+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Hmmm. I may have to rework my party for that element.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    I got him up to almost capping out with his entry but that required shout and 2 +30% for attack buffs and 3 stacks of imperil. I've actually been kind of disappointed with it compared to Maria's OSB. I can get roughly the same amount of damage without any imperils or en-earth just running 3 mag buffs plus faith. My maria was also lvl 90 with +12% black damage from her record sphere. For comparison, I have bartz at S.lvl 32 with +40 attack from all of the SBs/materia that I have for him.

Edit: I'm also using a earth boost armor with Bartz and nothing with Maria

Checking in for the Terra's trance mode being great. I can only seem to get sub 30s clears with trance activated. I started bringing Edward with his quickcast SSB which makes her cast insanely fast with trance and her EX mode.
    what's best way to proc Terra's trance?

having probs with Hydra myself due to lack of earth. I forgot Hope had it, but took him and even his C2 wasn't doing much (like 2.7k x2 with two magic buffs) so I subbed him out for Cid Raines to have 3 buffs, and that seems fine. Rinoa is my main source of damage (Brothers Unique En-earth + BSB Command 1) and after the buffs are up she does like 5.8kx4 and Meltdown does 9999x3. So damage is okay there.

Papalymo is sub healer with Curaja/Shellga, Yshtola is my healer, and OK is there as entrust.. but I run out of steam and either I just get unlucky that wall falls right as he's casting again or I just get wrecked with back to back to back aoes. Everyone has resists on. Ugh. So annoying not having actual firepower for this. I'll get it down eventually though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    hmm i do have her USB, OSB and enough motes stocked for a full dive. i might have to give that a go. are you using any other DPS sources on your sub-30 clears or is it all terra + entrust spam?
    I just have her USB but I'd imagine her USB/OSB combo would be even better.

This is my setup:

Spoiler: show

Terra - USB +20% fire damage
    Vincent- +20% fire damage. En-fire SSB and BSB that has radiant shield. I start with his BSB then spam meltdown until I can cast his SSB.
    OK - BSB. +40% fire damage Spams smoldering fire and entrusts Terra.
    Edwards - SSB. Two wraths then SSB. Spams wrath and entrusts Terra after that.
    Relm - BSB

I'm not running protectga just to help trigger trance and maximize radiant shield damage. Last stand from Relms burst helps with surviving the extra damage. I've also played around with using OK to trigger trance with smoldering fire. I've had trouble with terra surviving the whole fight when I try that though.

Vali, meltdown and smoldering fire are all R3. I'd like to R4 smoldering fire but i'm saving dark orbs for the upcoming ninja skills.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

shellga + moderate fire resist, self-target chain firaga. as long as she doesn't take any other damage that should trigger it without killing her.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I usually just S/L until I get lucky. Using ninja magic results in more than enough damage to kill Terra so you need a source of last stand if you try that. But that leaves her open to getting KO'ed later in the fight.

I might have to try that chain firaga idea out though.

Can finally consistently take down Fenrir.

In the end, I went back my two fully LD's character Squall and Lightning, and just went ham on him. Lightning with her USB active is the best and most reliable blink stripper. The short charge time from Lightning meant she can immediately strip physical blink even when the ATB bar is halfway through on Squall's CMD2. Even managed to sub 1min.

Squall, Lightning, Vanille, Ysh, Ramza. Super straight forward. 3 Enkidus in 4 kills. I'm on a roll.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    I usually just S/L until I get lucky. Using ninja magic results in more than enough damage to kill Terra so you need a source of last stand if you try that. But that leaves her open to getting KO'ed later in the fight.

