+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i did the thunder one with rydia + maria BSB and even that was a slog. GL with rinoa's old ass BSB lol

i still need to do fire + earth. probably gonna hold off on fire until i can round out that team a bit more. i really have nothing for magic water element stuff, and my phys options won't cut it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Got a 5th Enkidu ....

Still need 2 fenrir and 1 Wing Raptor before i switch boss

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

And Hydra down (58 sec) with a bonus Hydra magicite drop. All 6 down. Be so much easier once the FFV event gives us 5* quake strike.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

By like, a fraction of a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Got almost every magicite to 99?? How? Are you just beating Bismark every day for dupes or w/e? Here I was thinking having Fenrir at 80 was good.

As for why you're struggling, well from the post you made up above, it seemed like you were spamming your Squall CMDs in his BSB2 on a blinked target? Just have to be smart and try to plan around his Savage Howling RoarWindwhatever his buff is thing. All it takes is one hit to knock it away so Squall can go ham.

Wind resist accessories help a lot too, and heck, don't forget to use the Fenrir Magicite you got too. Can blink a lil bit of damage away or w/e from him. It helps too. I'm doing this with basically the same team, and only one heal and never really struggle to keep folks topped off, so I dunno what's going on with you.

In other news, I beat the fire one with Tidus as my only source of water damage (OSB). Just fed him with Wrath/Entrust on OK, had Ramza for Shout to add on with the boostgas, ran my typical Curaja/Wrath Yshtola and had Noctis there for some instant cast goodness (SSB)

One more left to do, and it's the Thunder one. I have all of... 1 earth SB (Rinoa BSB) ..and her enearth SB I guess, so hey two.
    Yeah, Bismark is the only one I've been able to beat other than Fenrir, but he's a RNG clusterfuck, so I just said F it and been farming Bismark every time. And yeah, everyone of his magicite drops is 99 except Bismark who's at 80 and I haven't bothered to farm Bismark anymore.

As I said, my biggest problem with Fenrir isn't the blink. It's the lack of wind resist accessories. He's raping me with that AOE bullshit. I only have 1 major wind resist, and 1 moderate wind resist, and 1 moderate slow resist. Between the 3.3k damage to backrow, and randomly fucking me over with slow on multiple character, I just can't keep up the healing, even with 2 healers.

I'll try a new team of

Squall BSB2, Scholar's Boon
    Alph SSB MM
    Tyro Battleforge -- this time I'm gonna switch him up to be a pure BSB spammer for the magic blink. Fuck entrusting. Squall doesn't need it.
    Vanille BSB
    Ysh BSB

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    Yeah, Bismark is the only one I've been able to beat other than Fenrir, but he's a RNG clusterfuck, so I just said F it and been farming Bismark every time. And yeah, everyone of his magicite drops is 99 except Bismark who's at 80 and I haven't bothered to farm Bismark anymore.

As I said, my biggest problem with Fenrir isn't the blink. It's the lack of wind resist accessories. He's raping me with that AOE bullshit. I only have 1 major wind resist, and 1 moderate wind resist, and 1 moderate slow resist. Between the 3.3k damage to backrow, and randomly fucking me over with slow on multiple character, I just can't keep up the healing, even with 2 healers.

I'll try a new team of

Squall BSB2, Scholar's Boon
    Alph SSB MM
    Tyro Battleforge -- this time I'm gonna switch him up to be a pure BSB spammer for the magic blink. Fuck entrusting. Squall doesn't need it.
    Vanille BSB
    Ysh BSB
    Ahh Okay I see I see. Yeah I guess if you've done the same one like five or six times, then yeah I can see how you'd have the needed dupes for em, Haha.

