+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thanks for that. I think my damage output is greater than the strats listed there since I'm not relying on BSBs for damage. I have Rydia's for enEarth but a R5 titan and R3 titan is enough charges so she never uses CMD1 for dmg. I think the main thing will be getting 2 lv99 copies of Hades inherited up, but I'll probably try it with 1 at first.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

1 is fine, i actually had to farm just for that but i cleared it np. 2 might give you a bit more breathing room on hones if you're low-ish in that department, but it doesn't sound like that should be an issue for you.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Farming to beat ice magicite is going to suck.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Finally finished farming Quetzalcoatl! Gotta level them and farm Garuda/Mimic Queens now before I dive back into farming Famfrit (12 more to go...) and attempting Geosganeo.

BG Level

I still haven't figured out a good party for Ice without chain.

Hopefully that chain banner comes soon enough or Sora gets an AASB with multi element shenanigans.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sub 30'd hecantocheir (sp) with a little trouble. No cloud. Celes and bartz are back baby. That atk/mag cut is a real pain.

Waiting for now on adamantoise since not bothered with syldra yet. I can't say I really need an empower earth with upgraded defense boon...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Finally downed Geosganeo! His opening phase was such a PitA, mainly because I couldn't put MM on Ovelia for last stand and heals. Made a mistake and casted Shantotto AOSB at low chain with Savage Mode up, so it did 45k a hit, I'm sure if I did it at end of chain and Quetz recanted, it could hit 70k+ a hit.

Party Setup
    Edge - 2x R5 Swift Bolt - USB0 Ace Striker
    Ovelia - R2 Shellga / R4 Curada - USB + LMR TGC Mode
    OK - R4 Voltech / R4 Entrust - mUSB DMT
    Shantotto - 2x R3 Hell Thunder - CSB + BSB + AOSB + triple witch LMR MM
    Desch - R4 Chain Thundaja / R5 Chain Thundaga - USB Tyro MC3 RM
    Quetz (Empower Lightning + Magic boost / Quetz (same) / Famfrit (Health Boon + PHY Ward 5) / Evrae (Magic Ward 8) / Seraph

All characters except Shantotto LD and Crystal Watered

Edit: redid it and this time had Shant cast AOSB at 6 imperil, no rage mode, 70 chain and all 3 hits did 99999! FeelsGoodMan. Still having hone issues, so swapped 1 hell thunder for R4 Chain Thundaga, which helps.

Sub 30'd hec, but it wasn't easy. I'm not sure how people are surviving the last-minute barrage he does

BG Level

Cloud, entrust battery, and timing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hmm, working on geosgaeno atm and can't quite get there. i'm dying to 60% of my party getting petrified, first attempts were at 40s or so but my best attempt it fell apart at 28s with about 5-10% to go. current setup is:

shelkebot
    elarra - curada/shellga, TGC, USB
    OK - MeBD/voltech, DMT, mUSB
    shantotto - lunatic thunder/chain thundaga, MM, CSB/USB
    ashe - chain thundaga/vali, lit+, USB/OSB

i think if i delay quez call by half a second or so it'll line up better with breaking rage mode as i've had to rely on ashe for a bunch of those. outside of that idk what to do besides wait for luck on the right AASB/AOSB.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    hmm, working on geosgaeno atm and can't quite get there. i'm dying to 60% of my party getting petrified, first attempts were at 40s or so but my best attempt it fell apart at 28s with about 5-10% to go. current setup is:

shelkebot
    elarra - curada/shellga, TGC, USB
    OK - MeBD/voltech, DMT, mUSB
    shantotto - lunatic thunder/chain thundaga, MM, CSB/USB
    ashe - chain thundaga/vali, lit+, USB/OSB

i think if i delay quez call by half a second or so it'll line up better with breaking rage mode as i've had to rely on ashe for a bunch of those. outside of that idk what to do besides wait for luck on the right AASB/AOSB.
    Do you have any form of blink or Astra? As I posted above, I use Edge with his SSB2 mainly just to avoid the shitty petrify. I also tried using Ashe before with USB/LMR, but ended up switching her for Desch since that stupid barthunder in P2 made Quetz not break rage mode unless 60+ on chain.

Also you may want to switch out MBD with Entrust to have OK help Shant juggle CSB/USB in case you need to swap out Shelke for a blinker or Astra (plus boss has 70% break resistance and his most dangerous attacks are coded PHY).

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You can slot Shantotto with moderate water/dark resist in slot 1 to pop her LM2. I am using Larsa as an entruster + astra for insurance.

Personally, for Geosgaeno I put Shan in slot 5 to get hit with the 2nd one so her trance is not triggered so early in the fight and thus wear off during the last push

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Wow, Hecatoncheir was really easy, first win was 26 secs. Still cant beat the Wind magicites though.

BG Level

Chains usually make a huge difference. Supposedly a chain banner coming soon.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

thanks for the recs everyone! not there quite yet, i keep fucking up the sequencing and getting wrecked by petrify, but i feel like swapping shelke for larsa will get me there. damage is on point, but i haven't quite worked out the timing for astra. another rep or two and i should be able to get past that. still rocking mental breakdown on OK over entrust just to juice damage a bit since i don't have anything else to counter barthunder.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    thanks for the recs everyone! not there quite yet, i keep fucking up the sequencing and getting wrecked by petrify, but i feel like swapping shelke for larsa will get me there. damage is on point, but i haven't quite worked out the timing for astra. another rep or two and i should be able to get past that. still rocking mental breakdown on OK over entrust just to juice damage a bit since i don't have anything else to counter barthunder.
    Oh, I'm an idiot, thought it was magic breakdown, not mental lol.

For timing Larsa, Geosganeo always starts P3 with: Ability hone siphon > savage regurgitate (his poison move) > savage stone punch. So wait for him to poison everyone and then use Larsa USB to blink stone.

Edit: just realized you could have meant using Larsa BSB instead, in that case, yeah the timing would be tricky, but I think as long as you precast it right before he uses Savage Regurgitate, so it goes off after it is casted, you should make it.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Also since you don't need astra right off the bat, I have Larsa with Mako to entrust Shantotto a bar for CSB so she can have a damage RM.

I didn't bother with Mental Break. Shellga on OK, Protectga on Elarra. I think only thing I have in addition to your setup is Ashe AOSB and it's a 35 second clear. You can get to P3 just fine to cross the finish line with your tools.

Just for reference and order means slots

Shantotto - Hell Thunder R3 | Voltech R4 - CSB|BSB (Got USB after I cleared and farmed) - LM2+EnLightning LMR - +Lightning RM - +lightning Armor (20 waters HP/RES/DEF)
    Elarra - Curada | Protectga - USB - LM1+2 - TGC (30 waters HP RES DEF MND)
    Larsa - Entrustbot - USB - Mako Might (20 waters HP RES DEF)
    Ashe - R4 Chain Thundaja | R4 Vali - USB|AOSB - EnLighting LMR+LM2 - Tyro 99 RM - +lightning armor and weapon (30 waters MAG, 20 waters HP RES DEF)
    OK - R5 Chain Thundaga | Shellga - mUSB - IC2 LMR + w-cast BLM - Dr Mog's (30 waters MAG)
    Magicite | Quetz - KB, Evrae, Famfrit (used probably another blade ward magicite during progression), Seraph

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah i'm stuck with BSB for larsa unfortunately, which is why the timing on that one is annoying. good call on the MM swap to larsa, that should help damage out considerably. i did manage one clear so far, but it still needs a bit of refinement as it was a pretty messy kill @ 45s and my subsequent attempts haven't gone quite as well, lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Grrr...I'm having trouble surviving the thunderbolt aeroja thunderstorm combo at phase 3 of syldra.