+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I need to work on my timing. I might have won the fight if I'd have used my abilities better, like saving my Awakenings for the end.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah with no enwind stack on my zidane, I literally didn't use zidane's awakening till the final phase.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Wow titan magicite makes titan considerably easier. Blessing to reduce damage taken, can be used back to back at 100k apiece to break savage modes or titan's wall

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

is there a reason to take Clouds 6* glint over his 5* glint? is there something about 6* that makes it better? -- seems like a wasted slot.

Also, am I alone in thinking this Black Chocobo Wind event doesn't seem all that helpful?

BG Level

With wind lmr and typical fights it uses no gauge and thus is superior.

Not so much with longer fights like 6*magicites unless you can sub 30 them as infusion only lasts 25 seconds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

6 star glint is free and instant, making it the perfect rebuff in phase 3 because your damage goes to shit for 5 seconds anyway due to the def/res/mind buff (ignore if you have faris usb4). It's probably a better use of a slot than climirage to tell you the truth (rip my 1k t3 lenses) - that extra bar is the difference between UCS entry again (7.5 pot) and aosb+glint (19+3.2 pot and 20% raw damage). I'd slot it and glint together, you can almost always use spare glint charges as savage breakers.

EDIT: The above comparison isn't quite apples to apples (1.5 bars gets you the glint 5 star so it's 7.5+3.2 +the enwind stack), but the same reasoning applies for cloud - you really want that extra bar. Especially on cloud that bar represents a ton of power.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Saturday night I was able to clear out Ark. So huzzah! All 5* magicite cleared.

I was pretty sure I had farmed up 8 Arks yesterday but I only have one at level 99. Perhaps I miscounted or I used a 50/99 one up when I inherited the Famrits onto the 99 version. Thinking back, I don't think I was able to clear 7 Arks yesterday. Maybe I only cleared 4. Either way, I'm almost done my 5* farming as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Odin time!!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I know this may not be the most mathematical min/max approach for 6* deck building, but with the 'X King Passive' granting both an Element Boon and Dampen is it not efficient for deck building slot wise to give each 6* magicite an additional Empower 15 and Dampen 10 and call it a day?

It would mean every deck has 23% Empower and 20% Dampen, an imperil, and overflow damage using only 1 magicite slot. This would give you 4 slots to do with as you please.

1. Needing a 2nd element boost or defense for Torments would give you ease in the slot, just pop in the relevant 6*.
    2. It gives you much greater freedom in managing 2x Blade, 2x Spell, 2x HP Boon, and Healing Boost among those last 4 slots on mono-element teams.
    3. It makes fitting in a 2nd Madeen silly easy, almost a requirement now, in element mitigation heavy battles.
    4. It frees up the stat boosing Madeen to run only 1 Mag/Str/Mnd boost, leaving a slot open for an easy Healing or HP Boon.

Edit: Scuttle that, only works once the circle is complete and doesn't buy you a "slot". Womp.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I did titan health boon+healing boon - I still have the backup health boon/healing boon madeen in case I don't want to use titan though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Getting real close to beating Titan. I have a strat that lets me skip 2 earth walls, but it is very front end SB heavy and it leaves Zidane without en-wind and without Awakening turns around 20% and Cloud needing to refresh USB1. Feel like I need to buy Zidane 2 turns of Awakening and 1 SB bar to get his ASB off and it will be a win.

BG Level

What's your setup? I can't get him below 30% without dying.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

thought i might be able to tackle this with the old cloud kit and lol yeah nvm, not gonna bother with 6* for at least another year

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Strat is really to lifesiphon Zack until 5/6 bars and LS Cloud/Zidane until 4/5. Tyro pops USB3, Wrath x2, USB4, Wrathx3+Entrust to Cloud, Wrathx1+Entrust to Elarra, and then Wrathtrust whoever. Elarra generally has a bar ready when she needs it, whether I'm using USB1 or Awakening.

Zidane I have no glint for. So Ive been trying different mixes of BSB2 > USB1 >Awakening.
    Cloud is Glint x2, USB1, USB2, Raging Quad. At that point I've either tried timing AOSB to hit right before Phase 2 to take him right to Phase 3 (~43k/hit) or take wall 1 on with RW and then AOSB middle of Phase 2 for ~25k/hit.

