+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I knew I forgot about one of them. Steal Defense the secret MVP.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was getting frustrated last night so I went to bed without making much progress on KB.
    I think I'll go through all my heroes and see what I have to help.

At the moment though, my setup seems to have a pretty good group of folks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

KB trouble can sometimes be from overthinking the mechanics and worrying about breaking rage.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I think I kept KB in rage for the entire fight except when Maria Arcane hit for 250k in phase 3.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I’m not actively trying to break it but Rinoa just does.
    I’m not sure I can pinpoint my problem outside of not enough hones.

I’d also shop around to see what I can come up with Madeen because I need 5 of them eventually.
    I’m again, a little light on darkness ability availability.

Maybe I’m just trying to tackle these too early.

Edit: I'm taking a few days to relax with this and fend off some frustration. At the moment I'm going to target a few mage folks and see about farming magia while I'm at work/before bed. I got an Android tablet a few years ago that I'm going to boot up and see if it has access to FFRK. If it's more stable than my iPhone I'll do some magia farming at night on it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And dark weak dark odin done a few days ago. 8/9.

BG Level

I'm stuck for my first Odin clear (Fire weak). I can see how much superior Vincent chain is over Greg because Vincent can Imperil and Fire Radiant shield and Greg can only hit stuff with his katana. Can limp to phase 3 though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I got all but 1 King Behemoth I need I think, I may go back and clear him 4 more times to get the final Precise Strikes inherit I need. Famfrit was a pretty easy clear. I've farmed up 5/6 40/90 versions of it for other inherits and will be moving on the Geosagneo soon hopefully. I'll have to check to see what I have for overstrike abilties to break rage. At the moment I do have a full inherited Queztacoatl, but I don't know if that'll be enough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I got all but 1 King Behemoth I need I think, I may go back and clear him 4 more times to get the final Precise Strikes inherit I need. Famfrit was a pretty easy clear. I've farmed up 5/6 40/90 versions of it for other inherits and will be moving on the Geosagneo soon hopefully. I'll have to check to see what I have for overstrike abilties to break rage. At the moment I do have a full inherited Queztacoatl, but I don't know if that'll be enough.
    Ugh, geosgaeno. If you have a thunder chain quetz can usually break and keep breaking but if you don't you need like max imperil and a couple debuffs.

BG Level

Good news is that Reno chain is fine and can fit into both MAG and PHY teams.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's my only thunder chain so I'm good there. In fact it seems like the only differences in my parties are my DDs. I have Shantotto burst, which looks to be good, then I was going to try Rinoa but I may play around with it more. Otherwise I have OK, Arc, and Reno. Reno isn't really built for MAG though. Good news it that he only has like 50 Magia at the moment anyways.

I got the last 4 KBs I wanted last night for a future inherit, and only need 12 or so more Famfrit to get all I need now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

That's my only thunder chain so I'm good there. In fact it seems like the only differences in my parties are my DDs. I have Shantotto burst, which looks to be good, then I was going to try Rinoa but I may play around with it more. Otherwise I have OK, Arc, and Reno. Reno isn't really built for MAG though. Good news it that he only has like 50 Magia at the moment anyways.
    Reno's okayish with buffs, OK's good to helpthere...shantotto burst is okay thanks to commands having fastcast but isn't really impactful. Then again most thunder bursts aren't going to be much help (maybe desch for internal fastcast via command)...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was thinking Shantoto's Burst because it adds Witch Doublecast which would help a decent amount.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I was thinking Shantoto's Burst because it adds Witch Doublecast which would help a decent amount.
    Wait you mean her ultra? Her ultra is amazing and can carry you through the fight, assuming you're willing to spend the orbs.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

oh shit, yeah her ultra. I don't know why I thought that was her Burst :D

Actually, looking at it I have a few options for Lightning Magical SBs. I'll play around and see what I can come up with.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

After much tinkering with placement, action order, etc with hovering around ~31.some change, I have finally sub 30'd Madeen.

Don't think I could do it with Elarra (ACM would make it much less tight), because Rosa's glint is vital on turn 1 for Haste and gives slot 2 and 4 enough bulk to survive until her first USB. Raines and Vayne need to be in slot 1 and 5 for the extra SB hits because Vayne's chase USB is used first, then his bUSB at the very end to give Raines the CT0 for Arcane. Raines needed every bit of his meter to have it ready, and Dark Zone was leaving him thisshort - so it cost me Necro Countdown in rubies.

The biggest shift was saving Golbez's first chain until 15 seconds in. By that time with just Dark Zone and damage he gets 2 bars, so he can put chain and Dark RS up back to back. Nabaat does Nabaat things, aided by a much more accurate Touched by Darkness.

Deathgaze actually goes up before chain, and just clears 11k damage unassisted with nothing but 1-2 dark imperils.

Ark is the last sub 30 I need to mark all of them done.

BG Level

I'm still too lazy to kill Fire-weak Odin. I probably have the magia to push it now. Though reset fest on Turn 2 for an imperil is annoying.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quick question: Can people explain to me why some SBs dual cast and take ability uses and others don't?
    Example: Vivi's USB versus Shantotto's USB.

I just find it's inconsistent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, generally the issue in that case (Vivi vs others) is Ability Double versus Double Cast.

Ability Double uses 2 hones to cast the ability twice with 100% certainty. Double Cast is a % (generally 25-30) chance that the ability will cast twice with only using 1 hone. Vivi's Trance Legend Materia from his dive actually gives him 50% W-cast.

In Vivi vs Shantotto's case, Vivi's USB lets Black Magic ability double, while Shantotto's only applies to Witch abilities. Both Black Magic and Witch class abilities deal black magic damage, but belong to the different ability schools.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fantastic, thanks for the explanation.