+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well got around to catching up on Record Dungeons and had enough to Crystal water Eiko/Terra/Papalymo and finished my fire magic deck and can now comfortably farm Manticore.

Halfway done (farming 2 copies) and then I can tackle Syldra once I level them...... *shivers*....

Relic Shield
    BG Level

haha ... syldra

Relic Shield
    BG Level

oops, wrong thread. tried out barret usb in hecatoncheir with cloud and friends. worked rather nicely although i wonder if zid would be better than barret...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Madeen and lakshmi done, although lak not mastered. I'll go back for it eventually. Neither sub 30 - my holy is weak, and my dark isn't much better.

Madeen: I just left him in savage mode and hit him till he died with raines usb/burst combo and golbez chain+burst radiant shield combo.

Lakshmi: Oh lordy. So this one's like hades and to a lesser extent chupon: if you don't have enough DPS then it hits you with a confuse top 2/sleep bottom 2 combo. You can recover from this with an aoe esuna or anything else, and you can blink it with astra (in the end I used uni) and honestly the damage is low - even considering it gets a 75 mag/mind buff in phase 2 - but if you can't out damage it then its a real pain. And it has a de-haste. I ended up throwing eiko and ignis at it with sice and shadow usbs, and gen 2 chain. Seifer's chain is literally the only reason I cleared, but he feels terrible to use. Although keeping him on mark of dorkness and not dived probably doesn't help...

Dissidia banner can't come fast enough.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

See, im having a hard time balancing Nabaat and Golbez.

My Nabaat is DECKED out. But Golbez doesn't have much to do other than MoD for physical fights. And then for physical fights im having to bring OK and healer, which really just leaves me with 1 slot for DD (Sephiroth). Maybe I should drop Nabaat for Vayne or T.G. Cid.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Hmm, I guess I can give Madeen a shot. Kuja USB/OSB, Raines BSB+OSB, and Seifer CSB should take me to the finish line. Only issue is ensuring I can get Seifer's Magic high enough that Mark of Darkness actually hits with magic and not physical. If I didn't need entrust, I would add ExDeath over OK but I'll see what I can do with my initial team.

Edit: got it down to 25% on a dry run. Need a few more hones and shift some RMs around. Heck I think I'm going to use Kuja's 60s doom RM.

And clear with the 2nd setup. Necrofear on Kuja and spammed it after burning through R4 DZ. 55 seconds. Was able to skip the turn 11 dispel somehow. Still would want to farm more dark orbs for hones but at least I can get my 8+ copies of Madeen easily then go back to Typhon + Earth.

Elarra | Curada + Shellga | USB | LM1+2 | Gathering Storm
    Kuja | R3 Necrofear + R4 DZ | USB + BSB + OSB(not even sure I casted it) | LM1+2 | 60 second Doom RM
    Seifer | R3 Mark of Darkness + R3 Morbid Countdown | CSB + USB2 | Dr. Mogs
    Raines | R5 Dire Heal + Dispel | BSB + OSB | LM1+2 | True Madness (+30% Dark Damage)
    OK | Entrustbot | LMR | mUSB | Mako Might

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I thought Manticore was bad, then I met Mateus, ugh, this fight is so far (Syldra/Typhon will beg to differ soon) the hardest magicite I've done. Having to rely on fire imperil procs makes this frustrating too.

Setup
    Sabin - R4 Fires Within and Iron fist Fire - USB + OSB - No Chicken Wuss
    Edgar - R4 Armor Break and Flame Offer - USB - Tyro MC3 RM
    OK - Wrath/Entrust - pUSB - Mako Might
    Bartz - R4 Fire Quadstrike and Blastspell Strike - USB2 + AOSB - Spellblade DMG +40%
    Elarra - R4 Bard Shellga and R3 Carbuncle - USB + LMR - DMT
    Wall RW
    Magicite: Belias (Empower Fire 15 + Crit Rate +8) / Belias (ATK +15 + Crit Rate 8) / Famfrit (Blade Ward 8 + Health Boon 8) / Evrae (Spell Ward 8) / Phoenix (Dampen Ice 10 + Health Boon 8)

Timed Belias to be casted once USBs were up and recasted Elarra USB after Savage Blizzaja.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Wait until Chupon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

farmed a lak and madeen. need seph aasb or anything else dark.

BG Level

What was your setup?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Finally done with Adamantoise (for now) -- had the right setup, but I needed to rearrange folks to optimize... final group is;

99 Fujin - Raging Storm x8, Raging Storm x8 - USB, OSB
    99 Barb - Meltdown x8, Tornado x6 - USB
    99 Alpha - Dispel x8, D.Valefor x5 - CSB
    99 Elarra - U Cure, Curada x10 - USB
    99 Tyro - Hastega, MuitiBreak - USB

...main issues were; I was using Barbs BSB to imperil, I had Barb in slot 1, and Fujin in slot 2, so when slow and confuse came around at 30 seconds the fight would just grind to a halt... I found by putting Fujin in the top slot, Ellara could UCure her, and then Tyro in the bottom slot - he was OK to ignore for a bit, and not have an effect on the damage. Both Fujin and Barb ONLY used USB (the imperil from Barb BSB wasn't needed), Alpha ONLY casted chain (using any other soul break would leave too much time between chains). Giving hastefa to Tyro, instead of ellara, allowed us to keep haste up without worrying about heals. The last thing I needed to watch was (timing wise) every time Alphas USB guage was full, it meant that Adamantoise was about to pop mighty guard, so I new to hang back until it was time to dispel.

it's a pretty consistent 45sec clear.

now... back to Chupon >.<

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What was your setup?
    I'll post in a bit - working on a different setup with cloud for lak which hopefully is less of a nightmare...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Previous lak team: sice (usb) eiko (usb) shadow (usb) ignis (burst...which is basically a usb) seifer (chain). Buff shadow, try and sneak in a command 1 to buff sice. The entire fight is a damage race. Wrathtrusting ignis, seifer dispels and hits. it's terrible because shadow has to dual trigger at least once in the first phase or you literally just lose. unicorn blocks an entice-lullaby set.

lak team: shadow ignis cloud (usb1) elarra seifer. Heavy skills are terrible to use, wish we had the cap breaker so I could actually break some savage modes. Buff shadow at the start, cloud at the end. Similar problems as the first but a little smoother...when I can get it to work.

BG Level

I stopped using Cloud and will put him back in when Dark Press comes out.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so what's the gimmick for mateus? i can't seem to break rage aside from the initial magicite call. sora with ASB active, imperil, 2x fire boosting equipment, 80+ chain count and crits can't even crack 9k. magicite followups caps at about 9k during max chain as well. setup is:

sora - inferno assault/fire quad, AOSB/ASB, fire+40
    locke - fire assault/ls, imperil BSB/CSB, ace
    OK - wrathtrust, pUSB, dr mog
    bartz - blastspell, AOSB/USB, scholar's boon
    elarra - valigarmanda/shellga, MM

i guess i could swap in OSB for bartz but then i'd have to forego any other meter usage and all that USB-powered chain count. which actually i guess is fine since chain count doesn't really seem to contribute much here anyway?

BG Level

Defense break.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Slot steal Defense on Bartz

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lmao, wow. no idea how i missed barrier existing. swapped vali for boxstep and cleared np. thanks!

BG Level

Typhon finally down. Very tight on the HP and DPS. Forgot I needed a Fast Cast 10 inheritance to get the timings right after passing on this guy for so long.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

31.65s on king behemoth no chain. Running LM1+LMR for maria and it's bad. Minus the enearth anyway which is good. Needless to say command 1 is not useful, I'm not hitting cap...