I might have to try that chain firaga idea out though.
    i actually LD'ed her and played around with a few setups before arriving at that, it should be solid! that's with her OSB sword at 8* fully augmented, a fire boost armor, and rubicant's cloak. notably though, i don't have any fire boosting magicites since i haven't cleared that fight yet. definite possibility enough passive boosts could put her over the lethal threshold, lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    hmm i do have her USB, OSB and enough motes stocked for a full dive. i might have to give that a go. are you using any other DPS sources on your sub-30 clears or is it all terra + entrust spam?
    OK (smoldering fire, fire veil I think?, 2 fire ups, vessel), tyro (wrath entrust; keepers tome), terra (chain firaga/meltdown, 1 fire up), selphie (bssb with dr mog; usb later in the fight), noctis (lifesiphon/doesn't matter). Terra chain firagas herself after buffs go up and she can't be hit beforehand, procing esper mode; launches meltdowns till she runs out and may want to throw a chain firaga before beginning enfire/osb spam (although I tested out a 92k osb without enfire, so enfire might just be a waste for me). Terra USB into osb would be far superior unless you ran noctis as well in which case it'd still be superior but just by a bit. Don't use entrust until you have to so you give terra as much meter as possible. Yuna bssb2/usb would probably be better except that selphie's usb is instant.

Noctis saves a little time with terra's trance mode but the benefits are mostly for the other guys.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Finally beat the last one for me (Hydra) with my limited earth resources.

Ended up going full mage route with

Rinoa (En-Earth Unique + BSB C1 // Meltdown R3 and Chain Stonega R2)
    Papalymo in full support mode with Curaja/Shellga and spamming Leylines when he needs to
    Cid Raines with Wrath/Stoneja and BSB for the buff
    OK with Entrust/Wrath Vessel
    Ysh with Curaja/Wrath

So three stackable mage buffs + enearth. Lets Rinoa hit 9999x3 with 6 Meltdowns, then just chip away with her burst. Was slow, but finally killed it. Ugh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Small look at future magicites: Tier 4s will be Marilith (fire), Isgebind (ice), Tiamat (wind), Midgarsormr (earth), Ixion (thunder), Kraken (water). The three Fiends are the FFIX versions and Lich is there as well, just not as a boss.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Small look at future magicites: Tier 4s will be Marilith (fire), Isgebind (ice), Tiamat (wind), Midgarsormr (earth), Ixion (thunder), Kraken (water). The three Fiends are the FFIX versions and Lich is there as well, just not as a boss.
    Those are about to come out In jp?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Those are about to come out In jp?
    Yup, there's currently a maintenance going on to add these new magicites.
    Here's a pic of all the new 4*s:
    https://imgur.com/daTmoaJ

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yup, there's currently a maintenance going on to add these new magicites.
    Here's a pic of all the new 4*s:
    https://imgur.com/daTmoaJ
    Good so got 6 months to get 2x fenrir

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Finally did Fenrir, had to go all physical, Ice SBs were just not putting out enough damage here... won 3 times, so pretty consistant, once was less than a min.

99 Cloud - Hailstorm, Lifesiphon - BSB2, OSB - Truthseeker
    99 Realm - curaga, Protectga - USB - Ace Striker
    99 Squall - Snowspell Strike, Lifesiphon - OSB - Orphaned Cub
    99 Ramza - Banishing Strike, Lifesiphon - Shout - Mako Might
    99 Y'shtola - Ultra Cure, Shellga - BSB - Knight Charge

Clouds and Squall OSB after Ramza takes off blink/haste and your golden.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Bismarck 30s - legend dived lightning (usb, osb), shantotto (chain, bssb), relm (usb) OK (vessel and entruster) tyro (entruster). I hope shelke's legend dive comes soon...

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My lack of mage buffs has never stung so hard till now...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

finished my last of the 6 with liquid flame the other night, i had BSB2/OSB bartz + BSB tidus for my damage section. initial clear was a bit north of a minute, after i honed water spellblade up to R3 and LD'ed bartz and that was enough to shave enough time to get in under a minute.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Edge truly is a blender with 30k+ Raging Water + 20k chases on Living Flame Magicite

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any thought on what one i could start with? I've been mostly bullying my way through content with a Knight team but these feel a little out of my grasp... I have Agrias and Cloud fully dived. Only relevant LM are Faris and Bartz
    List of SB's: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Day 1 player - cleared 95% of content since release
    Everyone with a BSB or better is lvl 99

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From what I can see you're pretty much covered on all 6 elements so just pick one and give it a shot. Maybe start with the elements you have OSBs for?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast