+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you can make an auto sub-30 team, 5* sub 30 is the most efficient way to farm magicite xp followed by 4* sub 30. Plus you get magicite fodder for inherits.

I think it's in the ballpark of 380 5* arcanas to level a 6* to 99. And the amount of stam running XP dungeons could be better used for farming crystals for hones.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Brought Mag-Ramuh to sub 30 - Rydia is very OP...

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can someone maybe ELI5 various damage bonuses and how to determine if I have a character kitted out correctly?
    I just grabbed some Record Board tiles for Bartz and Cloud but I want to make sure that my LM/RM combinations are optimized.

Cloud Record bonuses: +15 Physical Damage, +6% Spellblade Damage, +6% Wind/Dark Damage
    I'm light on his materia, but I picked LM1(Phys+), LM3(wind delay -) and Wind Damage +++(Much Much more)

Combat x2, or enDark didn't seem optimal for Titan.

Bartz Record bonuses: +24% Spellblade Damage, +6% Physical Damage
    I was going with LM1, LM2 and Wind Damage +++.
    I do have his Triple Cast LM but I had heard that LM1+LM2 was better for damage.

Also, after struggling with Titan as much as I did over the last day or two I have a way better understanding of how to do the fight. I've gone back to my Cloud/Bartz team because now that I get how to proceed with each phase, I think I can pull off a win with 3 AASBs in the group.

General idea:
    enWind Cloud/Bartz in first phase use Cloud USB hijinkery to clear to first wall with Bartz on Rage duty for a bit.

Then once the first wall goes up, Mage it down, then enWind Cloud/Bartz, throw an OSB or two off, then AASB1 Bartz and push through. Cloud will OSB 2nd wall when it pops because I don't have to worry about wind diffusion. In the final phase, pop as many AASBs as I have and go to town.

It works in theory :D

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Huzzah! Titan downed. I got my 4 copies, got it to level 99, and fully inherited it. Those 14 Magicite/Week missions really helped me make a bank of Arcana to pull from.

I learned a lot from that battle, having two AASBs on Bartz helped a lot. The final push was handled by his AASB2 because it could refresh enWind along with Cloud's AASB.

I used Cloud USB1 & USB2 shenanigans to get through Phase 1. Then used Bartz's AASB1 after Wall 1 to push through Phase 2. Having Titan allowed for an additional wall break that anyone else could fire off which helped. Otherwise I had to clear one wall with an OSB from Cloud or Bartz.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Nice! Yeah each 6 star is annoying but teaches you a lot about how to deal with stuff in the game.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I'm already investigating and planning Ramuh and Leviathan.

I think I have a pretty good chance at Leviathan already with Kain AASB/bUSB and Lightning AASB/bUSB in my teams already. I think the main improvement I could get here is Prompto chain instead of Reno chain.

Ramuh is currently boggling my mind. I've found a few strategies outlined on Reddit that I think I can retrofit to my party but I haven't had much success with any of them. There was a time I survived for 50 seconds, but I don't thinK I made it out of Phase 1. I'll be pulling on the Earth elemental banner today with my free ticket. It might net me a glint or something for Kelgar or Galuf.

Current Ramuh setup:

Code:
    Bartz -
    Blastpell Strike R4/Life Siphon R5
    Spellblade DAM+, w-Cast LM, Earth Damage +++,
    AOSB, BSBe, USB(2?), AASB1
    Tyro -
    Wrath R5/Entrust R5
    IC2, buff duration+, DMT,
    USB2, USB3, USB4, AASB
    Elarra -
    Curada R5/Passionate Salsa R4
    Heal +, w-Cast LM, MM,
    Glint, BSB, USB(2?), AASB
    Kelfar -
    Grind to Dust R4/Life Siphon R5
    Earth +, Ninja delay -, Sword Dam +++,
    SSB (heal+pBlink), BSB, USB, AASB
    Galuf -
    Quake Swing R4/Grand Charge R5
    MNK++, ATK+ with MNK use, Ace Striker,
    USB1, USB2, CSB
    RW Mage
    I'm still playing around with it. It looks like a complicated battle for sure.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

With Ramuh I found surviving the first few rounds is the most important part of the fight.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That seems to be the case. I have Elarra's BSB so I can replenish Last Stand, it's just a matter of actually when to use it effectively. My last few attempts I got hit with an overflow attack before throwing Last Stand off.

