+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sub 30 hydra - butz bssb3/usb (LD) , dingus bssb, shelke and OK entrusters, noctis (LD). Not sure it was wise of me to LD noctis with ssb only but he sure is nice. And that's about the end of my sub 30 capabilities unless I make a ton of ninja water and wind skills, or somehow get more firepower for fenrir.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What do you guys do with all the 1* magicite? Take one of each to 99 and sell the rest?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    What do you guys do with all the 1* magicite? Take one of each to 99 and sell the rest?
    I've nuked all of them. They cap too low.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I cap one then get rid of the rest pretty much. any extra +empower is nice.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

member of the 15/15 club, sad thing is I can 100% do these but between my busy schedule and then getting hit with Irma and now the aftermath of trying to get internet like that one south park episode (the grapes of wrath parody with internet), i'm pretty much SOL on being able to do this and the IV event.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Oh no, hopefully everything is okay!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Finally got a WiFi connection to download data for FFIV and ice magicite (used up hi-speed data long ago so my phones data is too slow to download FFRK data).

Down to 14/15 keystones and got my first sub 1 min Sealion!

Setup:
    Steiner 99: Lifesiphon R5 | Blazing Twin strike R3 | Truthseeker | OSB | FF10 armlet fire+
    Refia 99: Lifesiphon R5 | Fire Within R2 | Refia 99 RM | BSB | Lann ranged fire+ and Refia Armlet fire+
    Ramza 99: Wrath R5 | Entrust R3 | Dr. Mog's Teachings | Shout
    Porom 99: Shellga R2 | Curaja R5 | Mako Might | Twin Star
    Y'shtola 99 Legend Dived: Wrath R5 | Curada R2 | Ace Striker | BSB.

Only changes would be Protectga instead of shellga and I could eek out more DMG on Steiner once he masters OSB. He was doing 76k crits with OSB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished my first magicite last night - cleared Liquid Flame a few times. Just over 1 minute in clear time.

Tidus - OSB (Powerchain and Lifesiphon)
    Bartz - USB + BSB2 (Engulfing Twinstrike and Lifesiphon) + Fully Dived
    Ramza - Shout (Affliction Break and Wrath)
    Yshtola - BSB (Shellga and Ultra Cure) + Fully Dived
    Rikku - Imperil BSB (Def Breakdown Dance and Hydroburst)

I also have Paine's BSB which I originally used before switching over to Rikku. They do comparable damage when considering Rikku's imperil. Paine was hitting ~1.5k on commands and Rikku about 1k/hit, but that 20+% extra water damage helped Tidus crack ~40k per OSB use. I essentially used skills hoping for good procs on Bartz spellblade use until he got to 2 SB bars and then used his USB + BSB. Rikku would use her BSB when it was up, and Tidus waited until 3 SB bars were full to powerchain 3 OSB's and hope that a 4th would be ready by the time they were all spent.

Is it smarter to farm 1 up to full then move on? Just trying to find the most efficient way to approach these since at 60 stamina a pop they can get pretty consuming if you still want to farm a daily here and there.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Debatable. Some just farm until they get all the 3* magicite to triple break. I do a rotation so I can remember what I did previous runs and don't get rusty. Though I make it difficult on myself going counter clockwise as opposed to following the weakness chain. I don't know why I do that to myself.

Also some people have been banking their weekly mission magicite by not collecting them. They can accumulate and will not count to your max 15 keystones. I started doing that and doing 1 clear a day, then do additional clears on Monday because I don't need earth/fire orbs. Be a bit difficult balancing stam usage during orbfest while doing events/magicite/torments.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Almost finished with Sea Lion (thank god); only need 1 more Sea Lion to have triple break all 3* ice magicite.

Switched to Fenrir for now and am getting 1:04~7 clears. Pretty sure I can sub 1 if I switch to an ice mage team, but all of them aren't max leveled yet.

Setup:
    Steiner 99: Lifesiphon R5 | Snowspell Strike R2 | OSB | Truthseeker
    Snow 99: Lifesiphon R5 | Banishing Strike R4 | BSB | Tyro 99 RM | Snow Coat Ice+
    Ramza 99: Wrath R5 | Entrust R3 | Shout | Mako Might
    Porom 99: Protectga R2 | Haste R5 | Twin Star | Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Y'shtola 99 Legend Dived: Wrath R5 | Curada R2 | BSB | Ace Striker

Would switch Porom with Sazh with BSB in order to give more OSB to Steiner but gotta get him to 99.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well with bismarck farm slowly coming to a close I tried out lightning A team on fenrir and managed to get it down sub 30; still sucks to farm (and sucks to be ayame) but its pretty low variance, if not low cost (lightning usb/osb; shantotto csb/bssb; OK bssb; shelkentruster; relm usb with bounty hunter RM). Everyone builds for 15 seconds then go face. Only power spikes remaining would be diving relm or shelke. I'm pretty happy though because while I can't sub 30 golem or living flame barring massive investments, I also don't care too much about earth and fire orbs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got my first sub 1min Liquid Flame last night, and only 1 Mom Bomb and Liquid Flame away from having full magicite.

Should I do Ice next (Locke, Yda, and Krile BSB, fire magicites) or start working on Fenrir for Enkidu (Edea and Snow BSB)?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Well with bismarck farm slowly coming to a close I tried out lightning A team on fenrir and managed to get it down sub 30; still sucks to farm (and sucks to be ayame) but its pretty low variance, if not low cost (lightning usb/osb; shantotto csb/bssb; OK bssb; shelkentruster; relm usb with bounty hunter RM). Everyone builds for 15 seconds then go face. Only power spikes remaining would be diving relm or shelke. I'm pretty happy though because while I can't sub 30 golem or living flame barring massive investments, I also don't care too much about earth and fire orbs.
    O wow. I wonder if I'd be able to do Fenrir with something like:

Lightning: USB/BSB2/LMR/Full Dived
    Y'shtola: BSB/SSB/Full Dived
    Ramza: USB/Chant
    Edge: SSB2 - Can slot him with some ghetto ninja magic.
    Tyro: Wall/Osboostga - He's mainly my entruster, that way Ramza isn't doing too much.

My clear times on Bismarck are ~:41-:44.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Got my first sub 1min Liquid Flame last night, and only 1 Mom Bomb and Liquid Flame away from having full magicite.

Should I do Ice next (Locke, Yda, and Krile BSB, fire magicites) or start working on Fenrir for Enkidu (Edea and Snow BSB)?
    For fenrir, I just buffed Lulu and let her go to town. Two 30% mag buffs, usb/bsb. Used wendigo for ice dmg buff. She was hitting 8-8.5k/hit on commands. Other four slots were healing/support.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    O wow. I wonder if I'd be able to do Fenrir with something like:

Lightning: USB/BSB2/LMR/Full Dived
    Y'shtola: BSB/SSB/Full Dived
    Ramza: USB/Chant
    Edge: SSB2 - Can slot him with some ghetto ninja magic.
    Tyro: Wall/Osboostga - He's mainly my entruster, that way Ramza isn't doing too much.
    Hard for me to say because chain soul break warps my idea of the fight - it's a huge damage spike (like 30-40%+) when my osb spam begins. Although going from 70 on fenrir (assuming a stack of hydra cite)->90 is similar, if on the lower end, so maybe. Does your za have shout, I don't think your setup has a hastega? Chant isn't worth using without a critfixer. Tyro is just worse at entrusting than shelke even without her LD up. And I hate bringing pure healing to cites - do you have any mixed heals?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Managed to put Fenrir on farm status and already got enough copies of Enkidu to max LB. Bringing Noctis over Snow helped me go from 1:07 clears to 42-50 clears.

Setup:
    Steiner 99: Lifesiphon R5 | Snowspell Strike R2 | OSB | Truthseeker and snow bsb ice+ armor.
    Noctis 99 Legend Dived: Lifesiphon R5 x2 | SSB | Ace Striker
    Ramza 99 Legend Dived: Wrath R5 | Entrust R2 | Shout | Mako Might
    Sazh 99: Wrath R5 | Entrust R3 | BSB | Battle forged
    Y'shtola 99 Legend Dived: Protectga R2 | Haste R5 | BSB | Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Ice Magicites all 3* lvl 65 + 2x 2* lvl 65

Steiner was able to do 60k (68-70 with magicite imperil Ice) and Noctis allows him to quickly spam OSB.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Hard for me to say because chain soul break warps my idea of the fight - it's a huge damage spike (like 30-40%+) when my osb spam begins. Although going from 70 on fenrir (assuming a stack of hydra cite)->90 is similar, if on the lower end, so maybe. Does your za have shout, I don't think your setup has a hastega? Chant isn't worth using without a critfixer. Tyro is just worse at entrusting than shelke even without her LD up. And I hate bringing pure healing to cites - do you have any mixed heals?
    Edge SSB2 is Hastega+Last Stand. I unfortunately don't have shout, so I just USB ~20-25s or so on Ramza, and general start spamming it at the end for the instant casts. I'm probably going to be taking OK BSB on the gem select banner since I still don't have a hastega+boostga on one character yet, and having them split between 2 characters sucks. The Ramza BSB2 banner will hopefully be kind.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Finished with bismarck...onto the less fun magicites for me!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Edge SSB2 is Hastega+Last Stand. I unfortunately don't have shout, so I just USB ~20-25s or so on Ramza, and general start spamming it at the end for the instant casts. I'm probably going to be taking OK BSB on the gem select banner since I still don't have a hastega+boostga on one character yet, and having them split between 2 characters sucks. The Ramza BSB2 banner will hopefully be kind.
    Yeah, having to double up with the hastega and boostga is a pain. History's Truth is a fantastic boostga but it means you need to use another 1 bar start RM on a hastega which means less material for the entruster to work with.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Done with LF, and started to try Sealion last night.

Only seem able to get it down to around 50% before shit hits the fan. Bringing both shell and protect, but my magical fire ability is overshadowed by physical. Maybe the issue was I was trying to fit both en-fire BSB users in (Krile and Auron) instead of focusing on utility.

Physical Options: Celes (SSB), Locke (BSB), Yda (BSB), Auron (BSB), Bartz (USB)
    Magic Options: OK (BSB), Krile (Sheepmode and BSB), Shantotto (BSB)

I see a lot of clears with a magic team, but my Faithga options are limited to fire users (Krile) or people I can't use offensively for the fight (Cid Raines). I could bring someone like Mog (BSB) or Serah (SSB) for a stacking faithga, but they would then be hone reliant on Firaja/Meltdown or just be there for additional heals.

Physical Setup:
    Celes
    Yda
    Auron
    Ramza
    Yshtola

Magic Setup:
    Krile
    OK
    Mog
    Yshtola
    Shantotto

Would Krile and Shantotto be enough offense with their BSB's to clear? Meltdown and Chain Firaga are both R3.

Also, Mom Bomb or Liquid Flame magicite?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast