+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Quick question: Can people explain to me why some SBs dual cast and take ability uses and others don't?
    Example: Vivi's USB versus Shantotto's USB.

I just find it's inconsistent.
    If it says "double cast" it consumes two uses, if it says "trigger X times" or something like that it doesn't consume an extra use. FFRK's actually pretty consistent on that terminology so you can rely on it (as opposed to like "large increase" which depends on what stat you're increasing).

You can generally trust the listed "type" on the ability to let you know if something is witch, black magic etc.

Shantotto's USB definitely takes 2 charges for its double cast

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think I've given up hope of an Ark sub 30 without Yshtola USB1 or Edward CSB. I just cant get past the debuff. Either I hold up for the debuff to wear and end up at 32 seconds, die because rage mode dishes out too much damage, or push through it and still finish at 32 seconds.

Does Rem's BSB command give shield, or is it just mblink?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

The DEF/MAG/MND debuff is unblinkable physical. Then Phase 3 Turn 3 is the 99k magic attack that is blinkable. I don't remember what I did though. Maybe it was Elarra BSB last stand or Tyro BSB to live through that hit.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I think I've given up hope of an Ark sub 30 without Yshtola USB1 or Edward CSB. I just cant get past the debuff. Either I hold up for the debuff to wear and end up at 32 seconds, die because rage mode dishes out too much damage, or push through it and still finish at 32 seconds.

Does Rem's BSB command give shield, or is it just mblink?
    It's just blink.

I don't know how I overcame the debuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

DAMN IT REM. YOU JUST HAD TO TRIPLE CAST, DIDNT YOU?

Raines was queued up for the kill. But no, you glory hound. You had to triple cast.

At least I know I can do it with what I have now. I needed a bit of earlier triple cast luck from Minwu to get there, though hopefully now that I think I know proper timing itll let me be a bit more efficient and get Ramza's USB1 off quicker for the party CT0.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

A lot of double cast, but finally found a turn order that got me to the last debuff phase with enough time to wait it out and finish under the wire. Now for Odin after 4 more Ark and 20 more Famfrit for the last of deck building.

Frans ice chain finally allowed me to kill 5* wind mage ugh that was annoying

Ended up using both Terra and Shant for off-element use of their awakenings. Now that I have it completed this way, I think I might have been able to do it using Laguna and his anima USB, but oh well. Even managed to sub 30 it, though just barely. I had horrible placement and Shant got booted early (when possible I like to run things blind, so had little insight to who got booted when), but not before dishing out a ton of damage thanks to lucky procs of her quad cast.

Those were the last of the 6 outer elements for me, so now I just need to do both phy/mag of light/dark lol. Getting TGC's awakening will probably allow me to take both sides of that out with moderate ease (no light chain might hurt).

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I pulled Garnet Lightning Chain from my FFIX LotR so I have some playing around to do with my Geosagneo party.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

bah, wrote a big-ole post about how I finally defeated Ice-weak Odin, but then lost the post when BG decided to log me out. I don't want to retype all that...

So anyway, beat Ice-weak Odin finally -- woooo!

Trying for Thunder or Wind next.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Geosgaeno has been downed quite a bit, Now to farm 3 more 99 copies so I never have to go back until I farm for 6* magicite when they release. I'll hopefully jumping into Phoenix over the next week or so.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay, apparently I miscounted and I already have the Geosgaenos I need for my 5* deck. On to Phoenix!

At the moment I think I found a setup that will work, but I'm going to do some Magia farming for Aeris as she only has 25. Then I'll try to power through with that setup.