FYI tho, that Sage Winds thing he does is RES/Defense piercing anyway, so yeah. My first clear of it (and Bismark for that matter) came without resist accessories, so they aren't *totally* needed, but just help a ton. Just a matter of managing heals. With double healer tho, especially those two, you shouldn't have much of a problem, and seeing as your dps (Squall BSB2) is the same as mine (except I didn't use Alph/Tyro/Vanille, I used Noctis (SSB), Ramza (Shout), and OK (Entrust/Vessel)) but yeah. You should be ok.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

up to 5 Wing Raptor and 5 Enkidu now

I NEED 2 MORE FENRIR DAMNIT

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Started my first Magicite (Sea Lion) and he is such a cunt even with 2 healers, Steiner with Imperil Fire, Refia with BSB, and Ramza with Shout. Pretty sure I can win but will need to change some things up in terms of abilities.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Spent 3 hours (thanks library Wifi going to shit) and barely managed to clear Sea Lion, he was such a cunt. Thankfully I was able to put Refia in the back to avoid getting OTKO'd by physical since she has the DEF of a mage.... (had Lann's Fire boost chakram for her).

Will post info later, didn't get Mastery since Steiner and Ramza died near end and got roughly a 1:06 clear time.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Should be a tad bit easier with the dampen ice passives.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I single healed sea lion, but I also farmed liquid flame for a week so I had a pretty hefty fire boost. Refia/Galuf tore it apart with bursts before the imperil ice got to be a problem.

BG Level

Got all of these magicite bosses sub-1:00. What a difference 1 en-water soul break does for Flame Hand. Took me nearly 30 seconds longer the last time I fought him. Ray is still annoying since it's an S/L as soon as a DPS gets paralyzed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished my first magicite today, three times. Bismarck. Don't know if I have the tools to do any of the others ones. MAYBE Flame since I now have Bartz USB/BSB2, but still need DEX motes to dive him, and he's sitting at Lv. 81 at the moment. The setup I used for Bismarck was:

Lightning: USB/BSB2/LMR/Dived - Thundering Twinstrike + Lifesiphon - RM: Truthseeker
    Edge: SSB2 - Phantasm + Steal Defense - RM: Mako Might (Geared him for magic, his 8 uses of Phantasm at 5.3k dmg/each helps)
    Ramza: USB/Chant - Full Break + Lifesiphon - RM: Dr. Mog's
    Y'shtola: BSB/SSB2 - Wrath + Shellga - RM: Battleforged
    Tyro: Wall/OSBoostga - Wrath + Entrust - RM: Ace Striker

Other setups with Agrias in place of Tyro didn't work too well. Using protectga instead of wrath on Tyro was doable but was slower kills. Managed ~57 seconds each attempt. Don't think I have the tools to lower than time down significantly.

Managed to get Bismarck x2, Enki x2. The 2*/1* I've heard were just trash.

BG Level

The 2* are supplemental for Boosts/Dampens.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kicked Hydra's ass thanks to Bartz's BSB#3, simply amazing how much damage this guy was pumping out. OK as Entrust bot, Ramza for Shout/USB, Penelo and Eiko healing.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

How much damage was he pumping out?

Mine was dealing jack shit with three attack buffs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

28s wendigo down. Had to LD terra to get enough firepower for firebeam/scorching flames combo but that magitek mode is ridiculous.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

I got him up to almost capping out with his entry but that required shout and 2 +30% for attack buffs and 3 stacks of imperil. I've actually been kind of disappointed with it compared to Maria's OSB. I can get roughly the same amount of damage without any imperils or en-earth just running 3 mag buffs plus faith. My maria was also lvl 90 with +12% black damage from her record sphere. For comparison, I have bartz at S.lvl 32 with +40 attack from all of the SBs/materia that I have for him.

Edit: I'm also using a earth boost armor with Bartz and nothing with Maria

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    28s wendigo down. Had to LD terra to get enough firepower for firebeam/scorching flames combo but that magitek mode is ridiculous.
    Checking in for the Terra's trance mode being great. I can only seem to get sub 30s clears with trance activated. I started bringing Edward with his quickcast SSB which makes her cast insanely fast with trance and her EX mode.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hmm i do have her USB, OSB and enough motes stocked for a full dive. i might have to give that a go. are you using any other DPS sources on your sub-30 clears or is it all terra + entrust spam?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

After his first cast he was doing around 7k per hit and often critting for capped damage. I had Shout, Ramza's USB, Vessel of Fate (only later on though), command #2 and Eiko's BSB up. He's also fully dived and was using Tifa's final RM for earth boost. Also managed to get sub-1 min clear with this setup.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast