard left. Siren I can prob do after I hone stuff/redo team, but Midgard will require all new shit to do sub 30.

Code:
    Marche: USB/BSB/SSB/LMR-Dived: Assault Saber R3 + Divine Cross R2 - RM: Mako Might - LM2 + LMR
    Onion Knight: pUSB/BSB/LMR: Powerchain R2 + Protectga - RM: DMT - LMR
    Arc: SSB: Curada R3 + Shellga - RM: Gathering Storm
    Ramza: CSB/BSB2/BSB1/USB/SSB: Affliction Break R1 + Wrath - RM: Ace Striker
    TGC: USB/BSB/SSB/LMR - Dived: Assault Saber R4 + Assault Saber R3 - RM: Truthseeker - LM2 + RM

Magicites:
    Main: Unicorn (ATK+15%)
    Subs: Evrae (HP+5%), Evrae (Fast Act+8%), Seraph, Isgebind
    Arc's 1st SSB blinks the interrupt move. Unicorn takes care of the rest, except that every time this setup skips all black cauldrons, so doesn't matter much.

Got first win and sub 30'd Siren with Seifers CSB and TGC's USB. Still have my initial take-down of Hades to do, but I think I should have enough to sub 30 that as well, so I'll probably take my time and not just crank out a flat win. Going to have to get Beatrix's LDM to do it, I think. I definitely don't have enough major orbs to r4 assault saber and then get 2 more r3 copies :\ That'll probably be the main limiting factor in getting this done.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm finally done farming siren and finishing inheritance on my 2x99 evrae, guess i should finally get around to tackling hades next. should be an easy sub 30 with TGC, marche USBs and WoL chain as long as i can figure out how to get incoming damage under control.