+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

do you have any of the physical dark skills honed? might be better than BSB commands for your non-SB turns, after the ability buff they're quite good paired with endark.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Without knowing what relics you have I can only come up with this mashup of a setup

Ysh - Curada | Shellga - Doublecast RM (Guessing BSB huh)
    Papalymo - Meltdown | Curaja - Ley Lines
    Fujin - Wrath | R2 Raging Winds - BSB(?)
    Entruster - If you have OK BSB, Can go R5 Gust + Entrust. can forego DT so Alphinaud can open up with BSB
    Alphinaud - Tiamat | Bahamut - DT + BSB

Spam bars to Alphinaud so he can open with DT then BSB ASAP.

That's all I can infer from what party you posted.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Without knowing what relics you have I can only come up with this mashup of a setup

Ysh - Curada | Shellga - Doublecast RM (Guessing BSB huh)
    Papalymo - Meltdown | Curaja - Ley Lines
    Fujin - Wrath | R2 Raging Winds - BSB(?)
    Entruster - If you have OK BSB, Can go R5 Gust + Entrust. can forego DT so Alphinaud can open up with BSB
    Alphinaud - Tiamat | Bahamut - DT + BSB

Spam bars to Alphinaud so he can open with DT then BSB ASAP.

That's all I can infer from what party you posted.
    Updated on the end there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    booo 31.29sec mist dragon, soooo close, bet I can do it with a few tweaks.

I got Vaynes OSB from a banner a week ago (dissida?), as well as his 'Begin battle with En-dark' LMR, and SSB that gives everyone instant cast, so I think I might just break him and take him to 99, and see how much better he does compared to Sephiroth -- who cant seem to break 4k a hit on his BSB2 (and that's only AFTER en-dark. His OSB is quite nice though).
    Yeah physical darkness (non ninja edition) is suffering. I got sephs bssb2/osb combo like you and he doesn't even make the cut. Maybe I dived him for trance but I'm not investing that much (because mist dragon doesn't physically attack after the first few hits it's essentially free atk/quickcast).

I have vayne osb (and endark bssb although I dont use it) and while my understanding is the type is selected at time of cast (so typed quickcasts like allegro don't help) it does fine work with cid raines' buff. With start with endark I can only imagine how much better it'd be.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Trying to do Golem now, but damage seems low. This is my setup for right now.
    Alphinaud Valefor/Bahamut Mako Might for Deployment Tactics, I also have his burst 1
    Would not bother with DT. Alph bssb is actually quite good when the powerchain starts rolling. Not sure how much damage fuujin OSB does without enelement but should be good. I don't see what terra adds as opposed to another buffer or entrust for OSBs.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Would not bother with DT. Alph bssb is actually quite good when the powerchain starts rolling. Not sure how much damage fuujin OSB does without enelement but should be good. I don't see what terra adds as opposed to another buffer or entrust for OSBs.
    Was essentially looking for any sort of Non Elemental damage since the only physical Wind I have is cloud, and with twin 30k dmg shields to break through, I have to go mage party. Was hoping with her high magic since she's fully dived to go along with ley lines and dt she could get a triple hit with Tiamat, but that failed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there any reason to level duplicate magicites? or even the 1 or 2 star versions?

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is Cid (XIII) worth Legend diving if you only have his BSB? Starting on Holy/Dark but I don't have too many dark options. Thought I might try Cid/Nabaat both BSBs, but dunno if I can get enough damage without LD.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Is Cid (XIII) worth Legend diving if you only have his BSB? Starting on Holy/Dark but I don't have too many dark options. Thought I might try Cid/Nabaat both BSBs, but dunno if I can get enough damage without LD.
    Yes most definitely, his BSB is still the best magic SB in JP (in fact his USB was designed to work with it).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Yes, definitely! the double cast LM at the end proc's very frequently too - really good investment.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    Is there any reason to level duplicate magicites? or even the 1 or 2 star versions?
    For 1* and 2*s I'd say no, unless you're just starting out with magicites and want more passives to stack. 3* yes given that you can inherit some of those passives into the 4* magicites when they're released (and you kinda want those to be at max level when you pass them on).

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    For 1* and 2*s I'd say no, unless you're just starting out with magicites and want more passives to stack. 3* yes given that you can inherit some of those passives into the 4* magicites when they're released (and you kinda want those to be at max level when you pass them on).
    You mean to keep 2x Living Flame at lv 99? (as an exemple)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    You mean to keep 2x Living Flame at lv 99? (as an exemple)
    I'm keeping three of each for stacking purposes but yes. 1* and 2* magicites are useless once you've acquired some 3*s (unless there's some special case I'm missing with unique passive) and those have the highest passive skill levels anyway.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

how the hell do you have three of each 3* at 99, that's like 100 mythril in xp day stamina refreshes lol. i haven't even finished 1x99 for each element yet!

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

XP dungeon + Run with with it solo on your materia deck = mad amount of magicite leveling.

Of course there were horror stories of people farming Alexandria Dungeon and getting 5-6 magicites to 99 in that time frame lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't have three of each maxed out yet but I'm working on that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I only had Bismarck done until the last fest was over, then I farmed the remaining magicites. Since then, I've gotten Hydra, Enlil x2, Wendigo x2, Enki x2, Bismarck x2 all to 99, and a bunch of others like Enkidu, Shadow Dragon, Phantom, Mom Bomb and Unicorn in the high 80s/low 90s. As long as you do sundaily/tuesdaily, it's not really thaaaat bad. Always EXP'd with 5 magicites, so everything gets split.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Some good info on what magicites to keep and level:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...name=u_purge00

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Some good info on what magicites to keep and level:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...name=u_purge00
    Awesome! Thank you, don't know why I couldn't find that

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Managed my second sub 30, this time Sealion! Also did this physical instead of magical. Only problem is it relies on at least a few double cast procs on Bartz. Will be more consistent once I LD Yda and Edge. I have Ramza entrust Edge for Last Stand since Sealion is a dick.

Setup
    Yda 99: Burning Rush R2 | Fires Within R3 | USB | Tyro MC3 RM and fire+ armor
    Edge 99: Ruby Spark R3 | Smoldering Fire R1 | SSB2 | Refia MC3 RM, chakram + armlet fire+
    Ramza 99 LD: Wrath R5 | Entrust R3 | USB | Mako Might
    Bartz 99 LD: Firaga Blade R4 | Blazing Quadstrike R3 | USB | Spellblade 40% RM, armlet fire+
    Y'shtola 99 LD: Shellga R2 | Curada R3 | BSB + Wall | Dr. Mog's Teachings

RW: Fabula Raider