+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

One down. Three to go. Should I run Titan for rage breaking, or is Syldra still preferred for imperil?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Definitely titan. That's 2 free casts of fabula mage with random savage mode hits.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I found timing the perfect AOSB more work than it was worth. Just don't swing into titan with the rage mode or phase 3 buff up and it'll do plenty of work if you've been buffing enough.
    This was awesome advice. I just stopped trying to time it and used Zidane to break modes. Was able to finally clear Titan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've gotten Titan down to 40 seconds. Probably can't sub 30, but watching Cloud hit RQ for 99999x4 is pretty fun. Wonder if I could push his AOSB to 99999x20 with Faris instead of Zack.

BG Level

HOOOOOOOW?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    HOOOOOOOW?
    Cloud 100 atk 100 wind magia. Relic wind sword. Zack chain ~170. Tyro USB4. Thats around the point Cloud starts to hit 90k+ on RQ, even in Phase 2 Titan at zero rage. I have to be real careful with that one hit though, because if it comes anytime other than right after the first stone wall, he pushes it into the 2nd wall and I either have to fabula mage that one and rely on Zidane to break #3 or restart the fight.

BG Level

Same here but I barely break 35k.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My turn order for Cloud is Lifesiphon x2, Lifesiphon x2 (Under Elarra QC), Glint, USB2 + Lifesiphon (Under Elarra QC), Glint, USB1 + RQ/AOSB (Under Elarra QC). RQ if the first wall has been triggered but Zidane has only triple hit with his Awakening once, or AOSB if Zidane has done it 2+ times. Either way, I wait for Zidane's ATB to have him go right before Cloud to minimize any Rage +1 shenanigans.

Cloud is ready to go fully buffed around the 20-25 second mark with ~10 seconds left on the first chain. Thats enough for 2 actions after the RQ/AOSB split before he needs to reapply any buffs, and allows him to break rage with RQ even while Titan is under his big Phase 3 buff.

Waiting to cast USB1 until late in Cloud's chain also has the benefit of RQ maybe being able to break a surprise wall on its own or giving him 100% chance to break it with a USB1 recast or deal big damage to Titan (70k/hit with USB1, 14k/hit with USB2) as a second mini AOSB. I also have had much better luck using Fabula Mage on the first wall and starting the big AOSB push right before wall #2. Then Fabula mage eats wall 3

BG Level

Thanks, that worked for me! Have an inherited L99 Titan.

Also, fuck Ramuh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Thanks, that worked for me! Have an inherited L99 Titan.

Also, fuck Ramuh.
    Agreed. Trying with just Bartz BSB/AwSB/ASB and Tifa BSB2/AwSB/ASB and Red chain before I spend anything major with elemental tickets or concede and attempt a mage team with Rinoa bUSB and Rydia Awakening. Sucks that the winter fest doesn't have a dedicated earth banner but like 3 lightning banners and that the Earth FC banner isn't amazing.

Still trying to figure out how to navigate phase 1 with only Titan to break rage while holding Awakenings for Phase 2/3.

Are you going HP Boon/Alternating Ward for Titan inheritance, or stocking up on Empower Element?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Agreed. Trying with just Bartz BSB/AwSB/ASB and Tifa BSB2/AwSB/ASB and Red chain before I spend anything major with elemental tickets or concede and attempt a mage team with Rinoa bUSB and Rydia Awakening. Sucks that the winter fest doesn't have a dedicated earth banner but like 3 lightning banners and that the Earth FC banner isn't amazing.

Still trying to figure out how to navigate phase 1 with only Titan to break rage while holding Awakenings for Phase 2/3.
    Partial wipe in the first 10 seconds even with 3 people with enearth. These fights were purposely made to piss people off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah my early survival has been a serious issue vs ramuh.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've done some magia farming for my Odin setup. I was thinking, that I could dump Auron's chain and use Vincent's chain instead. That'd open a slot to fit a fire AOSB into the mix as I don't have any in my party currently. I'm just curious if it'd be too much work for Vincent as I'd have his Awakening, USB and Chain to try and fire off at some point.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Vincent at a glance seems like a better chain holder just on account of having access to the 6* imperil, though you’d have to be selective with what you do with the remainder of your meter I suppose. I have to imagine between the field boost and imperils he’d work just fine for a physical team, might just need something else on the side to shore up attack a bit.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    Vincent at a glance seems like a better chain holder just on account of having access to the 6* imperil, though you’d have to be selective with what you do with the remainder of your meter I suppose. I have to imagine between the field boost and imperils he’d work just fine for a physical team, might just need something else on the side to shore up attack a bit.
    I pair Vincent and Auron and Vincent does tons of physical damage.

It's better to use Auron as chain and entrust if you need to.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How much of a problem is it, if I equip those Fire/Ice/Lightning for Fire Odin? They have a water vulnerability, how hard will that affect one of the tri-element attacks in Phase 3?

Oh yeah, nevermind. That accessory is only minor. Made a huge difference to change to Moderate Fire instead. Major on Elarra.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Vincent also has fire radiant shield on a BSB.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yeah I threw that on.

I'm running into some problems here, I'm not sure what order to fire things off in. I don't have Vincent's IC LM, so I have a few turns in the beginning to gain soul charges.

I had changed to Locke using his imperil SB first, then later going towards awakening, but at some point I think a +3 rage pops and it gets damage to non rage breaking levels when I have to recast chain.

I take a lot of damage throughout the fight, and I'm not sure how to mitigate it while building gauge. Taking the insta-kill move didn't happen in previous attempts but it seems to be happening when I try to take it slower.

Locke - fire infused attack cmd to pop ice battle, life siphon after, trying to build chain. I fire an OSB off to reduce rage. I have his AASB and imperil USB/BSB.
    OK - I had started entrusting to Elarra immediately, but I may swap MM to Locke and use IC to build to pUSB useage
    Elarra - Warriors Hymn first turn, then hold for USB. once gauge is back I pop awakening, then curada/warrios hymn.
    Auron - life siphon for sb, then pop fire chain, fire sam ability/usb as needed
    Vincent - Imperil 6*, BSB, USB, AOSB?

Should I put the 5* imperil on Vincent too? I haven't been using the 6 hit machinist ability much at all.

BG Level

Give him Ruby Spark. Keep in mind Auron can entrust.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

to whom? Vincent? (About Ruby Spark comment)
    I can see about making another copy of Entrust. I only have one at R3 at the moment and it's on OK.

Also, would it make sense to give OK the Ninja Ability instead of the ja ability? 4 hits with no MAG boost, or NIN with ATK bonus? What'd make more sense? Or should I just give him wrath or full break and not worry about it?