+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Flame Hand down. Going to hold off on Hydra until the FF5 event gives me the new earth spellblade ability.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    I'm getting a little frustrated with trying to get 30s clears on some of these fights. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out how to drop a couple of seconds from my Bismark clear times but the best I could do was 31.64s.
    You shouldn't get frustrated this badly really. Sub 30s clears are not meant to be done without some extra magicite grinding or extra power creep and the next set of dungeons is very far away (we'll get Holy/Dark within the next two months but that's it, tier 2 is still locked in JP).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

But every >30sec clear means I'm missing out on those 2 juicy 5* orbs...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So almost done with Fenrir Farm

4x Enkidu
    3x Wing Raptor
    2x Fenrir

How are you farming Fenrir? I beat this asshole once by sheer luck, it seems.

What's your set up? I have squall's BSB2, but it seems to get cockblocked by blink 50% of the time.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    How are you farming Fenrir? I beat this asshole once by sheer luck, it seems.

What's your set up? I have squall's BSB2, but it seems to get cockblocked by blink 50% of the time.
    Celes (bsb2)
    Squall usb and snow spell
    Irvine ( Ssb)
    Shtola ssb and bsb
    Ramza shout

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

And I'm farming with this team (3/4 Enkidu so far)
    Celes BSB2
    Ayame BSB
    Zell or Snow
    Ramza Shout + USB
    Ysh BSB. No need to even cast pulse IMO. A protectga will do

Howling Moon is scripted. Happens Turn 3, when he hits 80%, and then again at 40%. In Phase 3, happens every 10th turn until he hits his enrage at his 50th turn.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i've killed it a couple times with this:

OK - entrust bot, BSB
    squall - BSB2 + full LD & LM
    ramza - shout+USB
    alphinaud - backup cure/haste, deployment tactics
    yshtola - BSB, full LD

it's a super safe setup, i think i usually give ramza affliction break and LS, yshtola gets protectga + curada. magic damage is piercing so shellga is a waste so don't bother trying to fit it. doing the fight a few times you'll get a rhythm for the blinks, i just hold up ATB on alphinaud to attack it off so i'm not wasting a squall turn. kill time comes in under a minute so it's not a speedrun build by any means, but it'll get you there.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    And I'm farming with this team (3/4 Enkidu so far)
    Celes BSB2
    Ayame BSB
    Zell or Snow
    Ramza Shout + USB
    Ysh BSB. No need to even cast pulse IMO. A protectga will do

Howling Moon is scripted. Happens Turn 3, when he hits 80%, and then again at 40%. In Phase 3, happens every 10th turn until he hits his enrage at his 50th turn.
    I can't get away from Ultra cure + wrath

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

nitpicking, but curaja is actually better here. ultracure doesn't remove slow so it's just a slower curaja in this fight!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fenrir has one magic attack and it's a piercing one (ignores RES). Don't need Shellga at all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thar she blows!

I knew I could do it with this setup. It was just frustrating because I had to be near perfect with the commands and get lucky to pull it off. I have no idea how many S/Ls it took.

Ok, just wondering how you guys are surviving Fenrir's AOE bullshit?

Are you all decked out in Major/moderate wind resist?

This is honestly the first time I've just been stuck in this game so far. He's wrecking the shit outta my team with his speed + aoe. I need up having to use 2 healers and my DPS takes a huge hit. I only have one major wind resist gear, and one other moderate wind resist gear.

Spend most of the time scrambling to heal to stay alive. FUUUUUUUU.

fkn steamrolled the shit outta Bismar and got almost every magicite to 99. But Fenrir is a different cunt.

edit: i somehow beat him once, when I super lucked out and had Squall double cmd2 many times. But since then, I haven't been able to beat him again.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can't seem to upload images or see them on my phone, but yes I have everyone on my team using a major/moderate wind resist accessory. I go with 2 healers as well and because I have Yuna's BSB with increased MAG/MND I use a late team rather than melee.

BG Level

Wind resist accessories. He won't AoE twice in a row. You shouldn't be taking too much damage besides Savage Winds.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i've been using slow resist accessories mainly, with some slight wind resistance help from magicites. i also have LD yshtola w/ curada and a secondary healer too so that takes a lot of pressure off. a magic blink would be ideal since i think the AoE is his sole magic attack, so if you have one available i'd see if you can possibly slot that in.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This is honestly the first time I've just been stuck in this game so far. He's wrecking the shit outta my team with his speed + aoe. I need up having to use 2 healers and my DPS takes a huge hit. I only have one major wind resist gear, and one other moderate wind resist gear.

fkn steamrolled the shit outta Bismar and got almost every magicite to 99. But Fenrir is a different cunt.

edit: i somehow beat him once, when I super lucked out and had Squall double cmd2 many times. But since then, I haven't been able to beat him again.

What is the team set up that you are utilizing for Fenrir? It's hard to make suggestions without knowing what you got. My magicite fight set ups accessory wise have been healer with major, entrust/support and other healer with moderates, and the 2 damagers with ATT or MAG. I don't know about everyone else but I think Sealion is easier (probably due to having better fire SBs than ice SBs and his AI seems a bit easier to predict.) Might want to fight him and get the magicites leveled to help with Fenrir.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Am I missing something, I see the Nightmare dungron area now says Nightmare and Magicite dungeons, but when I click on there all I see are the Nightmare dungeons, and nothing else to click for anyu sub menu for magicite dungeons, what am I doing wrong?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Am I missing something, I see the Nightmare dungron area now says Nightmare and Magicite dungeons, but when I click on there all I see are the Nightmare dungeons, and nothing else to click for anyu sub menu for magicite dungeons, what am I doing wrong?
    Have you cleared all Nightmares? If so just tap the center and it'll take you to the Magicite selection screen.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Got almost every magicite to 99?? How? Are you just beating Bismark every day for dupes or w/e? Here I was thinking having Fenrir at 80 was good.

As for why you're struggling, well from the post you made up above, it seemed like you were spamming your Squall CMDs in his BSB2 on a blinked target? Just have to be smart and try to plan around his Savage Howling RoarWindwhatever his buff is thing. All it takes is one hit to knock it away so Squall can go ham.

Wind resist accessories help a lot too, and heck, don't forget to use the Fenrir Magicite you got too. Can blink a lil bit of damage away or w/e from him. It helps too. I'm doing this with basically the same team, and only one heal and never really struggle to keep folks topped off, so I dunno what's going on with you.

In other news, I beat the fire one with Tidus as my only source of water damage (OSB). Just fed him with Wrath/Entrust on OK, had Ramza for Shout to add on with the boostgas, ran my typical Curaja/Wrath Yshtola and had Noctis there for some instant cast goodness (SSB)

One more left to do, and it's the Thunder one. I have all of... 1 earth SB (Rinoa BSB) ..and her enearth SB I guess, so hey two.