+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Got Magical Titan down using some Cloud Shenanigans to carry me through P1 and P2.

Cloud: Glint+, USB (enWind + follow up), USB (BDL), AASB, Sync
    Fujin: Glint, USB, CSB
    Mog: USB, USB, AASB
    Elarra: Glint, BSB, USB, USB, USB, AASB
    Alphinaud: Glint+, Glint, bUSB, AASB

After taking it down once, I swapped back to physical party got my other 3 copies. I just felt pity for him. Cloud tossing out 40-50k hits, Bartz doing pretty much 19,999 for the whole fight after popping both AASBs. It was just ridiculous.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Downed Valefor, but cant figure out how to sub 30 this mf'er even with loaded ice team. The tornado phase takes way too long.

Squall Awakening, Sync, Glint +, ASB, Record Ability
    Laguna Awakening, Chain, Glint +, USB1/2
    Celes Awakening, Chain, USB2, ASB

Approach has been for Celes to chain #1 around 9 seconds and then USB2. Squall + Laguna both then Glint + and Awakening to clear the tornado phase. Laguna then stops to rechain. Squall sync and then Celes Awakening after P2 tornado phase. Celes re-USB2's after the P3 diffusion. Best I can muster was 42 seconds. Tyro skips USB4 and just re-ups Godwall around the 15 second mark and then just feeds Elarra.

Celes is carrying Dispel, should I be bothering with that?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

for Pirian

Awesome, thanks!

Especially good to know that each level is refreshed as a new layer is added, or at least that's how I read that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Awesome, thanks!

Especially good to know that each level is refreshed as a new layer is added, or at least that's how I read that
    The en-element buff is refreshed, but multiple stacks will still expire along with empowered infusion's buff leaving you with just the 1 stack.

Wait, so each stack isn't even independent of the last? So, I put on lv1 at 0 seconds, then at 10 seconds I put on lv2, then 20 seconds I put on lv3. In this scenario, empowered infusion will end at second 25 despite putting another stack on at second 20? But regular infusion will persist until second 45, an additional 25 seconds after the last level was put on?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If I'm understanding it correctly:

empowered infusion, if only applied once has a set duration so if you apply infusion, when the empower infusion wears you'll drop to level 1; however, If you apply another empowered infusion before the first expires, it resets the duration.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Wait, so each stack isn't even independent of the last? So, I put on lv1 at 0 seconds, then at 10 seconds I put on lv2, then 20 seconds I put on lv3. In this scenario, empowered infusion will end at second 25 despite putting another stack on at second 20? But regular infusion will persist until second 45, an additional 25 seconds after the last level was put on?
    Each stack is only independent as long as the Empowered buff lasts. You can's use 3 instances of an En-element and end up with 3 stacks of it - that will only reset the buff duration of your single En-element.

If Empowered is in effect for an infinite duration, then yes each stack of en element has its own timer and is independent. If you are at Lvl 3 and your Empowered status runs out, you will drop back to Level 1 En-Element with however long remaining since you last used the En-element status.

It is generous in that Glints and SB's apply the Empowered effect first and then En-element right after. So if you have a materia that starts you out with En-Ice, and then use a Glint for Empowered, you are brought right up to Lvl 2 En-Ice which will last 25 seconds. 10 seconds later, you use a USB that grants En-Ice; this will bring you to Lvl 3 En-Ice for a new 25 seconds.

15 seconds into that refreshed 25 second timer, Empowered runs out. This then drops you to Lvl 1 En-Ice for the remaining 10 seconds since you last cast that USB.

So lv of empowerment can increase through regular enElement as long as they have an empowered infusion, and you can move to lv2 empowered from just regular infusion as long as your lv2 source comes from one that says "empowered infusion"? Interesting

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Then you have oddball ones Kiros and Ward USBs. While not being Empowered Infusions, they have a special [attach element with stacking] modifier.

Yeah that is much more straight forward because it's a different buff/effect entirely

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

finally got ramuh down yesterday, re-clears were a lot easier compared to titan since timing didn't feel nearly as strict. first fight where i swapped elarra for aeris in ages since i had to abuse last stand, which slowed things down considerably for phase 1 since i had to open with DVG. tyro built up enough bar to cast AASB after that, then spent the rest of the fight entrusting aeris. having init-enearth on all 3 of my DPS (tifa/machina/dorgann) and G+ for two of them trivialized the rest though, started unloading everyone's bars in phase 2 and he melted pretty quickly.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Vaelfor down first try. So unoptimized. Fucked up the Shiva summons. I also hate that there are so many diffusions in that fight.

Finally finished up the last of the Odin's (minus poison, but no reward for that so shucks to it). Now just 5 more 6* elements lol

BG Level

Finally tried Valefor and beat it yesterday

setup was

Squall BUSB, USB2, AOSB, Sync. Iceclaw + HA
    Tyro. DVG,SG, USB4, woke. Wrath + Entrust
    Laguna : Chain, USB? (Ragnarok), Woke, AOSB : 5* Ice Machinist + Frost Offering
    Elarra : USB1, BSB : Curada + Dispel
    Ward : USB, Woke, Ruby Bombshell and Ice Bullet

P1, was mostly like this

Squall Iceclaw until 2 bars. (when chain was up, used USb2 + BUSB then 1 Ice claw then BUSB Lv3
    Tyro was mostly to give bars and used DVG at start
    Laguna was mostly using Imperill when it was high enough used the 5* Ice machinist, used Chain. + USB
    Ellara mostly heal
    Ward, Ruby and Ice until USB

My goal was to make at around 76% use Laguna AASB and Ward AASB to push into P2
    Tyro used USB4 at P2 for Haste

Laguna used 5* ice on 1 tornado, and ward Ice bullet on the other once while Squall used HA

Was able to kill 4

As soon as Valefor Came back, Squall used USB2, then Sync when Ice diffusion went
    Recast SG, Chain
    Ellara used USB1 then Dispel then USB1 again
    Ward used USB then ice bullet again

Squall dropped Valefor really had. With USb2 and Sync, he was doing 1-2 Sync commands then Iceclaw, then USb2 charge (for more then 10k) and each 2 turn used a 99 999 hit from Sync
    P3 dropped her Rage as most as I can then used Laguna + Squall AOSB when sync was down to kill it

Now to do it 3 times

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Congrats!

Finished all 18 Gilgamesh fights. Ready for Fest HAs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm at 11/17 Gilgamesh fights, struggling with a couple more, but I'm in no rush. I got the 9 I wanted.

BG Level

Missing 1, 2, 3, 13, 14 + core. Meh good enough.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I'm down to 12, 14 T, and T0.

I thought T0 would be easy with Cinque AASB, but the entire team seems quite slow.
    I haven't tried T yet, but I may be able to whip something up for that.

14, and 12 are two of my weakest realms so they may be unfinished until Gilgamesh returns.
    I was skeptical I'd get the 9 I needed, so getting this many is pretty great.

BG Level

Finally done with all 4 valefor

Diabolos left, but im not sure if I have the stuff lol