+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Im regretting my previous comments about being generally good without needing to run excess magicite fights for 3*'s that are not dropping.

Golem made me go an extra 8 rounds before my last 3* dropped, and after 18 runs of Hydra I have only 1 Enlil.

But my run of 20 is done for the month! Hit 250 mythril again just in time for Agrias "Do it for her" banner.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm reading reports that Mist Dragon now counters magicite skills while in mist form. Anyone able to confirm?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I'm reading reports that Mist Dragon now counters magicite skills while in mist form. Anyone able to confirm?
    Tested for fun and confirmed it now counters magicite

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Someone mentioned on Reddit that the uncounterable status on magicite skills got removed with update, so magicite skills can now be countered by everything, so unintended bug with update.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not going to be able to finish the 20 magicite s for the extra 3 mythril from cid missions. Can’t bring myself to do these anymore they feel so pointless.

BG Level

Last Kirin refuse to drop

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Not going to be able to finish the 20 magicite s for the extra 3 mythril from cid missions. Can’t bring myself to do these anymore they feel so pointless.
    But the major orbs!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Eh, don't care enough to create the abilities and learn the battery strat to get to under 30 seconds. Probably could for a few of them, but eh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Post update for hits and soul break gain though they aren't too bad - you dont need a ton of abilities or batteries. And with the right soul breaks you can go off element to save hones if you need to on some of the magicites.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Managed to sub 30 my first magicite. How fitting that it was also the 1st magicite that I ever attempted.
    Pics in Spoiler
    Spoiler: show

Lightning: USB/BSB2
    Y'shtola: SSB/BSB
    Faris: SSB/USB1 -- Entrust bot only, since her speed is higher than Ramza/Tyro.
    Noctis: SSB
    OK: BSB

Was my first time trying to sub 30 it. I didn't want the orbs, just wanted to see if I could. If only I could do the others \o/

Also, managed to sub 30 Fenrir, after about an hour of trying. My normal setup that gets ~44-46s is:
    Rainest - Dived
    Y'shtola - Dived
    Bartz - USB/BSB2/BSB3/SSB/LMR-Dived
    OK - BSB
    Edea - USB/BSB

Decided to completely change it, and got rid of all mages for Bartz and Ayame, but I couldn't break past 32/33s. So, changed it again, and after a few tries, was getting ~32s every time. Turns out, I had to drop wall and use Fabula Raider instead.

I'm sure I can get much better times, especially if I dive Noctis, but I'm really reluctant to, given I only have his SSB (I know it's his best). 2/8 down. Mist Dragon I think I'll be able to get once I level Shadow Dragon up to Lv. 80. I keep hovering ~32-35 on him, and I think the imperil dark will push me over the edge for a sub 30. Hydra/Golem/Shadow Dragon aren't going to be anywhere close to sub 30 I think. Maybe Living Flame once I get a BSB1/BSB2 Tidus up and running, but not sure. I whiffed on FFX.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dive Noctis if you're using him for sub-30, trust me you won't regret a single mote. His SSB is nuts for these setups and his LM2 will get you there much faster. I know "Begins battle with Haste and 3 turns of IC" doesn't seem like a big deal but it really is in these scenarios. He basically gets 3-4 turns before your Hastega even goes off (unless you're using Ramza with LMR) and that makes a huge difference.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Dive Noctis if you're using him for sub-30, trust me you won't regret a single mote. His SSB is nuts for these setups and his LM2 will get you there much faster. I know "Begins battle with Haste and 3 turns of IC" doesn't seem like a big deal but it really is in these scenarios. He basically gets 3-4 turns before your Hastega even goes off (unless you're using Ramza with LMR) and that makes a huge difference.
    Nah, I totally understand how good it is. I've had a dived Lightning since a little bit after the summerfest, and she's by far my most damaging character in short time frames, due to it. I just keep hearing how he falls off later in the meta, especially in 4* magicites, which is why I've been reluctant to dive him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Nah, I totally understand how good it is. I've had a dived Lightning since a little bit after the summerfest, and she's by far my most damaging character in short time frames, due to it. I just keep hearing how he falls off later in the meta, especially in 4* magicites, which is why I've been reluctant to dive him.
    That's mostly due to their damage output though. What he provides is still incredibly useful but you need strong DPSes to take advantage of it (basically any of the strong USBs like Tidus, Bartz, Edge, Shadow, etc. and fully dived characters). If you pull Marche's USB that's actually a more consistent buff but he's limited in elemental options for Knight skills.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Got my first sub 30 today against Liquid Flame. Still needs work though (god damn VIT 4* notes cockblocking my Edge LD).

Setup
    Edge 99: R2 water shadow non 5* | R3 2-4 hit water non 5* | SSB2 | Non DMG +40% RM
    Tidus 89 Full LD: Doesn't matter | R3 Sapphire Shot | LCSB | Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Ramza 99 Full LD: usual Wrath/Entrust | USB | Mako Might
    Bartz 99 Full LD: R4 Waterga Strike | R3 Engulfing Strike | USB | Draw Fire RM (to build meter and protect edge shadows)
    Y'shtola 99 Full LD: R2 Shellga (to survive possible 9k counter Fira) | R3 Curada | BSB | Thunder God Mode RM

RW: Fabula Raider

Opened with History's Truth and Y'shtola casting RW, followed by Tidus using LCSB while Edge builds shadows and Bartz spams Engulfing Quadstrike. Ramza wrath/entrusts Edge for Last Stand in case of shadow wipe and aoe spam.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got my 3rd sub 30 today. One of the one's I really wanted to sub 30 since it drops Ice Orbs.

I need to level another Mom Bomb to make it more consistent I think. Happy overall.

EDIT: Got it again, with a lower time.

Took a video of it, so I can plan better for future runs, if anyone wants to watch me go ghetto mode.

BG Level

Beaten the shadow dragon which makes it my last Magicite win

Finally got Fabula rider but i thought that Rider + guardian was 1 RW and not 2

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, I did not think that this was possible for me. Sub 30 Shadow Dragon.

Raines: BSB/SSB (Not used)
    OK: BSB
    Larsa: BSB/SSB (Not used)
    Agrias: BSB
    Wol: CSB

Larsa entrusts Raines turn 1, then spams Curada until BSB is up. Agrias use Divine Cross to tank it's physical hits for a bit and build bar. Wol does LS into CSB.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

After getting Argias LMR and USB, I finally managed to get a sub 30 Shadow Dragon, but I think it's related more to the +20 ATK I got from mastering the two, because my strat wasn't any different than before - the USB has crap damage, 11x 3k a hit is so sad, when BSB1 does 4x 9999s and imperil-holy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

booo 31.29sec mist dragon, soooo close, bet I can do it with a few tweaks.

I got Vaynes OSB from a banner a week ago (dissida?), as well as his 'Begin battle with En-dark' LMR, and SSB that gives everyone instant cast, so I think I might just break him and take him to 99, and see how much better he does compared to Sephiroth -- who cant seem to break 4k a hit on his BSB2 (and that's only AFTER en-dark. His OSB is quite nice though).

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Trying to do Golem now, but damage seems low. This is my setup for right now.

Papalymo Curaja/Protect Dr. Mog for Ley Lines
    Fujin Gust/Raging Storm Wind dmg up RM (Have Burst/Overstrike)
    Y'shtola Ultra Cure/Shellga Healers Prayer Burst SB
    Terra Tiamat/Meteor Devotion Burst/Overstrike both deal non elemental
    Alphinaud Valefor/Bahamut Mako Might for Deployment Tactics, I also have his burst 1