The main build I'm looking at has enEarth LMs on Galuf and Kelgar which I lack. I do have enEarth SBs for both of them though so it's just a matter of figuring out the turn order.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

My tentative Ramuh setup

Red XIII - USB2/CSB/Glint+(use last phase)
    Deuce - Awake/USB1/USB2
    Selphie - USB/Glint+
    Rydia - Earth BSB/Sync
    Maria - USB/Awake/OSB/Arcane
    RW: Wall

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I see people referring to combining USB/BSB with Awakenings, but newbie that I still am, do people then go awakening=> USB/BSB or USB/BSB => Awakening?

BG Level

It's Squall's in particular that people are combining his Awakening with either his USB2 or BSB2. It's a bit dependent on whether you can get 3x C1 stacks on a single action to unload a possible Command 2 3x7 hits with a ridiculously high skill multiplier and a Damage Limit Break.

I do combine USB + Awakening with Sora. I usually go USB > Awake for massive damage on the USB chase on the 2nd turn spellblade action (not counting doublecastcast) then the Awake chase on the 3rd turn spellblade action.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Thanks. Syldra is giving me a very very hard time and I have both of those for Squall, so maybe that'll get me through it!

BG Level

Main thing about Syldra is knowing when you can skip a turn healing. I had 2 healers for my farm team. I think I forced single healer with OK Entrust + Snow CSB during my initial clear, timing when to Last Stand on Snow BSB + either Elarra or Aerith, forget.

Note, you do not need to refresh wall past phase 1. You will hit turn 15 (Phase 2 Turn 5) before 25 seconds and shell will be fine enough to take the hit on Phase 2 turn 10.
    Here is the script for Phase 2:

Turn 1: Savage Aeroja <Piercing Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind>
    Turn 2: Savage Thunderstorm <Unblinkable Piercing Wind Magic Dmg>
    Turn 3: Maelstrom <50% CurHP Dmg>
    Turn 4: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    Turn 5: Windstorm <Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind> [Slot 2+3+4]
    Turn 6: Savage Thunderstorm <Unblinkable Piercing Wind Magic Dmg>
    Turn 7: NulFrost <+2 Ice DefLvl>
    Turn 8: Maelstrom <50% CurHP Dmg>
    Turn 9: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    Turn 10: Windstorm <Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind> [Slot 2+3+4]
    ---
    Turn 11: Savage Aeroja <Piercing Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind>
    Turn 12: Savage Thunderstorm <Unblinkable Piercing Wind Magic Dmg>
    Turn 13: Maelstrom <50% CurHP Dmg>
    Turn 14: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    Turn 15: Windstorm <Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind> [Slot 2+3+4]
    So after Turn 2, you have 2 full turns until you need to pop off a heal or let Last Stand pop on Windstorm and AoE heal+Refresh last stand. Then after Turn 6, you have another 3 full turns before you have to have Slots 2+3+4 tpopped off.

Now phase 3
    Phase 3 Pattern:

Turn 1: High Stakes <Instant> <Self Heal 99999 HP + Haste + DEF+RES+MND Buff>
    Turn 2: Savage Thunderbolt <75% MaxHP Dmg>
    Turn 3: Savage Aeroja <Piercing Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind>
    Turn 4: Savage Thunderstorm <Unblinkable Piercing Wind Magic Dmg>
    Turn 5: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    Turn 6: Maelstrom <50% CurHP Dmg>
    Turn 7: Savage Thunderbolt <75% MaxHP Dmg>
    Turn 8: Savage Aeroja <Piercing Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind>
    Turn 9: Savage Thunderstorm <Unblinkable Piercing Wind Magic Dmg>
    Turn 10: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    ---
    Turn 11: Maelstrom <50% CurHP Dmg>
    Turn 12: White Wind <Self Heal 30000 HP>
    Turn 13: Savage Thunderbolt <75% MaxHP Dmg>
    Turn 14: Savage Aeroja <Piercing Wind Magic Dmg + Imperil Wind>
    If you have last stand or everyone above 75% HP, then you heal after Savage Thunderbolt to survive Turns 3+4, then next heal/last stand will be after Turn 6 to survive Savage Thunderbolt.