Code:
    Hero, dive	Ability 1	      Ability 2               RM+LM	                SB(-)
    Yuffie, 5	Raging Waters R4      Reflecting Pool R4      LM1, LM2, Battleforged	USB2
    OK, 5           Wrath R5              Entrust R3              LMR, Dr Mog               pUSB
    Aerith, 5	Hastega R4(not used)  Shellga R3	      LM1, LM2, MM	        USB2
    Tidus, 5	Sapphire Shot R4      Sapphire Bullet R3      LM1, LM2, Ace Striker     CSB, USB2, AOSB
    Bartz, 5	Blastspell Strike R3  Engulfing Quad R4	      LM1, LM2, Scholar's Boon  USB2, OSB
    Code:
    Geosgaeno, fully inherited, empower 15, health 5
    Famfrit, fully inherited, dampen 15, health 5
    Geosgaeno, fully inherited, attack boon 15, spell ward 8
    Evrae, fully inherited, health boon 5
    Evrae, fully inherited, fast act 8
    I have to practice and get to know when to use Aeris' USB. I think part of the problem before was that I used it more frequently than I needed to.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Phoenix downed! It can get a little hairy, but I'm farming it pretty consistently. 10 down, 30 to go ; ;
    At least I can fit them in here or there.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally stopped being lazy and made the new 6* dark abilities to tackle madeen. Riku & supporting cast w/ gen1 chain comfortably trashes it and I’m guessing skips most of the actual mechanics, not much to contend with except some occasional damage. Finishing at 24-25 after making a few refinements.

Gonna farm a ton of these and then on to deathgaze & ark at last.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I'm setting up my dark folks to his Madeen after. Riku will be magia swapped to MAG after I beat the other Holy magicite. I have like 3 people I am planning on trying out in the party.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

About damn time I beat Fire-weak Odin. I don't know what element to go for next. Either Wind or Ice. But that's too much Magia farming for me to think about right now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How much magia is required for Odin? What’s the bare minimum you can get away with? I have like... one character with 100+, lol.

BG Level

Depends on what tools you have available. For fire-weak, you can skip last stand if you have everyone above 10k HP. Elarra barely gets over that mark with max HP Magia and waters and 2x Lvl8 health boons. And I brought Magia Priest for healing in Phase 3 because those attacks come out so fast. But I also have the luxury of 3x Arcanes (only got 2 off).

Elarra is has the most Magia on my roster (200) and I just got that on Friday. No I didn't do any Fabul farming for it, just kept her in my daily dungeon parties. I think I'm working on either Aerith (at 115 magia) or Sarah (just started) for my WHM slot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I feel like titan would be done if it wasn't for the 50k min damage wall.
    I, for-sure, have all the tools to clear this. ...but I keep having to waste my Fabula Mage casts on clearing a wall... the issues is, there are three walls, and only 2 casts of Fabula Mage. By the time the third wall comes around, everyone is low on hones, and Zidanes en-wind needs refreshing (I dont have his glint for stacking) and damage just drops to nothing (literally due to the wall)...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Titan down, that was not easy and my wind team is ridiculous - faris chain and imperil usb2, cloud usb1/usb2(bought with lenses, sadly not used)/aosb (also not used)/glint (the god), zidane aasb/usb1/usb2 (all of which got used), elarra usb1/2 (but the key as usual was bardsong), tyro (usb4/usb3/usb1) (usb1 not used).

I defended a *lot*. Like every time elarra was up and didn't need to refresh a lot. Odin's attack pattern is usually to do a few shots to chip you down including a % earthquake then do a big move so it's reasonably easy to defend. Phase 1 is really easy but savage modes a lot, phase 2...doesn't, and phase 3 is a nightmare of debuffs and slow powerful attacks.

Kill walls with ultra cross slash. I know standard doctrine is to fab mage the walls but A) you usually need to refresh ultra cross slash anyway because if it goes down you are already dead and B) phase 3 savage mode level 3 reduction is 75%. It also puts up a 5s +500% def/res/mind buff in p3 so rebuff in that time, reset chain and do whatever. After it uses The Universe I fab mage'd it which gave zidane just enough damage to break the last 2 modes with steel storm and storm assault (dash and slash is fine to use here honestly), and cloud ucs'd twice for the win.

Ultra cross slash is honestly the only thing I think's truly important here. The other stuff is extremely useful but the battle is clearly built around cloud, at least till you can throw your own titan at it.