+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Celes and Bartz would be mutually exclusive because unless you're willing to run 2x R3 Blazing Twinstrikes, they are competing and putting Shooter on Bartz is useless.
    Auron will not put up enough damage to really matter much. AoE entry hurts him. His C2 does comparable damage but I don't see other hones getting good mileage.
    Yda is a lock since she has Fires Within and has Greased Lightning on C1.

I see this as an option with flex on spot 3. The double stack on haste kinda sucks. If you have Minfilia Boostga, can sub her for Ramza and get some utility from Last Stand.
    Yda
    Bartz
    Locke (Imperil with Ace Striker) or OK(BSB + Entrust)
    Ramza (Shout Entrust)
    Ysh

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Celes and Bartz would be mutually exclusive because unless you're willing to run 2x R3 Blazing Twinstrikes, they are competing and putting Shooter on Bartz is useless.
    Auron will not put up enough damage to really matter much. AoE entry hurts him. His C2 does comparable damage but I don't see other hones getting good mileage.
    Yda is a lock since she has Fires Within and has Greased Lightning on C1.

I see this as an option with flex on spot 3. The double stack on haste kinda sucks. If you have Minfilia Boostga, can sub her for Ramza and get some utility from Last Stand.
    Yda
    Bartz
    Locke (Imperil with Ace Striker) or OK(BSB + Entrust)
    Ramza (Shout Entrust)
    Ysh
    I mean for Fenrir I used both Celes and Squall (Ok fine Celes had BSB for ice DMG)

But Still Squall had Snowspell while Celes had Blizzaga strike

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I also came up with a Cid Raines setup since he can still do respectable damage.
    Krile Chain Firaga (BSB)
    Cid Raines Meltdown (BSB w Mako Might)
    OK Can either be Smoldering Fire or Wrath + Entrust (BSB w Dr. Mogs)
    Ysh Wrath | Curada (BSB w Ace Striker)
    Flex for final position. Fit in Locke with LS + Steal Power or something?

Though good luck trying to fit in Pro/shellga in there. Krile does have a slot for it via Bard Dive.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Go with mom bomb. All the magicites will do roughly equal dmg with their attacks, but mom bomb gives you an extra 20% on fire hits.

Just swapped to golem runs myself, and dear lord is it a welcome change from fenrir. So much easier it's hard to see how they list them at the same difficulty.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm in the middle of farming sealion right now, super close to hitting sub-30 but i think i need to refine my turns and hone the 5* fire ninja skill up to R3 to get there. setup i'm using is:

terra: chain firaga/meltdown (R2 both), fire boost armor, fire resist accessory, USB/OSB, ace striker
    OK: smoldering fire/entrust (R1), fire boost armor, BSB, dr. mog
    ramza: wrath/entrust (R2), USB, mako might
    ysh: curada/shellga, lionheart, BSB
    fujin: LS, SSB, battleforged

i originally had protectga instead of the R1 entrust on OK, without it there's a bit more variance in startup as you have a much higher chance of someone getting flattened during the setup phase. once you get rolling though i didn't find it to be an issue. i've been using a charge of ramza's USB just for the extra stats & noncharge, but i think i might be able to cap OSB damage without it, in which case i'm probably better off entrusting the starter bar straight away.

BG Level

I just need 1x sealion drop then i'm done with him and fenrir, no idea who to attack after lol they all scares me

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

bismarck is the worst IMO, it has stupid damage output and covers a lot of elements. i have no problem killing him well under a minute, but i find myself having to do a decent number of resetting or clutching it out with 1-2 characters left alive at the end. if you have decent water coverage, liquid flame is pretty easy, i think the main challenge on that one is just having the damage output to come in low enough for the good rewards.

BG Level

Water DMG is motly Khimari and Paine BSB for me

Golem Wind DMG is mostly physical (only mage is Alphinaud BSB)

Thunder DMG I have Kain, Shantotoo and Reno BSB (Ashe OSB but not BSB)

Earth DMG i have Rydia and Dorgaan BSB + Bartz BSB3

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Finally got a WiFi connection to download data for FFIV and ice magicite (used up hi-speed data long ago so my phones data is too slow to download FFRK data).

Down to 14/15 keystones and got my first sub 1 min Sealion!

Setup:
    Steiner 99: Lifesiphon R5 | Blazing Twin strike R3 | Truthseeker | OSB | FF10 armlet fire+
    Refia 99: Lifesiphon R5 | Fire Within R2 | Refia 99 RM | BSB | Lann ranged fire+ and Refia Armlet fire+
    Ramza 99: Wrath R5 | Entrust R3 | Dr. Mog's Teachings | Shout
    Porom 99: Shellga R2 | Curaja R5 | Mako Might | Twin Star
    Y'shtola 99 Legend Dived: Wrath R5 | Curada R2 | Ace Striker | BSB.

Only changes would be Protectga instead of shellga and I could eek out more DMG on Steiner once he masters OSB. He was doing 76k crits with OSB.
    Used this setup for taking down my first Sealion (second Magicite overall)! Two clears, both under a minute with my best at about 0:57, so cut it pretty close both times.

First win took a few tries but managed to kill at 0:57. The second try I switched Refia for Yda since I have her BSB as well, took a few seconds longer and barely made it out under 1min.

I do have a question: I have Steiner's OSB and SSB fire Imperil, but only using OSB. Would it be better to apply the Imperil before BSB/OSB?

Thanks~

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Golem Wind DMG is mostly physical (only mage is Alphinaud BSB)
    All I take for golem is alph plus edge with the ninja wind nukes. It's plenty of dmg.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    Used this setup for taking down my first Sealion (second Magicite overall)! Two clears, both under a minute with my best at about 0:57, so cut it pretty close both times.

First win took a few tries but managed to kill at 0:57. The second try I switched Refia for Yda since I have her BSB as well, took a few seconds longer and barely made it out under 1min.

I do have a question: I have Steiner's OSB and SSB fire Imperil, but only using OSB. Would it be better to apply the Imperil before BSB/OSB?

Thanks~
    Nope, the damage you gain from his SSB imperil doesn't come close to the DMG his BSB/OSB does. I used it back when I first cleared Sea Lion and Steiner did 15k DMG per SSB and DMG increased on Refia to 1.5k base (crits were still capped) per Command1/BSB.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    All I take for golem is alph plus edge with the ninja wind nukes. It's plenty of dmg.
    Maybe i'm just bad cuz with Alphinaud alone i had issues getting him to 50% before i died

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    If you have a 2nd source of fire dps that will can rival Steiner OSB spam, like Refia BSB, then stack an imperil or 2. If Steiner is your main source of damage and no one is close, then BSB/OSB spam and entrust him.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe i'm just bad cuz with Alphinaud alone i had issues getting him to 50% before i died
    i did a turtle setup for golem w/ alphinaud (and also used raging storm at R3 for supplemental damage) as my primary damage dealer. are you getting him some extra bar to keep radiant shield on? that's a pretty significant contribution. granted you're probably looking at close to 1M give or take for clear times so it's not 'optimal', but he can definitely get you there if you just want clears for 3* drops.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

here's my setup:

yshtola - healing
    edge - mag gear, 40% nin ability dmg
    krile - doesn't matter/sheepsong (maybe did 20k dmg w/ nukes?)
    OK - wrath/entrust, doesn't use SB at all
    alph - 40% wind gear, tiamat/nuke, bsb/DT

edge just straight up nukes the whole time. might throw his ssb out if I think ppl might go down. Krile sheepsong, then throw some nukes out (they do piddly dmg, but w/e). OK throws SB guage at alph whenever he gets over a bar. Alph does tiamat x2, nuke, then DT. After that he does bsb > cmd 1 > bsb on repeat until it dies. wind magicite ofc, killshot usually ~50 sec mark depending on stuns.

@moridam yeah, OK throws bars at alph, but mainly to spam burst. DT goes up at ~15 sec, I don't reapply. And yeah, I'm just shooting for <1 min clears atm, will go back for quicker times after getting magicite leveled up more.

BG Level

Also for an alternative for those having trouble on Golem and have OK BSB, you can run Phantasm + Raging storm as a DPS slot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Done with LF, and started to try Sealion last night.

Only seem able to get it down to around 50% before shit hits the fan. Bringing both shell and protect, but my magical fire ability is overshadowed by physical. Maybe the issue was I was trying to fit both en-fire BSB users in (Krile and Auron) instead of focusing on utility.

Physical Options: Celes (SSB), Locke (BSB), Yda (BSB), Auron (BSB), Bartz (USB)
    Magic Options: OK (BSB), Krile (Sheepmode and BSB), Shantotto (BSB)

I see a lot of clears with a magic team, but my Faithga options are limited to fire users (Krile) or people I can't use offensively for the fight (Cid Raines). I could bring someone like Mog (BSB) or Serah (SSB) for a stacking faithga, but they would then be hone reliant on Firaja/Meltdown or just be there for additional heals.

Physical Setup:
    Celes
    Yda
    Auron
    Ramza
    Yshtola

Magic Setup:
    Krile
    OK
    Mog
    Yshtola
    Shantotto

Would Krile and Shantotto be enough offense with their BSB's to clear? Meltdown and Chain Firaga are both R3.

Also, Mom Bomb or Liquid Flame magicite?
    Phys or magic both look like they'd work for 60s; either way OK is probably on the team because he can at least use fireveil (I assume he has vessel; and if you have enough for r2 or r3 smoldering fire he'll do actual significant damage). Honestly I don't think ysh brings much to magicites (might be different for 4 star magicites). Something like OK, healer, entruster then an enelement DPS and a flex spot (probably a DPS who doesn't need soul break meter to do their job) should work. Either magic blink or enkidu magicite (depends on whether you can time magic blink right).

Shantotto is excellent with her dive and okay otherwise; the cast speed trance mode is incredible.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    If you have a 2nd source of fire dps that will can rival Steiner OSB spam, like Refia BSB, then stack an imperil or 2. If Steiner is your main source of damage and no one is close, then BSB/OSB spam and entrust him.
    Thanks synistar and Robertfb. Neither Refia or Yda can compete with Steiner's ~88k OSB. However I find I can only hit those numbers with both Ramza and Porom's SSB's up, otherwise, I'm close to about ~50k, which brings Refia closer to Stiner. Think once I beat Fire Magicite, I'll have more room to play around and not risk a wipe or rage mode.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Phys or magic both look like they'd work for 60s; either way OK is probably on the team because he can at least use fireveil (I assume he has vessel; and if you have enough for r2 or r3 smoldering fire he'll do actual significant damage). Honestly I don't think ysh brings much to magicites (might be different for 4 star magicites). Something like OK, healer, entruster then an enelement DPS and a flex spot (probably a DPS who doesn't need soul break meter to do their job) should work. Either magic blink or enkidu magicite (depends on whether you can time magic blink right).

Shantotto is excellent with her dive and okay otherwise; the cast speed trance mode is incredible.
    Yshtola is fully dived and rattles off instant 6.5k HP heals. If I didn't have her fully dived though, id probably opt for someone like Relm.

Yes, I have OK BSB and OSB. May try a clear with both group setups tonight and see which I like better. Thanks.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I run Ysh + Rikku on buff/heal duty, then take Noctis, buffer #2 with Entrust, and the deeps, whoever it may be. My times right now are about 35 seconds on average.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast