+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I managed to get Isgebind down to 5%, and Tiamat ~20% after revising my strategy. Isgebind would have been a win, but I may have fucked up. Not a big deal. Tiamat was a lot of good RNG, lol. I tried the no healer Raijin strategy, but besides Squall, Ayame can't put out DPS fast enough. Maybe if I dive Edea, but I'm reluctant to do so since her dive is kind of mehhh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got tired of farming Kraken and his RNG spam shenanigans so I went for Isgebind and... well... much easier. I'm using Refia, Ace, Edge, Y'shtola and OK. Everyone dived to full except for Edge but the key here is the blink spam. Edge with his SSB and Ace with BSB (both instant cast with physical blink on entry). It's not a sub 30 but a consistent clear at least :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got my first Isgebind clear. Not the best time, (1:00.56). And only got expert, but I'm sure I'll master it in time.

Bartz, Refia and OK have Fire DMG+20% from gear. Bartz and Refia both have throwing weapons, Fujin OSB and Edea USB.

Bartz: USB/LMR/LD - Blazing Quadstrike R3 + Fira Strike R4 - RM: Heightened Senses (Throwing DMG+)
    Refia: BSB - Fires Within R2 + Lifesiphon - RM: Scholar's Boon
    OK: BSB/pUSB/LMR - Smoldering Fire R3 + Fire Veil R4 - RM: Mako Might
    Selphie: USB - Curada + Ultra Cure - RM: Gathering Storm
    Larsa: BSB - Curaja + Protectga - RM: Dr. Mog's Teachings

Magicite (All Lv. 99):
    Main: Mom Bomb
    Subs: Mom Bomb, Salamander, Unicorn, Enlil

First time I got to use Selphie, since I started the game. She did well. I'm not sure if chaning out OK's NIN magic for wrath/entrust to feed bar into Refia to spam BSB would be better than NIN spam. Her BSB with enfire hit's decently. I can probably make this a lot easier on myself by just diving Papalymo, but I really don't want to if I don't have to. I don't really use mages all too often, except for some things.

Anyway, 3 down, 3 to go. Tiamat, Maralith and Midgardsormr left.

EDIT: 2nd round I switched Larsa with Iris. No one died, sub 60 (:57.43) and mastered. Woohoo.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I finally got Tiamat figured out.

Spoiler: show

Kill Screen:

Setup:

SBs used:

OK: mUSB
    Rinoa: CSB, BSB2
    Shantotto: USB
    Garnet: SSB2 - +30% mag/def and 3K hp stock
    Rosa: USB

I tried a bunch of different healing setups and finally settled on Rosa since I can blink most of the twisters and then use her USB heal up through the jet flares. I would imagine a source of p-blink that you can build with wrath or LS would be just as good since jet flare is much harder to mitigate than twister

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So i'm close to getting ready to do Bismark now, but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. I only have one person with any lightning soul breaks, and that's Kain with his Ultra and Burst. Wondering how a party with Ramza with entrust bot/shout to feed kain, and just using Squall and maybe Cloud since I have both dived and Cloud's Ultra just going Ham would work.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Cloud Ultra with Thundering Quadstrike and Kain with no delay Thunder Dive would wreck pretty hard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    So i'm close to getting ready to do Bismark now, but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. I only have one person with any lightning soul breaks, and that's Kain with his Ultra and Burst. Wondering how a party with Ramza with entrust bot/shout to feed kain, and just using Squall and maybe Cloud since I have both dived and Cloud's Ultra just going Ham would work.
    Should be a cinch with two strong ultras.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Didn't actually think I could sub 30 it but 28.76 tiamat with no chain. Admittedly ayame bssb and squall bssb2 (and relm usb carrying them on her back) kind of make up for it...but I don't have any ice gear up except icebrand 3 star!

That just leaves ixion (going to wait for the earth ninja skill to drop for edge, unless I get impatient) and midgardsomr (waiting for next set of dex motes to get zidane LD'd for usb fun times).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Didn't actually think I could sub 30 it but 28.76 tiamat with no chain. Admittedly ayame bssb and squall bssb2 (and relm usb carrying them on her back) kind of make up for it...but I don't have any ice gear up except icebrand 3 star!

That just leaves ixion (going to wait for the earth ninja skill to drop for edge, unless I get impatient) and midgardsomr (waiting for next set of dex motes to get zidane LD'd for usb fun times).
    Is your Ayame dived? Who were the other 2 characters?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Is your Ayame dived? Who were the other 2 characters?
    Ayame bssb LD, squall bssb2 LMR LD (snowstorm strike spam)
    OK ninja USB (no dive), shelke (LD) - wrathtrusting only (ran out of entrust on shelke so need to take it to r3)
    relm (no dive) - I had some mix of fire resist armor on I think squall and OK? wind resist accessories for everyone

Magicites were isgebind marilith king bomb (lol) at 99, then liquid flame with wendigo on main
    Will get much easier when library of guidance comes around and they have a selectable ice damage up armor...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

RNG is just screwing me over right now. I've killed tiamat 10 times and I've gotten 7 Sylphs. That's a week of farming down the drain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I gave up and set up ffrkreeper. It's just too much of a pain to not target what I need.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I gave up and set up ffrkreeper. It's just too much of a pain to not target what I need.
    Did they finally fix it? The last time I used it, it was slow and buggy.

I also can't get ffrkompanion to work with my new Wi-Fi router. It worked with my old one but now when I setup the proxy it just hangs and FFRK never loads

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ire_inventory/

This is what I've used for Torments and Magicites since ~August or so. It works wonderfully and is very fast.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And midgardsomr down. Turns out vaan usb is preeeettty good (rip my wind orbs though).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finally got Tiamat down, after trying a billion different setups. Fuck that dragon.

Squall: USB/BSB2/LD - SSS + Lifesiphon - RM: Truthseeker
    OK: pUSB/BSB/LMR - Wrath + Protectga - RM: MM
    Ramza: USB/BSB1/Chant - Entrust + Wrath - RM: Ace Striker
    Raijin: SSB - Lifesiphon x2 - RM: DMT
    Y'shtola: BSB/SSB/LD - Curada + Shellga - RM: Gathering Storm

Magicites:
    Main: Wendigo Lv. 99
    Subs: Wendigo Lv. 99, Isgebind Lv. 89, Gizmaluke Lv. 96, Krysta Lv. 89

OK shuffles between pUSB and BSB incase Tiamat absorbs STR from Squall. Ramza does USB > BSB1. BSB1 is for the +100% defense boost. USB has 30% defense boost. Both together really help mitigate the damage from the Jet Fires. Raijin lifesiphons until ~65% mark, then stops doing anything. Ramza entrusts him incase last stand is needed.

This fight is so stupid with the damage output from the boss and being dual elemental. 5/6 down. Only need to beat Earth, which I should be able to do.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh hell yeah i can actually replicate that. i'm almost done with isgebind, just need one more krysta to drop and i can rotate to wind. been absolutely dreading that fight though.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Havent really touched magicites in a while, months of pulls and leveling and some team prep got me back into it...

I see tier4 are out now, however still working on tier3. Did they nerf 3 when 4 was released?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Raijin and two entrusters AND ysh? That looks really slow...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    Havent really touched magicites in a while, months of pulls and leveling and some team prep got me back into it...

I see tier4 are out now, however still working on tier3. Did they nerf 3 when 4 was released?
    They're all the same. With four hit 5 star skills though they should be a cinch.