Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Man even with sora AASB, this is still pretty rough lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

6 more Famfrits and I'm 100% done with water magicite! Finally got enough mimic queens from Ixion to have a full lightning magicite deck against Famfrits and I'm now getting 35 - 40 second consistent kills.

Worst part will be leveling 4 Famfrits, 3 geosganeos 1 Octamammoth to get ready for Phoenix/Belias.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Grrr...I'm having trouble surviving the thunderbolt aeroja thunderstorm combo at phase 3 of syldra.
    same here, I don't get it...

99 Squall - 2x Snowspell Strike - BUSB
    99 Laguna - Magic Break, Icy Offering - CSB USB
    99 Tyro - Dispel, Ultra Cure - USB2, 3 and 4
    99 Aerith - U.Cure, Curada - UBS2
    99 Sora - Snowspell Strike - AASB, ASB, USB, BSB

I should be mopping the floor, but Aerith cant keep up on heals. Guess I can swap out Tyro for Elarra…

I even inherited a level 99 Hecatoncheir onto another to get 2x Lightning-10, and 2x Level 20 Res Boons... no help at all.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I'm trying to solve it as well.

Lightning resist is only for phase 1 - Thundaja Turn 5 and Turn 8. Wall + Shell is pointless after phase 1 since all but 2 turns in phase 2 either pierce or your shell/wall will last til phase 3 even when maxing turns.

Here's the phase 3 script courtesy of reddit
    Turn 1: High Stakes <Instant> <Self Heal 99999 HP + Haste + DEF+RES+MND Buff>
    Turn 2: Savage Thunderbolt <75% MaxHP Dmg>
    Turn 3: Savage Aeroja <Piercing Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind>
    Turn 4: Savage Thunderstorm <Unblinkable Piercing Wind Magic Dmg>
    Turn 5: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    Turn 6: Maelstrom <50% CurHP Dmg>
    Turn 7: Savage Thunderbolt <75% MaxHP Dmg>
    Turn 8: Savage Aeroja <Piercing Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind>
    Turn 9: Savage Thunderstorm <Unblinkable Piercing Wind Magic Dmg>
    Turn 10: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    Savage Thunderbolt is a gravity attack - 75% max hp removal. So when High Stakes hit, you want to be above that if you have last stand or have a blink up.

Turn 4 is unblinkable, so if you can pack a blink, it's good to dodge Savage Aeroja.

It's good to try and push phase 3 early to avoid the Slot 2+3+4 wind imperil on Phase 2 turn 10. But prioritize getting gauge for Last Stand over that wind imperil. Now I just need to take all this into account to try and survive that phase.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I swapped to relm and entruster for syldra. Much harder beginning, much easier end. The girl's still got plenty of life left in her.

EDIT: I did it with elarra too, but the question was really when you should medica: if you can survive thunderbolt+aeroja or aeroja+thunderstorm then you need one bar; otherwise you need two on the healer to do it after bolt then aeroja+thunderstorm. Aeroja shouldn't even get close to killing you.

White wind and maelstrom basically don't do anything (I mean, maelstrom will set you up to die to thunderbolt so hopefully it's died by then or you have another bar...)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    same here, I don't get it...

99 Squall - 2x Snowspell Strike - BUSB
    99 Laguna - Magic Break, Icy Offering - CSB USB
    99 Tyro - Dispel, Ultra Cure - USB2, 3 and 4
    99 Aerith - U.Cure, Curada - UBS2
    99 Sora - Snowspell Strike - AASB, ASB, USB, BSB

I should be mopping the floor, but Aerith cant keep up on heals. Guess I can swap out Tyro for Elarra…

I even inherited a level 99 Hecatoncheir onto another to get 2x Lightning-10, and 2x Level 20 Res Boons... no help at all.
    Ultra cure? not curada?

Yeah that does look like a really good party. The ST cures mostly do jack for me though unless it's curada.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If I had Laguna CSB it would be a load easier. I just need to figure out how to juggle Snow CSB+BSB1 along with dispels.

Current Setup
    Laguna - Icy Offering - USB
    Snow - LS | Banishing Strike - CSB + BSB1 + USB1
    Aerith - Curada | Shellga - USB2
    OK - Wrathtrust - pUSB
    Sora - Snowspell Strike - USB | AwakeSB

Could try with Elarra. Just a matter of figuring out when to go all out and timing my hp to top off.

Edit - Feelsbadman.jpg Spoiled for hueg
    Spoiler: show

Relic Shield
    BG Level

21s famfrit without doing anything besides adding sora to the team...poor famfrit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well, found a strat for Syldra that works, and is a pretty solid 26 second clear. Same team as above with a few tweaks.

99 Squall - 2x Snowspell Strike - BUSB -Ice+40%
    99 Laguna - Offering - CSB USB - Mog Master
    99 Tyro - Entrust, E Jitterbug- USB2, 3 and 4 - Mako Might
    99 Aerith - U.Cure, Curada - UBS2 - TGM
    99 Sora - Dispel, Snowspell Strike - AASB, ASB, USB, BSB - +40% weakness

Tyro pops DVG at the start, Jitterbug second turn, Maticore 3rd, then Entrusts Sora - entrusts Aerith / jitterbug the rest of the battle.
    Laguna Icy Offerings on the first TWO turns, THEN pops Chain, followed by USB imperil on next turn - by waiting for turn three to pop the chain, I make sure to get all of soras AASB in the chain window, and can immidiately follow up with USB imperil.
    Squall is SSS all the things and BUSB when ready.
    Sora was SSS > Dispel > SSS > USB > AAOSB > SSS to death.

Got rid of Thunder resist hecatoncheir since it was not doing anything and replaced with a Dual Wind resist Crysta, and swapped Evrae for Seraph w_Spellward 5

Only annoying requirement is that this strat requires Aerith to either Double-cast, or AOE chase a heal on one of the first two turns... otherwise someone dies. if everyone makes it past turn two, then it's a win.

so glad this bastard is done! ...now for Chupon.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

WTF was the Siegfried FF6 fight in Crystal Tower???

I set up a decent FF6 team and he died in 1 hit lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's the siegfried we fought elsewhere! I view it as making up for the rest of the CT which I thought was a bit harder this time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Adamantoise down, so all 5 star magis done. Not even close to a sub 30, lack of power to burst it down at the end and it has a million ways to stall...

BG Level

Syldra down finally. 31 seconds with only Sora alive. Trying to draw for Sora LMR or Arcane failed and I'm REALLY done pulling on banner 1.

Still need to find the right sequence for Typhon. Or get another USB via select since Lulu 1 is kinda underwhelming.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

4 adamantoises farmed. now i can rest and farm at my leisure for inheritances.

BG Level

You mean farm Syldra + Typhon for all the Atk/Mag boon 20s until satisfied.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    You mean farm Syldra + Typhon for all the Atk/Mag boon 20s until satisfied.
    That is a depressing thought... since I have near ideal teams for both and still haven't cleared them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

at least typhon won't be a problem; syldra.......

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

got bored with doing water magicite farming so decided to move up to fire for a change of pace. phoenix down, woo! guess this means i can safely skip the tidus AASB banner.

tidus(LD): bullet r3/shot r2, chain/bsb2, DMT
    wakka(4*): FB r3/shot r3, USB, ace
    OK(LD): wrath/entrust, pUSB, MM
    bartz(LD): storm r4, USB1/OSB/ASB, water+40%
    elarra(LD): curada/shellga, USB1, lionheart

still have some consistency issues mostly down to bad inputs but this comes in at 24-29s. gotta farm a bunch more and then figure out a plan for belias, which i am nowhere near as well-equipped to tackle.

BG Level

Belias isn't that bad. My setup was Palom USB (Vivi can sub), Rydia Water BSB, Tidus Chain Sapphire Shot + Power Break, Elarra, OK mUSB DPS setup. It's about sitting on your magicite to skip the first Berserk on Phase 1 Turn 10, lining up magicite casting with the Phase 2/Turn2 Slot 1+5 beatdown, power break the following turn, then Phase 2/Turn 4 AoE that hits really hard if Belias is enraged/atk buffed.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Downed Phoenix! Also got my first ever sub 30 on a 5* Magicite, thanks Elarra USB!

Setup
    Tidus - R4 Sapphire Blitz - CSB + bUSB + LMR / DMT
    Bartz - R4 Stormspell Strike - USB1 + AOSB / +40% weakness dmg
    OK - Wrath/Entrust - pUSB / MM
    Wakka - Full Break / Sapphire Shot - USB1 / Ace Striker
    Elarra - Shellga / Curada - USB1 / Lionheart
    RW: Wall All LD and Crystal Watered
    Geosganeo (empower water 15 + crit rate 8) / Famfrit (Blade Ward 8 + Health Boon 5) / Famfrit (Dampen Fire 10 + Spell Ward 8) / Evrae (Spell Ward 8) / Geosganeo 84 (need to level and inherit atk +15 and crit 8)

Also yes, I did shamelessly copy Moridam. Thanks for the setup and for causing me to use Wakka over Yuffie for imperil and full break (it helps everyone barely survive Savage Meteor)