+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Magic valefor down: edea chain/glint/aasb/arcane (didn't use lol) rinoa usb1/aasb/glint+ usb2(didnt use lol) with valigarmanda for final phase tornadoes and savage breaking+ black magic, squall sync/aasb/glint/arcane (used everything - sync to clear phase 1, prep aasb for phase 2 transition and killing off tornadoes, glint thrice for arcane to break savage once in final phase + kill tornadoes, elarra (usb1/aasb, mage support loadout), tyro (wrath/attack song, arbiters/divine veil/HEALING GRIMOIRE OH GOD I LOVE YOU)

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm thinking of trying Magic Valefor soon... not hopeful as I have no 6* magicite yet.

I have:

Rinoa Ice G+, AASB, bUSB, AOSB
    Edea Chain
    Eight Ice G+, Ice G, AASB, AOSB
    Maybe Ysayle? USB
    Or Reynn imperil USB (2 imperil on hit, 1 imperil chase every 2 black magic spells)

/shrug

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

First sub 30 6*. Success!

Spoiler: show

Shantotto only hit 4x cast once, but Ashe procced 3x regularly. So still some smoothness to work out. Garnet did do 30k/hit without enlightning and Ashe didnt use Arcane, so I still have some damage on the table.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have finally been able to down Leviathan. I wasn't able to complete more than one version, but I'll get my other three hopefully today. I'll be playing around with Ifrit after I get those.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Finally turned out a Magic-Leviathan win -- that is something I will never do again.

All Mag/Phy 6*s done.
    Alexander sounds like cake (have both of Spehs AWSBs, Golbez and Decil Sync/AWSBs, and multiple 2.0 chains)
    Diablos has lots of time to improve, but already have the tools.

I think it might be time to start considering the pending Neo Torments -- FF9 is my weakest realm, and not because I lack tools, the tools are just... weird.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How did everyone manage Berserk against Ifrit. Using a magic team btw.

Aerith, Elarra, Rydia, Meia, Strago.

Is it just a matter of holding back damage or forcing a phase shift between pillars appearing? Im deliberately trying to go slow and parse out Awakenings (Meia P1, Rydia P2, Strago P3) but that middle area in P2 always seems to hit me with Berserk.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    How did everyone manage Berserk against Ifrit. Using a magic team btw.

Aerith, Elarra, Rydia, Meia, Strago.

Is it just a matter of holding back damage or forcing a phase shift between pillars appearing? Im deliberately trying to go slow and parse out Awakenings (Meia P1, Rydia P2, Strago P3) but that middle area in P2 always seems to hit me with Berserk.
    The folks with the highest pain get berserked, so just make sure your WHM(s) have the highest pain - I went with Ellara and Aerith and they always seemed to have higher pain than the DDs because I spread out who killed the pyres.

Berserk hits them, but instantly wears off because of high mind.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    The folks with the highest pain get berserked, so just make sure your WHM(s) have the highest pain - I went with Ellara and Aerith and they always seemed to have higher pain than the DDs because I spread out who killed the pyres.

Berserk hits them, but instantly wears off because of high mind.
    How to put Pain on the white mages? Doesn't Ifrit only inflict the status when a pillar is killed?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    How to put Pain on the white mages? Doesn't Ifrit only inflict the status when a pillar is killed?
    The pillars inflict pain on the DDs, but the pillars pain is only last 4 seconds -- it wears off fast.

Ifrit though, uses Inferno Painflare (turn 8 is the first time) which gives everyone WITHOUT enwater (should only be your mages) +3 pain for 25 seconds (basically the entire fight).

the DDs pain should wear off fast (even if one of them needs to take out 2 pillars), but the WHMs should hold on to those 3 pain levels... the entire fight really... since Ifrit uses it again on turn 22.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Wow, everyone talking about how Alex is the easiest, and they were all able to sub-30 him on the first attempt...

wut?

first two attempts wiped my party on turn 3 laser... hitting for 10k+

took in two healers, stacked Seph, Decil, and Seifer -- managed to get to the +DEF/RES/MND mode when my damage from everyone was floored.. couldn't break 100 DMG let alone 30k to get him out of 'Holy Whatever Mode'... ended up getting insta-killed because of that...

guess I need more time to figure it out.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah. Need a fast cast wall. Either TGM or IC LM.

Running Seph and Edge (lol). Got stopped by the phase shift def buff as well. Going to try slow burning the first 30%, then waiting for debuff, then going ham.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Was able to get him to about 25% but my dark team runs out of steam. Specifically Seph. I think I may actually open the fight with Phoenix and just Elarra heal through everything do that I can just let Tyro pop his AASB. Seph is melting the HP with his USB2.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Christ, decided to install this after not playing for a couple of years. All the new systems added make my head hurt

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Welcome back (maybe?).
    First place to start is weekly event/conquest and then start storing Mythril from Realm dungeons.

What content were you at when you stopped and what's you're current stamina? Fest is in a couple of weeks so if you have a nice Mythril storage you pull all over the place.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've got 215 stamina, 156 mythril and I think I stopped playing when they first announced anima lens?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Oh man you're coming back at such a good time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, you're in a good spot. You have a good chunk of realm missions/record missions.

Save for fest, do whatever pulls you want there. RoP are starting and will continue until mid July. There's some free pulls/tickets being handed out during fest. The Lucky's leading up to Fest are 25 mythril so keep an eye out for them. There's also a pull two pick 1 AASB banner at fest as well. I think we're a month or two off from another Realm/Elemental draw update, but the first ones for all of those are 15 mythril, they're permanent so you can work on those whenever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are there any crazy meta characters to look out for upgrades? I was pretty happy when I saw that you can use some currency to buy specific weapons for some older SBs, can finally make some characters useful, lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Elarra and Tyro have some good tech. May want to pull on the Core Realm 15 mythril banner if you don't have anything for them.

Take a look at listings for SASB. Those are the latest and newest power creep abilities.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ifrit down. How do people Sub 30 this guy with the phase shifts - deliberate re-raise strats?

Phase 2 seems to be the largest sticking point, since P1 can be managed without a big damage push and P3 is a "Ifrit bleeds" phase. Once I figured out to sacrifice Strago or Rydia on P2 shift and then time Elarra Awakening to bring them back it was golden.

They really should have used the XIV model for this fight.