+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Finally done with all 4 valefor

Diabolos left, but im not sure if I have the stuff lol
    Just remember, once you've beaten them with a mage or physical team then it's time to put together an opposite team! You get the full rewards again

With both syncs on both, and finally finished with full magia, I took Edge and Tidus to Ifrit to finally finish out the physical side of that fight. I forgot about berserk so my win was ~20 seconds longer than it needed to be, but oh well at least I'm done with that stupid fight for good now.

Not sure what I want to move onto next, but Edge sync opens up a lot of possibilities where I had 1 solid DD on either magic or physical but not enough to bring it home. I don't have both physical and magical chains on all of his coverage so I might be limited there because the gap between his attack and magic is close enough for the buff to matter and screw up hybrid, but for those I might be able to get away with the free chain. To make up for dmg for physical, I can crit it up with Tyro's USB(3?)+AASB, and for magic I can bring in Edward for his AASB's double cast songs to get mage buff up quickly (also it buffs on entry). I will probably finally start pumping out some artifact daggers to really optimize Edge, as well. I've made a few here and there for special cases where I lacked good options, but this is a pretty good excuse and I'm sitting on 60+ artifacts and ~2.5k rainbows anyways. I do have options, and as I started with, I'm not really sure what I want to start with.

Ramuh is proving too much, or I am completely missing the strategy (entirely possible) so I shifted focus back to Shiva for a bit. After failing some more with the physical side, I figured I would give magical another try because I did get Krile's AASB, glint, and Vivi's LOSB. I didn't try this side as much because I didn't have a great option for chain with Auron being the only real option. I do have 4 strong magic DPS, and I don't need to dedicate a slot for support like I need with physical. So the party looked like this:

Elarra AASB/USB1/BSB/GSB+, Moto/Ultra cure
    Edge SySB/USB2, HA/Stitch
    Terra AASB/AOSB/USB1, HA/Dispel
    Vivi AASB/AOSB/GSB/LOSB, Chain Firaja
    Krile AASB/BSB(2? Imperil one)/GSB/GSB+, Meltdown

I brought both Elarra's BSB and Edge's USB2 for another source of LS but it ended up not being needed. I was reading something about how Shiva's link attacks with the ice are actually inverse of what you might think - healing-linked attacks go up and damage-linked attacks go down when the number of ice is at 3, and it's really only relevant at all if you can't do damage quick enough. With that in mind, I ignored them entirely and focused on attack attack attack. The opening sequence was largely the same, but then each fight played out a little differently from there. Opening was: save to 1.5~ bars on DPS, then with Vivi/Krile fire off GSB>AASB, have Edge do Ifrit>Chain RW>Sync, and Terra wakes up Elarra in slot 1, shoots off 1 more HA charges and then sits and waits to dispel Shiva after she buffs herself when the first ice spawn, which happens fairly quickly with the three of them going. At this point, damage is going quickly enough to skip most of Shiva's annoying attacks. After the 2nd wave of ice starts and diffusion hits, I'll do another round of GSB on Vivi/Krile and now AASB on Terra. Somewhere in this wave and before the chain ends I'll fire off Vivi LOSB, and if I can then I'll fire off his AOSB as well but I usually can't get it in before the 3rd wave diffusion. I'll have to start the next round of chain at some point here and her last pierce hit on HA is the MVP to drill through rage and let Edge continue doing the main damage. Terra refreshes enFire with USB1 and finishes out damage for the fight as Edge Sync typically ends around the 35 second mark. When his AASB ends, Vivi continues to firaja and GSB as necessary. Krile uses imperil BSB as she has bars and doesn't worry about enfire once her AASB ends.

Variation happens in the middle where sometimes DPS is slow if I get 0 or very few double procs and so Shiva will get off her Stop. Not much to do there except wait for it to wear off. That did cause a reset when it caught Terra putting up round 2 chain. First win was 46 seconds, last win was 36. Glad to be done here!

Now I'm set up for Valefor or Ramuh, but I understand they are considered the hardest. I'm set up fairly well for Valefor so with Ramuh not going well I think I'll try that one but I hate dealing with slowga. Between Squall's HA, and Ayame's AoE samurai abilities (and possibly Celes's HA if I spring for it), I'm hoping this won't be so bad but who knows. No syncs here, and no Laguna AASB. I do have Celes AASB and CSB2, and I have Sazh's AASB that gives a boost to physical dmg and double mechanist, so I'm hoping this combo will fill the more common Laguna/Tyro combo on physical teams. I will likely run Elarra with crit song as well, so hopefully the damage is there. My biggest worry with this fight is simply that you can't damage Vale as he's doing tornadoes, which eats into very valuable AASB time. I have both Squall's AASB's, so I can possibly do that combo but timing is tough and you really only get ~10 seconds of triple/quad cast. I also don't see how much HP the tornadoes have, so I don't know if it's realistic to expect to be able to take out a wave/multiple waves with 1 character turn of 19,999x5x2.

Finally got Vale down after a lot of tweaking (both me and the team). First kill at 50 seconds isn't impressive with the tools I have but those gusts really slow down damage. The end was a bit close so we'll see how the next 2 fights go. Only Ramuh left for the 6 elements, though I may hold off on him and try for alex/diablos. I have so many holy/dark tools and though I haven't been successful so far, they've kind of been lower on my priority and I've not tried hard.

Rem sync should go a long way for dark, but my initial attempts had damage just not happening quickly enough. I don't have her AASB for the real magic to happen, and the rest of my mage crew is weak. I have Rydia AASB and while I have no enHoly for her, she gets the higher threshold dmg from summons and I can also pick up her GSB which grants summon dmg+. I just picked up Arc's AASB, so maybe he'll be able to push me over. I'm missing imperil but Arc's AASB intro gives 2, and holy has that spell that gives 10% for every 2nd, so maybe that'll be enough

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

People on the Discord have heard all this already, but I've been able to down AOdin Wind Weak! 7 times at that.

After struggling for a while, I took a look my magicite deck and made some adjustments that really seemed to be the catalyst to my clear. I also found a setup on reddit that really helped me sort out my opening turns to survive the opening attacks. I also got Elarra G+ on a 15 Mythril Core pull a week or two ago.

Cloud - G+, USB(bdl), AASB1, Sync1
    Faris - G+, USB(imperil), bUSB, CSB
    Bartz - G+, Unique(enWind), USB(osb follow up), AASB2, AASB1
    Tyro - Sentinel, AASB
    Elarra - G+, BSB, USB, AASB

Magicite: Valefor(empower windx2), Titan(hp boonx2), Typhon(deadly strikes x2), Madeen(blade ward, spell ward, attack boon, hp boon)

I'm pretty pleased with the results. I only want one more before moving onto Physical Earth Weak and Magical Earth Weak.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Hands together for Van and Rata, who tackled the hardest content in the game to date

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thank you very much.
    I'm pretty pleased about it. Now if I can get a couple of earth weak clears I'll be set for the next release.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hmm, I think I have missed something (quelle surprise), is there a point to beating the same element of Dark Odin multiple times? I've taken down water and earth thus far and am currently grinding a little magia for a fire team, trying to knock him out for the 5 multiresist accessories before I get "serious" on the 6* magicites.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well each type/each element appears to have a WOdin Accessory and an Artifact Armor/Dagger.

So 4 WOdin Accessories (500HP/moderate resist all), 4 Daggers(elemental boost/ATK+/MAG+), and 4 Gauntlets (elemental boost/ATK+ OR MAG+).

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

ok, so need to beat each element of Odin, but only need to do it once per element, whilst with magicite you need to build a deck like with the 5* earlier?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can only carry one Odin in your deck, but you'll have an Odin that's Physical based and one Magical based so you'll essentially want two 99s (one for each type) to use in your 6*/Odin battles.

The count for these is a total of 10 clears.

1 Physical, 1 Magical
    6 for level cap breaking
    1 for Argent Earth Blessing
    1 for Argent Wind Blessing

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

apologies for the potentially silly questions, is there a 2nd round of Odin later on after the d500 one? I don't seem to have gotten any Odin magicite, and i am a very very filthy casual so I am not quite abreast of things (old age..)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

no problem.
    Going forward, outside of the clear rewards, you'll want 2 clears of each element to inherit the Ardent/Sagacious Blessing onto your existing 99 Odins, so you can get away with just clearing each element twice if you're not worried about the extra rewards.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I have a lot of tinkering to do it seems, thank you for your answers!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

to clarify, the multiple clears only applies to argent odin which is the d600 fight. dark odin is d500 and those you only need to clear once per element, up to 5 for a full set of accessories and then the rest just for the extra clear rewards.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

d600 would explain why I struggled to make heads or tails of it, thank you for the confirmation
    (wapping up the d500 is more than enough for me for the time being :D)

Taking a break on Ramuh because ugh fuck that fight is annoying. Maria's sync and AASB aren't enough enough to push through it.

Started on Diabolos/Alex with initial success. I thought Alex would be easy first because I have a fairly strong dark mage team (don't have Seph toys), but after a first few failures I realized I didn't have a great way to do 30k+ in the first phase so I turned my attention to Diabolos. I thought the dream mechanic would be a pain in the ass, but phase 1 was easy to deal with, and then phase 2 and 3 weren't an issue. Once the rift appeared, I kept everyone in dream mode, killed the rift once, then went to town.

My setup was:
    Ceodore CSB/AASB/AOSB, never got to use AOSB
    Elarra AASB/USB1/USB2/GSB+
    TGC AASB/AOSB/USB1, has HA
    Tyro AASB/crit USB/Esuna GSB, didn't use GSB
    Lightning AASB1/AASB2/GSB+(holy)/USB?(holy), has HA

TGC with his AASB took care of phase 1 damage while the rest built meter. Lightning gave an initial USB in phase 1 to give a bit more additional dmg, as well as Fast Act from the follow up. She needed 2 bars to start phase 2 but had more than enough. With phase 2 starting, I start the Lightning machine with AASB1>GSB+>AASB2, and she just churns through him with her 3-4 Blaze Rush per turn. In phase 2 it's kind of iffy if it'll hit the max 29,999, but by Phase 3 she is capping out virtually every hit. I had only anticipated 2 diffusions but he ended up hitting me with 3 here, so after the phase 3 diffusion I needed to recast her USB but at this point Elarra had tons of bars from Tyro entrusting so I had the Fast Act from her USB1. Ceodore takes it slow and steady with healing Smite, then when he recasts CSB for phase 2 I then follow it up with his AASB. He took care of the rift transition, but with Lightning plugging away with her 3-4 x6 x29,999 per round, his damage wasn't necessary.

I think in subsequent runs I'll swap out Tyro for Ignis BSB. The crit fixing really screws over TGC, and it turned out that I didn't need Ceodores dmg at all, so having Ignis able to just focus on fixing Lightning and taking her turns, I think it'll be even smoother. I'll still have Elarra to give the 50% crit boost to the rest of the party, or I can try and juggle Ignis at the start since he doesn't need to do anything for her at that point.

Once Dia is at 99 I'll hopefully be able to use him to take care of Alex in phase one

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, 1/2 Physical Lightning Weak AOdin. I'm having a little trouble duplicating my clear for my secondary inherit.

This is the first time I've cleared a new high end battle on launch night, let alone within an hour of launching

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Lightning physical down too!

I still need to find a magic kill and earth weak kill

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Took me a lot of times to clear Water Odin because I had to pause and break in between so much. Man what a tough one. It's pretty much Wind Odin without Cloud and Zidane to steamroll. Fire is next, so I don't think it'll be as rough.