If I go earlier, as mentioned, it clears right to phase 3 but Zidane is left neutered without Awakening (which is needed to reduce rage in Phase 1). If I go later, Cloud does not amazing damage due to the Phase 2/3 reductions and it gets me to the same spot of ~20% without Zidane en-wind and Tyro's crit rate boost has dried up.

I've wondered if I should try Faris in for Zack and then just pop Elarra USB2 around the 15 sec mark when it all begins to go down. Faris would let me bring another Awakening too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I ran faris instead of zack chain, entrust is pretty powerful. Initial runs I also didn't bother with zidane damage unless he had way too much meter and didn't use any enwind first phase (also did not have glint) - it doesn't matter how long you take, cloud will eventually pull you out of phase 1 even if it takes a while. Zidane also takes some of the stress off chain wielder to imperil with usb1.

Damage reduction in phase 1 doesn't really matter, you'll eventually get to phase 2 even if it involves just swinging with cloud usb1 over and over, and p2/3 are the bad ones.

BG Level

So you didn't even run a chain? How did you boost damage?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I ran faris gen 2 chain/imperil wind+debuff usb, cloud usb1/glint/aosb (didn't use aosb), zidane usb1/usb2/awakening, elarra usb1/usb2, tyro divine veil+usb4. It's a pretty strong team but you don't need most of it (usb2 could be replaced with ssb, it just helps chip phase 2 down; usb1 is the more valuable piece, osb would actually be quite valuable)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I know this may not be the most mathematical min/max approach for 6* deck building, but with the 'X King Passive' granting both an Element Boon and Dampen is it not efficient for deck building slot wise to give each 6* magicite an additional Empower 15 and Dampen 10 and call it a day?

It would mean every deck has 23% Empower and 20% Dampen, an imperil, and overflow damage using only 1 magicite slot. This would give you 4 slots to do with as you please.

1. Needing a 2nd element boost or defense for Torments would give you ease in the slot, just pop in the relevant 6*.
    2. It gives you much greater freedom in managing 2x Blade, 2x Spell, 2x HP Boon, and Healing Boost among those last 4 slots on mono-element teams.
    3. It makes fitting in a 2nd Madeen silly easy, almost a requirement now, in element mitigation heavy battles.
    4. It frees up the stat boosing Madeen to run only 1 Mag/Str/Mnd boost, leaving a slot open for an easy Healing or HP Boon.

Edit: Scuttle that, only works once the circle is complete and doesn't buy you a "slot". Womp.
    I don't think you really need double dampens. Between HP boons breaking 10k HP, double blade/spell wards, and one dampen, I think you're good. As such, my plan is to make 2 (potentially 3) of each 6*. One will be a double empower for the element, presently I have a healing boon / fast act (overall nice skills that aren't super easy to fit anywhere but a Madeen, usually) and may consider making a 3rd that's something like fast act / hp boon, passives that benefit from having a 2nd/3rd respectively. I'm going through and messing with my 5* decks to allow greater configuration that way, but current plan is to just do 2 of each, one empower to max, and one useful passives. You aren't going to care for more than 2 6* in a deck ever (since all stats becomes basically useless at this stage) so not sure I'll see a purpose in more. But we'll see how things go. I beat Titan easily enough, but my Ramuh team is a bit more iffy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah I don't think I can clear ramuh - one awakening and dingus gen 1 chain makes for a not very fun time. Maybe possible but I don't really need ramuh done for now. Same thing for my lightning team except without an awakening worth using.

Water, on the other hand...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Okay, someone tell me what I’m doing wrong here. Syldra is giving me a rough time for that last half once it uses High Stakes, at the point my run is basically over. Easy up until that point. I have Barth doing 19999 damage with his awakening with crits. But once that buff goes up I never break the damage cap anymore.

Also annoying is that sometimes his ice resistance will be down 1 by then, but more likely he’s got an ice resistance of 2+.

Team spoilered for size.

Spoiler: show