+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Alright, well Ramuh is down. That was intense as hell but I feel like leading with Tifa sync made the difference. Also, Machina is a better chain holder than Galuf and made all the difference.

I made a goof where I thought I could get Machina chaining with his AASB but ended up getting paralyzed. Silver lining that goes shield reflected for like 15k following Stormlance.

Anyway, fucker is finally dead. Advice on what inheritance to junction, and is using Ramuh against himself better than using Titan?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Alright, well Ramuh is down. That was intense as hell but I feel like leading with Tifa sync made the difference. Also, Machina is a better chain holder than Galuf and made all the difference.

I made a goof where I thought I could get Machina chaining with his AASB but ended up getting paralyzed. Silver lining that goes shield reflected for like 15k following Stormlance.

Anyway, fucker is finally dead. Advice on what inheritance to junction, and is using Ramuh against himself better than using Titan?
    Do you have a rough ability order for the first 20%?

Also running Machina CSB/AASB/USB, but no Tifa sync (everything else though). Trying really hard to manage selection for that first 20% because either I get blown up with en-spell removal, or Tyro bites the dust from hate.

Cinque (full kit) is my third DD.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm hoping after fest I'll be able to start tackling Titan. My last goal was an Odin clear before the new year and I was able to get a single one. I do want one more to get the 5th accessory but 4 is enough for now as I have the major resist accessories to complement that.

I still need Earth, Lightning, Holy, Dark weak versions. I thought for some reason there was a Poison weak version that needed to be defeated.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Poison is #9. It doesn't dole out any further rewards though. Most people clear it as an off-element Odin. Blow it up with Lightning Sync or Wind shenanigans.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Congrats, Ramuh was a bastard.

Inheritance -- I've been putting Blade/Spellward on all of my 6*s, but I'm starting to regret this decision... especially putting them on Leviathan considering Phoenix and Famfrit already have wards. I think I might put double-empowers on them? ...but, I've also already farmed Phoenix and Famfrits in anticipation for all the inheritance... so, ultimately, I don't know...

As far as Titan vs, Ramuh -- lots of folks don't know this (and I didn't until recently) but the "Blessing" effect on 6*s (the effects that are specific to the fight) work, even when used as a sub-magicite, so keep Titan in your Main slot, and replace one of your sub-magicites with Ramuh to stack the effects.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Congrats, Ramuh was a bastard.

Inheritance -- I've been putting Blade/Spellward on all of my 6*s, but I'm starting to regret this decision... especially putting them on Leviathan considering Phoenix and Famfrit already have wards. I think I might put double-empowers on them? ...but, I've also already farmed Phoenix and Famfrits in anticipation for all the inheritance... so, ultimately, I don't know...

As far as Titan vs, Ramuh -- lots of folks don't know this (and I didn't until recently) but the "Blessing" effect on 6*s (the effects that are specific to the next fight) work, even when used as a sub-magicite, so keep Titan in your Main slot, and replace one of your sub-magicites with Ramuh to stack the effects.
    Shit, I didn't know that. Thanks for the advice.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I'm probably going to switch/make a Quetz or Lakshimi for 2x Fast Act 10 + Healing Boon since Elarra and Aerith have taken a back seat to Larsa Awakening so I don't have quick cast up all the time. Sure his USB2 has quick cast, but it isn't being used every other turn.

BG Level

I gotta say Ellara and Aerith are a fantastic combo.

Kirin I promise I'll answer your question at some point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The blessing effects do work as a sub. However, depending on magicite setup it may not be worth swapping out until the boost is closer to lvl 65/80 because you're likely going to be losing a 2nd Madeen (8%) or 2nd + empower (10%+) in the switch.

As for inheritance, my approach is to split the difference between "single element power" and "catch-all" by placing one health boon and one alternating blade/spell ward while going around the wheel. We know now that Alexander and Diabolos won't have special skills like Madeen, so the Madeens themselves are not going to be replaced but their "standard" inheritances are with a large majority of decks carrying 2x 6* and thus 2x Multi-Boons (15% stats).

With the Blade/Spell ward changes, Odin accessories, and most decks carrying an innate 15% def/res with Multi-Boon, having 2 sets of Blade/Spell ward and that extra 4% mitigation is largely situational. On top of that, with most decks also carrying an innate 15% atk/mag/mnd with Multi-Boon that stat boost Madeen can be consolidated into the situational extra 4% Boon mitigation. That saves you one whole magicite slot right there.

That gives you the freedom, once the wheel is complete, to have:

15% Element 1 Boost
    15% Element 1 Defense
    15% Element 2 Boost
    15% Element 2 Defence
    8% Blade/Spell Ward
    12% HP Boost
    15% Atk/Mag/Mnd/Def/Res

And thats with 3 magicite slots left, leaving you plenty of room for a dedicated +Element magicite while ensuring you keep a very vital 12% HP boost on 2 magicite you would already be carrying.

Personally, you see some real diminishing returns and hyper situational decks in placing +element boosts on 6* magicite when considering how many materials go into finishing a 6* magicite. On top of that, for torments, you're likely going to be bringing 2 or more elements and needing to defend against just as many.

If you're angling for an additional element boost, I would suggest taking one of the 5* magicite and fitting it with +native element boon and +opposing element defense. You have an "extra" slot over the old 5* deck format with no longer needing a dedicated Phoenix/Famfrit and the Madeen +Stat consolidation, might as well maximize that while retaining flexibility for off element teams and not worrying about the 2nd HP Boon.

BG Level

Subbing Ramuh at 50 cut my time by 5 seconds.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Do you have a rough ability order for the first 20%?

Also running Machina CSB/AASB/USB, but no Tifa sync (everything else though). Trying really hard to manage selection for that first 20% because either I get blown up with en-spell removal, or Tyro bites the dust from hate.

Cinque (full kit) is my third DD.
    For me I used:

Elarra: Ultra Cure, crit song
    Aerith: Curada, Esuna
    Tifa: Iron fist, Earth heal thing
    Kelger: Stitch and 6* ninja
    Machina: Tremor assault and Blastspell

Basically on turn one, defended with Machina for Chain, then Kelger with stitch, Elarra Walls, Aerith uses Glint, Tifa uses the heal punch to build meter. Next turn I use Aerith USB2, then everyone basically builds meter until the first lance. Then I use Elarra AASB and just sing until it runs out, casting USB as needed. I do another round of Tremor on Machina and cast chain as soon as Tifa has Sync. At that time I use Kelger glint and rebuff stitch.

Tifa uses sync, which carries everyone to p2. Then I use Kelger aasb, refresh chain, Aerith AASB if shit hit the fan, and throw out Tifa AOSB if I have the meter. I end with Tifa AASB and Kelger AOSB.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Phoenix/Famfrit.
    sorry, I meant Geosgaeno/Famfrit (for Blade/Spellwards) ...but I think we all got that. <.<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Tifa uses sync, which carries everyone to p2. Then I use Kelger aasb, refresh chain, Aerith AASB if shit hit the fan, and throw out Tifa AOSB if I have the meter. I end with Tifa AASB and Kelger AOSB.
    I used Tifa Sync/AWSB for my run, but MVP was easily Kelger, his AWSB and its chases when combined with his USB, and AOSB, and 14~21 hits from Grind to Dust double/triple-casts... -- that shit was just bonkers!

I didn't have Machina AWSB or CSB back then so used Galuf with the imperil heavy ability.

I love the screenshot you posted!

BG Level

Yea, Kelger put in work AND absorbed Stormlance. Total MVP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

First ifrit down. like ark's big 99% attack and debuff, Ysh usb1 can block the otherwise unblinkable damage and pain +3 for 25s attack. Turns out when you don't actually have to deal with pain, the damage from ifrit is pretty pretty manageable!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

delete!!

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Finally got around to getting an Auto Phoenix party setup. Easy HP Boon farming, huzzah!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well, did my one Magic-Titan, for the rewards... was easier than I expected, stratagy was basically wait until last phase to pile on the awakenings...

99 Alpha -Tiamat, D. Valefor - CSB USB2, CSB, to last phase, awaken
    99 Tyro - wrath, entrust - godwall entrust to whoever...
    99 Ultimicia - tornado, meltdown - USB to last phase, awaken
    99 Ellara - alegro, curada - USB to last phase, awaken
    99 Barbarica- tornado, chain tornado - USB to last phase, awaken, AOSB while BDL+ is active.

There is just no way I can do Magic-Ramuh... my magic earth team is horrible even though I have Maria, Emporer, RedXIII awakenings. Emp has no way of re-upping EnEarth.

Magic-Leviathan will be next, and I have Ashe Sync, AWSB, Shantoto AWSB, and Garnet chain... so I just need to figure out the mechanics, since I cheesed physical with Lightning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Took a serious stab at Ramuh, finally.

Got to 20% on my first run. Used Elarra's Awakening early and forgot that Wall doesn't have permanent duration like Pro/Shell/Haste and took a 16k attack to the face for the wipe.

I can push through phase 1 without needing an awakening easily enough. Is that a good idea though to allow Ramuh 3 rage stacks at first, or better to use a Titan early to mitigate that?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

First phase all rage does for ramuh is reduce damage taken. Second phase it adds 50% damage so you'll want to have it off by then, and it gets +2 at the transition...