+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Finally beat odin. It should get easier on out with a resist all.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well I joked in drop thread about Edea DC LMR and Rinoa AOSB helping me with Typhoon and they were indeed MVP for getting me my first win.

Setup
    Edea 6* ice witch / USB2 + DC LMR + QC LMR / ice DMG 40% RM
    OK Vortex and Entrust / mUSB + IC 2 LMR / MM
    Laguna Frost Offer / CSB / Ace Striker
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaja / bUSB + AOSB + Enice LMR / Tyro MC3 RM
    Elarra Mage Ballad / USB + brd heal LMR / DMT
    Fabula Raider / Mateus 2x (empower ice and magic boon), Famfrit (forgot, same as past posts), 2x Evrae

Took me so long since Slydra burned me out on magicite since 4th anniversary (not due to difficulty, but to the usual rng bs).

Edit: Don't know how I won the first time, couldn't replicate my first win, so I changed my team by repping Elarra with Rosa and switching Fabula Raider with the healer one. Didn't make it consistent still though, until I RoP pulled Rosa glint, which made life so much easier (as I could see from top of the page lol).

Anyway, done farming Typhoon, so yay!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finally got Syldra down, due to the fest banner 2. Fight's a hit or miss. If I DPS too slow, I die. If I DPS too fast, I die because I don't have enough bar on Rosa for phase 3. It's a fun fight, and by fun, I mean literal worst fight in this game.

Syldra: 24.48s

Code:
    Squall: AOSB/AASB: SSS R4 + Lifesiphon -- RM: LM1+2, Gathering Storm
    Rosa: USB2 -- Wrath + Shellga -- RM: LM1, Mako Might
    Ignis: BSB -- Entrust + Wrath -- RM: LMR, DMT (Quick cast at start)
    Bartz: AASB, Glint -- SSS R5 + Lifesiphon -- RM: LMR1+LM2, Love's Wake
    Rinoa: Voltech + Dispel -- RM: LMR+LM2, Ace Striker (En-Ice)

Magicite:
    Main:
    Mateus -- Wind-10, Spell-8 (Need to negate bar-ice)

Subs:
    Manticore: Ice+15, ATK+15
    Famfrit: Fire-10, Spell-8
    Hecatoncheir: Lightning-10, HP+5
    Madeen: ATK+20, HP+8
    Turns and stuff:
    Code:
    Turn: Ignis > Rosa/Rinoa > Rosa/Rinoa > Bartz > Squall

Ignis: BSB > CMD2 Bartz > CMD1 > CMD2 Squall > CMD2 Bartz > CMD1 > CMD2 Squall > Entrust Rosa
    														** Before boosting Squall's CritDMG, may want to entrust Rosa.

Rosa: Shellga > USB (after Thundaja) > Wrath x2 > USB (After Savage Aeroja) > Wrath > USB (After Windstorm) > Try not to die

Rinoa: Dispel > Voltech (Before Rosa USB) > Magicite > CSB > Voltech x?? > Dispel (High Stakes)

Bartz: Lifesiphon x3 > Glint > AASB > SSS x???

Squall: Wall > Lifesiphon x4 > AASB > SSSx??? > AOSB (Around 35-40%) > SSSx???
    							*** Squall can possibly USB2 > AASB instead.
    Fuck this dumb fight. 2-3 people die at the end regardless of anything too. Rinoa is dead weight outside of Chain + Dispel. She's pretty much worthless in the fight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

FFRK Absolute Virtue was very weakened compared to real AV, but it really captured the frustrating nature of the fight lol (fucking aerns)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The more I look at banner 4 the more I don't like it, but I"m not sure what I should have done otherwise except go harder on banner 1. I don't need fire from seifer and holy magis are long down the road although the other two AASBs are good; but the other AOSBs and USBs aren't THAT good...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since the auto update rendered my Quetzalcoatl auto not work any more for whatever reason, I made a sub 30 auto Hecatoncheir setup, after a lot of a failures. Faris was 99% the reason for all failures. It averages between 19-21s, haven't seen it go over. Zidane doesn't trigger trance. Couldn't get it to even with Rosa wrath instead of Curada. :

** Placement matters, characters and abilities are listed in their slots. **

Code:
    Bartz (AASB): SSS R5 -- RM: LMR1+LM2, Scholar's Boon
    Rosa (USB2): Curada R5 -- RM: LM1+Mako Might
    Faris (CSB): DashSlash R2 + Entrust R3 -- RM: TGM
    Tyro (GodWall): Affliction Break R2 + Meltdown R4 -- RM: DMT
    Zidane (AOSB+AASB): Storm Assault R4 -- RM: LM1+LMR (Thief re-cast) + SwordDMG+

RW: NONE

Magicite:
    Main: 
    Typhon: Wind+15, ATK+15

Sub:
    Madeen: ATK+20, HP+8
    Sylph: Earth-10, FC-8
    Syldra: Wind+15, ATK+15 (I fucked up this augment, didn't realize I had a Tiamat. The ATK should be Magic >.>)
    Evrae: HP+5
    Hope this helps someone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ice weak odin done; that was a pretty big pain. I think I can do earth and wind weaks with difficulty and then dark+thunder weaks with big maybes (thunder I need an astra, ideally tyro's); holy and water are going to be dreams for a while I think

edit: wind weak odin too. they were so execution based they were a pain but all done. onto the real hard ones now...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Finished farming Earth magicite and beat my final elemental wheel boss (KB), so time to start working on holy/dark to unlock Odin.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

after getting frustrated by my earlier attempts at typhon, i refused to bother with it because the fight is so maddeningly dumb. as a result i've been waiting around to either get rosa USB2 or find an autobattle i could adapt that didn't rely on her. finally found one for elarra that's working more-or-less flawlessly (the randomized turn 1 order forces restarts but seems to be consistent otherwise)

ysale: chain blizzaja r4, USB, scholar's boon
    elarra: curada r4, USB, TGM
    rinoa: voltech r4, CSB, MM
    terra: valigarmanda r4, AASB, DMT
    edea: chilling blizzard r4, USB, orphaned cub

RW is fabula raider, elarra has to get the first move and cast this or a restart is required.
    magicite: mateus (wind-/def+) / manticore (atk+/ice+) syldra (earth-/mag+20) evrae (mag+20) famfrit (bward/hp+8)

everyone sans rinoa has been LD'ed. rinoa has en-ice LMR though it doesn't contribute much, and i have terra's wcast LMR which is super nice to have but i think probably unnecessary. i had to blow a couple of my mag+20s that i'd been saving for when i get around to madeen, the setup this is based off of used a gen2 chain and i think everyone had 100 magia levels or so, and i didn't have those luxuries. without the extra mag boons, terra's first summon wouldn't break rage and the run fell apart as a result. with the extra boons though it's just enough to push her over and rage mode finishes with 2 stacks of enaero and one more after which makes all the incoming damage survivable. finishes between 19-25s depending on wcast luck with terra.

just have magic wind left for the outer ring and then onto holy/dark.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not sure if I should bother, but I've been farming 4* Magicite a bit and setting aside level 80/99 second versions of the elements I sub 30.

I seem to be at a standstill at the moment. I haven't taken the time to dive further into Torment battles, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to tackle 5* Magicite yet.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

the first and second torment fights aren't too bad really and you'll get a ton of motes and rubies just doing those as best you can. i'd say tackle those first to have more resources to go after magicites once your relics start to fill out.

5* is definitely a steep climb in terms of basic requirements compared to 4*. you're generally gonna need some combination of CSB (on-element is usually enough, having matching phys/mag or gen2 versions is a luxury but by no means required), high-end healing USB, good offensive USBs and good hones on 6* skills.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yeah, I have all of the first tier Torment fights completed under 40s. I think most of them are under 30s.
    I'm still working through the second tier ones, but for some reason it seems to have slowed down.

I may have what I need to complete FFIV D???. I have quite a bit of kit there as they were my favorite husbandos/waifus

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished Heca/Turtle, both sub 30.

Went back and redid Quetz, Famfrit, and Geos for Sub 30 now. Finished the first 6 elements 5* sub 30 now.

Onward to the holy grind! I can post teams for anyone looking for a reference as well. Bartz, Shantotto, and Rosa did work like Kobe.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I need to farm a bunch of Quetz for Fast Act 10 inherits. But been lazy and quick farming Phoenix for 20 kills/Health Boon inherits.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Beat Madeen with Seymour chain, Golbez USB2 (Decil USB magic clone) and DC LMR, OK mUSB + LMR, Nabaat USB, and Elarra USB and LMR.

Seeing Golbez triple cast the 6* dark magic ability for capped DMG is awesome.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Beat Madeen with Seymour chain, Golbez USB2 (Decil USB magic clone) and DC LMR, OK mUSB + LMR, Nabaat USB, and Elarra USB and LMR.

Seeing Golbez triple cast the 6* dark magic ability for capped DMG is awesome.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

finally assembled all my dark jawns to trash lakshmi and farmed up 4 in short order. gotta do madeen now which i'm kinda dreading, how is riku AASB in magic setups? my offensive dark game isn't bad necessarily, off the top of my head i've got seymour's chain, raines' BSB/USB/OSB, kuja BSB/OSB and vayne USB. no native dark magic AASBs though and i feel like i've been leaning on those pretty hard for my recent clears. if riku is viable with a MAG weapon, which of those three is the most replaceable? is a gen2 phys chain preferable due to the higher hit cap, or does seymour's ability to contribute meaningful-ish damage offset that?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I did it with Raines BSB/OSB, Kuja USB/BSB/OSB (not the best when the exit is non-ele) Seifer chain (shit dps) and OK Entruster. Fastest clear was 55 seconds.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Seymour does 4-6k DMG a hit with chain and mako might when using that 4 hit drain dark magic ability for me. Madeen is NOT as bad as she looks, her dispel is only in P1 and it's on turn 12, so kinda easy to avoid. Shellga and wall makes her dmg not too bad, even with her mind buff and debuff, highest I saw was 7k near end, which with LD and crystal waters, they can survive it in time for Elarra to pop USB.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Lakshmi downed! Was harder then Madeen to me. Team: Zeid USB, Larsa USB, Elarra USB + LMR, Sephiroth USB2 + DC darkness LMR, Seymour chain.

Elarra brought Hastega and ATK brd ability, she main healed with USB in between poltergeists, then Larsa used USB to block the sleep and confuse. Larsa brought dispel and Seymour mark of darkness.

Not looking forward to Ark/Deathgaze. Holy is only element I'm chainless in.