Despite Syldra going fast, you do have a fair amount of turns to pop off a heal. See Phase 3 Turn 10-12. That's 3 full turns to heal before Savage Thunderbolt. But then again if your DPS is slow and you're not pushing phase 3 by turn 18, you won't hit that part of the script and pop enrage mode where you will probably get wiped in 5 turns or fewer.

Someone recently did the math on it and found the USB2 to come out ahead and with less variance since you're not relying on a x3 hit at the start.

https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ef_source=link

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

oh that list and info is fantastic, thank you :D
    (and on the SB stuff as well, as I grew older and work consumed more and more time, it got harder and harder to keep up)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Had a couple of successful Torment wrap ups over the weekend. Not sure if it was completely because of Titan's presence or because I suck less, but I pushed FF3, FF4, FF7, and FF14 torments all sub 30. FFT is sitting at 30.5 seconds, so I may try to push that a little faster. Titan may do that, but I was using Lakshmi for Astra.

When is the expected date of arrival for the new Historia content? I think we're still a few months out right?

Also, it's funny how the smallest things in this game can have a large impact. On my Ramuh team, I swapped Mako Might to Galuf and put Lionheart on Elarra and things are going much smoother. I also gave Elarra Ultra Cure to help deal with some unexpected paralyzes should people other than Tyro get hit. Hopefully I'll be getting that Magicite on my team in the next week or two.

I do find that I am using a LOT of hones in Phase 1, I'm almost out before I pop into Phase 2. Luckily Bartz and Kelgar are both under Awakening from Phase 2 onward so hones aren't using then. Would relying on BSB abilities work? They don't seem to hit as hard as my 5*/6* abilities.

Downed my first Odin, woo. Even with all my Cloud toys it was still such a crapshoot with the final phase. I'm not sure how ppl even handle that normally, and it was what was giving me the most trouble. He just does so much damage so quickly, my healer can't keep up even when I'm doing 1 SB after another. During my winning run I simply got very lucky with a double-proc on his C1 sync, so I basically did 600k-700k dmg in one turn with him right when I needed him to.

I think I'll try water next because I have Rydia AASB/AOSB, OK Sync/AASB/AOSB, and Strego gen 2 chain, but I don't have a source of imperil that's as reliable as wind where I needed both Zidane's USB + Zach BSB + Slydra in order to get him to 6 imperil and keep him there. That new thief ability will work here, but I'm not sure if that alone will be enough. I think my healing is in a bit of a better place though with Elarra's and Porom's AASB, which both seem to be geared toward mage support.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

rikku's imperil USB should be lensable, combined with aquatic weakness she can stack them up pretty decently since it has an imperil chase iirc. i had the luxury of both her awakening and wcast LMR but i imagine the other combo would be perfectly fine for you since she's not handling chain duties or anything else she needs to burn meter on.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Rikku also has a few SBs that are good for haste/atk/mag+ so she sounds like a good fit.

I don't know why I didn't think of trying my Ramuh party with Ingus instead of Galuf. I'm going to retry later today and see how it goes. In my brain it's a better fit. I have his Awakening, and his Chain. The chain may only be Gen1, but it should do.

Whelp, Golden Week notes dropped for FFRK [JP].

White(or Radiant/Prismatic) Odin to launch.

https://translate.google.com/transla...25EF%25BD%259E

Something to look forward to... I guess?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

shiva down via locke sync.

yeah....syncs good