+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Cloud has USB1/2 Glint Arcane. Bartz has AASB1/2/WindBSB/Arcane. Again it was a dry run to see how timings would go.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    It feels like it's been forever since the last new 6, but I have to remind myself that we got all of the new guys almost at once.

EDIT: And ifrit's stil going to be rough for me without stacking enelement,but at least I have multiple water AASBs. After that fire and ice will be comparatively easy (stacking enelements for fire, squall and rinoa have stacking enice for me although obviously using them at the same time would be a problem...)
    ...from what I have read of Ifrit, the fight seems purposely slower because of the Nails -- so I get the feeling elemental stacking wont be as large an issue as long as you have a BSB or USB to put it back up.

Although, I could also be totally wrong >.<

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I killed ramuh with radiant shield.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

How are you keeping up?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I felt like I was going insane by the end of it.

The actual battle itself wasn't too hard: 4 last stand white mages and a radiant shielder. I had meter gain+ on two of them (one of these was selphie with her increasingly outdated USB1), knight's charge on a third, dr mog's on the fourth (sarah usb, great for this one) and lionheart on the radiant shield.

There's two parts to the battle: the endloop that every phase has (near instant olduum->near instant earth diffusion-> primal essence -> the giant overstrike attack). This is easy: when you see the text for the giant overstrike attack or ramuh raise his staff, queue your last stand SB. The overstrike will go off, the queued medica will fire and then olduum goes off. This is important because olduum does around 2k damage without giving you radiant shield damage or meter charge. And that's important, because that 2k lost hp is a whopping 400 real damage (and also depending on how much your whm is healing for, you may not be able to survive a primal essence+olduum hit).

4 primal essence+4 overstrike hits gives you almost enough meter to sustain yourself (you need 10 hits to stay afloat); characters with lionheart will make a net soul meter gain profit (they get meter credit for effectively getting hit 12 times), knight's charge will break even, and the other two will have to do an Attack command once or twice per loop (Attack also gives 10% of your meter, so every now and then I think you have to Attack twice). Sarah USB is a brave so what I did was queue her medica on overstrike text, then have everyone Attack. The attacks will queue but go off after sarah gets her medica off. Everyone will get hit by olduum and then primal essence (not killing them) and then she can brave command to refill everyone's hp to put a little more damage on ramuh. Lionheart on the radiant shielder should be just enough that every time your last whm fires, even if they didn't attack they'll have enough meter to reuse radiant shield and you can just hammer that "radiant shield" button.

The other part of the battle is phases 1-3. Phase 1 is the hardest part by far, since you start with no resources and ramuh is going hard. I blew a lot of abilities to build meter and then just did Attack during the loop to build meter for phase 2, which was, predictably, use medica whenever your last stand triggers. Break savage mode with titan at the start of phase 2 loop, then at some point at 50% it'll savage mode up again and break it with fabula mage. Then build meter for phase 3 because that's a nightmare with antiheal and savage mode 3 till the loop, at which point you titan once you hit the loop and fab mage at 10%. Don't be like me and play at speed 5 in phase 3 and lose a titan attack to lag, because there's a huge difference between savage mode 0 and 1 - you can speed 5 after it goes to savage mode 0 but till then...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I felt like I was going insane by the end of it.
    You are more dedicated than I... I tried 5x WHMs and Reflect strat and it was just so bad. After 5 mins and still in phase 1 I tapped out, and waited for Glint selects.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Managed to hit the Cloud phase 2 Titan skip. Now just phase 3 kicking my ass.

BG Level

Woke up to check logins and found Ifrit is already unlocked by mistake.

Didn't do too badly on a dry run.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Woke up to check logins and found Ifrit is already unlocked by mistake.

Didn't do too badly on a dry run.
    I did horribly.

Also, if you tap-hold on his magicite to view the stats it crashes the game >.<

BG Level

Yea, what are his stats?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yea, what are his stats?
    Gonna guess: "Infero Blessing", "Stat Boon", and unique, unannounced, "Game Crasher"

Edit: according to folks on Reddit, winning does not get you the Magicite reward yet.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

odin #4 down, water-weak this time. i probably fucked myself over throwing too many awakenings at it because i struggled on this one, but my auto-phoenix shell with a few modifications did the trick. dual healer, aeris/elarra, bartz AASB/AOSB, rikku G+/CSB/USB(imperil)/AASB, tidus Sync/OSB. got screwed on timing and CSB recast got interrupted by the phase transition, winning shot was between 0 and 1 with tidus' OSB.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

One Ifrit down finally... this is a challenging fight, with interesting mechanics, that I don't feel (like Ramuh) rely on you having stacking en-element (although it still helps).

One thing I have noticed, that is annoying the crap outta me.. my instant heals, no longer seem to be instant... I lost count of the number of times I was killed by Sap. While my Ellara or Aerith were glowing, because they had they "instant" heals queued up -- WTF Dena?

Team:

99 RIkku - Salsa, Aqua Weakness - Chain, Glint, AWSB, Glint+
    99 Aerith - M. Prayer, Crada - AWSB, USB
    99 Paine - Stormspell Strike, Engulf. Quad. - Glint+, AWSB, USB, AOSB
    99 Elarra - War. Hymn, U. Cure - AWSB, USB
    99 Tidus - Sync, USB, Glint+, AWSB

RW: Fab. Guardian

BG Level

5th Odin down. I guess time to go back to slamming my face on Titan.

Larsa - Curada | Dispel - USB1/2/Awakening
    Ashe - R4 Chain Thundaja | R5 Dark Ixion - USB1/Awakening/Arcane
    Lightning - R5 Flash | R4 Ripping Plasma - USB1/2/Arcane/OSB
    Prompto - R4 Plasma Shock | R5 Tempest Snipe - CSB/USB
    Tyro - Entruster - USB3/Awakening

After a bunch of iterations, it took a 2nd Fast Act 10 to make everything work.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

...finished with 4/4 Ifrits, and I gotta say again, this battle was really well-tuned.

It was difficult, without being too annoying (although, the Sap ticks occuring before my already queued-up "instant"cast heals was super annoying - I don't think this has to do with this fight specifically though).

I didn't feel it required stacking-enelement like Ramuh, but, at the same time, could make the whole battle a lot easier if you had it.

None of the mechanics made it completely unfair (looking at you Stormlance). The number of Flame Pillars you destroyed reduced damage on the super-move, and reduced the effect on suppressed healing. Pain duration is completely manageable (3 or 4 seconds?), usually wearing off by the time the new pillars pop up in the next phase. There was a nice lull in the action when phase changes occured, which was enough time to re-pop buffs, en-element, and the chain. Plus, the stun that occurs at phase change actually made it easier to time.

If you didn't already have at least 1 AWSB, everything you need is on one, current, amazing, banner.

...but at the same time, my win-rate was maybe 1 in 10, so it wasn't a walk in the park, and I have a pretty stacked party -- it was frustrating enough that I'm glad I'm done with it, and I wont be attempting the Magic version until I have been power-crept beyond.

BG Level

What were your Levi and Ifrit setups?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What were your Levi and Ifrit setups?
    Leviathan I steam-rolled once I figured out how to work Ignis BSB and Lightning Sync - it's simple, but I had not used an Ignis strategy before, so it took 3 or 4 runs before it clicked. It took all the challenge out of the fight (which is why I appreciated Ifrit). but the party was typical youtube setup...

99 Tyro USB
    99 Prompto CSB, AWSB
    99 Lightning Sync/AWSB
    99 Ellara USB2, USB, AWSB
    99 Ignis BSB

Ifrit was above, but...
    99 Rikku - Salsa, Aqua Weakness - Chain, Glint, AWSB, Glint+
    99 Aerith - M. Prayer, Curada - AWSB, USB
    99 Paine - Stormspell Strike, Engulf. Quad. - Glint+, AWSB, USB, AOSB
    99 Elarra - War. Hymn, U. Cure - AWSB, USB
    99 Tidus - Sync, USB, Glint+, AWSB

BG Level

Literally my setup except I can choose between Kimahri or Yuffie and I'm getting curb stomped.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Literally my setup except I can choose between Kimahri or Yuffie and I'm getting curb stomped.
    I start by building SB guage on Ifrit.

Aerith - Fab. Guardian RW > Awaken > Memento of Prayer to overwrite sap > Curada until Phase two...
    Ellara - does Glint+ > Warriors Hymm > Leviathan > Repeat Hymm until Phase two...
    Rikku - does Glint+ for 500 SB > Glint for stacking > Chain > Awaken on Ifrit > Aqua Weakness on upper-right pillar (double cast hits Ifrit) > Aqua Weakness on Ifrit until phase two...
    Tidus - does Trinity Bombshell 3 times > Syncs on Ifrit > then CMD1 on lower-right pillar (Sapphire bullet chase hits Ifrit) > CMD1 on Ifrit until Phase two...
    Paine - does 3x Stromspell Strike > Glint+ > then Awakens on Ifrit > Stormspell strike on lower-left pillar (double-cast hits Ifrit)

...if everyone hit for max damage then the last pillar was probably used in Ifrits Super move, at which point I use Ellara USB for quick heal and regenga. If the last pillar is still up, whoever goes first can target it.

Phase Two ususally rolls around as the chain is ending, the stun is nice, because Ifrit doesn't really do anything dangerous for like... 2 whole moves during this time -- the three DDs get stunned, but Ellara and Aerith have time to re-pop buffs (even though you are likely at 17ish seconds) Ellara pops Fab Guardian, Aerith uses her Glint+ > Leviathan...

Once buffs are up, and stun wears off, healer roles are reversed... Ellara Awakens, and Aerith heals, making sure to reapply Momento of Healing at the 30 second mark as soon as you see the fire move that looks like a mini eruption on everyone (the one that applies sap - forgot the name) because Ifrit is about to double-down, usually procing last stand on both healers, and for some reason, even if you queue up an "instant" heal, sap will kill them both.

Rikku - Repops chain > Aqua Weakness upper Right pillar > Aqua Weakness to the end
    Pain - Stromspell stirkes lower-right pillar > USB on Ifrit to re-up en-element > Stormspell to the end...
    Tidus - CMD1s lower-left pillar > Awakens on remaining pillar > usually by now Sync is done - Sappire Bullet to the end...
    ...whoever goes first next can take out the last pillar (important to take out all four for this, and last phase)

Aerith Curadas, and Ellara Warriors Hymm the rest of the battle, using USBs as needed.

Repeat for Phase three pillars, although, chain usually doesn't need re-upping - since three awakenings takes phase two out fast!

When at Rage 0, and high chain, both Paine and Tidus can AOSB

Paine - ride out with Stormspell (Awakening is likely over by now, but you'll still hit for capped damage) re-pop USB as needed to re-up en-element

Tidus - ride out with Sapphire Bullet, Awakening should keep rage under control.

Rikku - Dance if you feel you need it, Glint to re-up En-element, and ride Aqua Weakness to the end reup chain may be needed based on your damage.

The hardest part was getting the timing down for the 30 second mark, and not dying to Sap -- the timing of Memento of Prayer is... odd.

Magicite is:

Leviathan - Spell/Blade Ward
    Madeen - Attk Boon x2
    Madeen - Crit DMG x2
    Famfrit - Dampen Fire x2
    Geosgaeno - Mag Boon, Empower Water

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I feel you missed an opportunity to put "Rikku - You can dance if you want to..."