+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Instead of the six hit give him Ruby Spark as it has a higher multiplier.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For some reason I got the bright idea to swap OK for Tyro. I had good results on my first attempt. Improved survivability throughout the fight and if I hadn't bothered using his AOSB in the final phase. It did at most 15k damage. I should have also used some of Locke's guage on more fire imperils as he was keeping on top of OSB and had a large bank of being maintained. Vincent had died from the second multi elemental multi hit attack so if I had not wasted Tyro's time on AOSB he would likely survived.

How long does the crit chance + last from Tyro's awakening? It was pretty awesome. If I can pop a wrath a little before Phase 3, then it could help get rid of that last 900k HP.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure how to put a picture directly off my phone but Ice Odin downed. HELL YEAH!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Nice!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have two ice AASBs so I'm going to see how far I get with that element. Squall AASB, AOSB, and USB should be useful. Lulu AASB was pretty great on Typhon so hopefully it'll be good here too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ugh... this game. Sometimes I want to quit you...
    Spoiler: show

*sigh*

...but then, you do something like this, and everything is fine for a little while...
    Spoiler: show

...Been trying forever to get a magic water chain, and was literally chanting "GOGO CHAIN" as I clicked the pull button, no reason to pull on the paid chain banner now!

Edit: also, FFXI event makes we want to return to FFXI ; ;

BG Level

Nice! I felt the same but then got Shantotto and Tidus AASB back to back from the parade.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My disdain for you both flows freely

Hopefully I'll get some awesome luck with pulls sometime. I don't mind non dupe pulls at least Might be time to take a break from pulls if I start getting salty about other peoples good luck. I'm not there yet though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Finally beat all the 5* magicite and unlocked Odin! Time to take a break... not going to even attempt the 6* for a while. Maybe time to take a look at Torments again.

BG Level

I think that's cool. I've been doing that just because I'm biding my time before attempting Ramuh. I may even just skip and do Leviathan.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Finally beat all the 5* magicite and unlocked Odin! Time to take a break... not going to even attempt the 6* for a while. Maybe time to take a look at Torments again.
    Yeah, that's where I was a while ago. I seem to be stalled on Torments(mind you there are plenty of D??? I haven't even attempted yet), but I was able to down an Odin which was cool. The last few days I've been just farming 5* motes(which may be wasted stamina as a stamina decrease is incoming at some point) and Power Up Dungeons.

D??? torments have been very tough for me as FTP, even though I've been playing this game for some 3-4 years now. I finally cleared my first one in FFT after black friday gave me an ultra for both Alma and Ovelia, and I had previously bought Agrias's light enfeeble ultra from anima shop for 5* physical light clear. None of the other realms are all that close at the moment either due to no hard-hitting damage or poor healing.

I've thought about making a 2nd account to run through all the free mythril and have enough to actually have more than 5-8 pulls (250-400 mythril) for each fest and actually allow me to get a decent amount of high-end SB's, but I'll just be in the same boat in another year or two, if the game lasts that long (no reason to think they'll stop this cash cow anytime soon).

I do have a few awakenings with enough elemental coverage, and all elemental chains (some .5 chains, but even those are enough), that I've been able to clear all 5* except magic light/dark, but those elements are so weak for me that I don't see being able to clear them anytime soon. What sucks is that my physical light/dark is so strong, easily my strongest elements, that it's such a waste to pull on those banners when they typically only have 1-2 items that will help and the rest do nothing for me.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If your physical holy team is as strong as you say, you can brute force Ark. You will want to keep it in enrage mode to overcome the phys damage reduction.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, looking at my ice weak odin setup, I was thinking of grabbing Fran's Imperil USB to use along with her chain.

I have Squall and Lulu's awakenings so I'm not sure if I'll struggle to give buffs for both ATK and MAG. I had originally tried with Rinoa chain, but I found that I was lacking in imperils.

What are other folks' experience with Wind(Ice weak) Odin?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

With a chain, you can probably get away with the Artifact +ice sword for Squall. Lulu needs the +mag more than Squall needs the +atk.

I treated him the same way I did Syldra at first, if I am remembering correctly. I doubled up on healers, 2 damage (Squall, Bartz) and then Laguna for support + chain.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Laguna has a chain? For some reason when I searched the SB look up it didn't have one listed for him.

edit: okay, so for some reason the site I used didn't have it tied to CSB. I will keep an eye out for that SB.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I somehow 1 shot ice weak at a car wash without the AI script. But I was loaded for Last Stands.

Sora USB + AASB
    Elarra USB
    Laguna USB
    Snow BSB Last Stand + USB Reflect + Glint+ + Arcane
    Celes CSB + USB2 + Arcane

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay, I'll sniff around the Mastery Threads on Reddit too. I may glean some ideas from there as well. In the meantime I may go ahead and just magia some folks a bit. That Chain Select banner really popped to the forefront of a gem purchase if I get some gift cards next week.

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    If your physical holy team is as strong as you say, you can brute force Ark. You will want to keep it in enrage mode to overcome the phys damage reduction.
    I'll try it out. I thought physical got more than a massive reduction, so I didn't even consider it an option. If I'm to do enough damage then I'm not sure keeping it in rage mode is an option between TGC's awakening, then TGC/Agrias's OSB spam once the awakening is down. Do keep in mind that the statement "easily my strongest elements" is relative to my other elements, so it doesn't mean that it is super strong, lol.

My setup is (not necessarily in this order):
    Agrias - enfeeb light USB/OSB
    TGC - ASB/USB/OSB (I don't use the USB, but it would be an option here)
    Lightning - front row fast act light USB
    Edward - CSB (mage buff)/enfeeb light and physical buff BSB
    Elarra - USB1/USB2 (I only need to use USB2 for this fight for the crit dmg bonus)

Agrias and Edward keep it at +60% light dmg taken, Lightning builds chain well and keeps everyone fast-acted, and TGC takes care of most all of the damage. The fight typically ends with 2 OSBs from TGC and 1 from Agrias, though I have straight out killed him with enough triple procs during TGC's awakening.

I also have Hope's CSB but that is also a mage buff, and Edward gives me more enfeeb light so I typically try him first.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You have the option of swapping TGCid to magic damage instead. I went that route with my Rikku and he was hitting for 15k-19,999 with darkness abilities.

The abilities to use are the darkness ones that are MAG or PHYS damage depending on stats.

That paired with a MAG artifact would do a great deal to help.