+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Get a 99 Evrae. Debatable on what to inherit. Either Blade Ward or Spell ward will do. Fast act 10 is on Quetz 99. Health Boon 5 is on Earth Guardian so you may skip on those options. And you don't need to get 2-3 Evrae for decks. People are over valuing it. Plus Evrae is worthless for Last Stand zombie teams - that's for Hades.

Quote Originally Posted by Hada View Post
    I was looking over your earlier post and I since I had all the SBs you mentioned I figured I'd see if I could get a clear. It wasn't a mastery run but I did get an expert clear by switching out shelke for OK. Lost 2 to damage and 1 to actions

Kill shot:
    Spoiler: show

Setup:

I switched over to earth saber since I could afford to bring protect to help with body slam. Elarra got DMT and I used her USB after the second attack to heal up and get quickcast up. Galuf goes two grand charges then hesitate just a bit to time stone press to hit after savage mode goes up. If he crits it should break savage mode, if not just restart. I was getting ~15k crits and ~9k if he didn't. He should have enough meter at that point to get his CSB up. After that it's pretty straight forward. I use OK to give 1 bar to Bartz to help get his USB/BSB combo up and then gives the rest to Elarra for her BSB or USB

Magicites:
    Main:
    Earth guardian (lightning res inherit)
    Sub:
    Siren (fast act)
    Catastrophe (none)
    Midgardsormr (none)
    Evrae (deadly strikes)

I went with earth guardian as the main since I was getting my ass handed to me in phase 3 and needed it to survive.

Edit: You can probably shave a few seconds off that clear time with some practice. I didn't anticipate Galuf getting paralyzed late in the fight and had to go a couple of rounds before I could break savage mode again.

Hmm, I guess I'll try this out in just a bit and see how it goes, but there should be little reason that I shouldn't be able to replicate it

Was able to finally pull a win! I simply wasn't able to make that setup work for some reason, but I remembered I had Gladius's OSB so I leveled him up and threw the heavy stuff on him. Not having to awkwardly shuffle the chain and damage cap break on 1 character made a huge difference. I dove Galuf for the extra HP because he kept getting knocked out around 30 seconds, but that ultimately didn't help because even on the winning run he was still KO'd. I don't know, maybe I'll throw some hp waters on him and see if that helps because I got super lucky with a quad strike/chase dishing out 200k~ damage 2nd to last turn right before chain went down. If that hadn't happened I more than likely wouldn't have had enough damage to finish it without the chain, but hey a win is a win.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So I tried farming Siren. I can get to ~30% before I get wrecked with a physical team. Decided I should go get some Hades done because my physical holy is top notch and theres no way I can't sub 30...right?

WRONG! Stuck at like 30.25 as my lowest time. I figure its just eventually getting an optimized entrust pattern down, but regardless of how I set-up my Astra use between Red and Unicorn I always seem to get smacked with a stun around the 22 second mark that kills the run.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

finally beat a torment- v torment, barely sub 1 min. only usb bartz 1 but bartz aosb, gilgamesh chain. rest bursts (and a lmr doublecast kururu who seriously carried).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Snuck in a freak sub 30 Hades (I guess TGC went crazy with triple casts - can't replicate it) and comfortably sub 30 Siren w/o chain (20 seconds).

So starting to cannibalize my 4* magicites in preparing for 5*.

The 2x dampen ones I am leaving alone, and gave an Evrae Health Boon because I'll deal with the blade/spell ward stuff as I go. In inheriting my 4*, specifically to get a set ready for Quetz/King Behemoth, I just want to be sure I am not shooting myself in the foot later.

In starting the wheel again from earth and going around, is there anything from the standard 4* decks that can save a TREMENDOUS amount of time to have ready so I don't have to rebuild a deck from scratch each time?

Earth Deck restart for 5* (bold is finished, underline is have the skill ready):
    Earth Guardian w/ 10 Dampen Thunder
    Catastrophe w/Precise Strikes (Physical)
    Sylph w/Dampen Earth (Magical)
    Midgarsormr w/Enhance Earth
    Gizamaluke w/Blade Ward
    Evrae w/Health Boon

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You will be using most of your 4* magicite to feed into your 5*s. There are a few guides for inheritance. For the most part, you will be getting a 99 Quetz + KB. Inheriting Ixion into Quetz. Garuda or Mimic Queen into KB.

Same for Famfrit kinda. You will probably inherit a 99 Geo ultimately since he has natrual Spell Ward 8 then a 99 Phoenix for Health Boon 8. Geo inherits Octo or Kraken. So you can see that you will be recycling a fair amount of your 4* lvl 99s as you clear stuff.

The minimal farming guide. Over-values the double Evrae setup though -

The min/max no life guide with more descriptions for progression. Also over-values Evrae for a few decks. - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ression_guide/

My budget Quetz and KB decks for reference:
    Quetz -
    Main:
    Earth Guardian (Dampen 7)
    Subs:
    Giz | Firemane | Catastrophe (Earth Boost 10) | Evrae (Health Boon 5)

KB -
    Main:
    Earth Guardian (Dampen 7)
    Subs:
    Slyph (Dampen 7) | Midgardsormr (Earth Boost 15) | Krysta | Evrae (Health Boon 5)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Holy damage output Dr. Mog!

Went into Quetz with Bartz/Cinque, Red chain, Relm USB, OK pUSB. How you you keep up with healing in the first few moments?

Ive got 15% lighting dampen, Spell and Blade Ward 5, wall, shell, etc.

BG Level

I can see that being a problem without OK LMR. Also run a Krysta for Wind resist since 3rd move is Aero. If you need to, Red XIII Slot 3 (Mako Might) goes Entrust Relm > Wrath > Defend for paralyze > Magicite , Wrath until Chain - or have OK with Ultra Cure + Entrust and get a bar to Red XIII to start chain.

Now if your DPS is lacking and you max out each phase's 10 turns, you will definitely hit a wall on Turn 20 (Savage Thunder Call - imperil) >21 (Savage Thunder Call - imperil) >22 (Savage Thunderstorm - ignore resist) You definitely want to push to phase 3 (40% life) by turn 19 to make the last 10+ turns more manageable.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Holy damage output Dr. Mog!

Went into Quetz with Bartz/Cinque, Red chain, Relm USB, OK pUSB. How you you keep up with healing in the first few moments?

Ive got 15% lighting dampen, Spell and Blade Ward 5, wall, shell, etc.
    I just MM/DMT my healer, and let the chain wielder get SB from abilities and OK wrath > entrust. CSB is usually up by turn 3.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, I drop the heal early.

Well, here I am again. Now that I have Prompto's CSB I figured I would have an honest shot at downing Famfrit but so far things aren't panning out so well. Setup right now:

Aerith: Protect/Curada, USB, full dive + LMR, Gathering storm
    Bartz: 2 lightning gear, r3 stormspell/r4 thundering, USB/Glint, full dive + 3-hit LMR, bolt from above
    TGC: 2 lightning gear, r4 ripper bolt/r5 LS, OSB, full dive, truthseeker
    OK: 2 lightning gear, entrust/ r3 flash disaster, USB, Full dive + LMR, dr mogs
    Prompto: 1 lightning gear, entrust/r4 spark offering, CSB, full dive, mako might

Magicite:
    main -
    Enkidu to take care of silence when the fight drags on, though I've been thinking of putting Unicorn in for the major regen + debuff blink (of course, if I can figure out how to end the fight before that point then i can put something more useful here)
    sub -
    Quetzalcotl with lv10 water resist and 15 defense boost inherit, almost maxed out on inherit stat buff
    Evrae - needs inherit but is maxed out on inherit stat buff
    Garuda - needs inherit skill /stat buff
    Mimic Queen - 10 empower lightning inherit and maxed on inherit stat buff

Here's the deal, I have Lightning's USB+BSB2 but I found when using her that I simply don't have enough damage. The quick hit from her USB is nice but it is almost wasted since that is basically the only thing her USB really does (it also does enlightning but with chain I'm capping quickly so it doesn't really seem to matter a whole lot). I don't have her LMR so she is stuck doing a maximum of 50k per round with Ripping Blast once it charges up, whereas I can get Bartz going on his 2nd turn with Glint and immediately push his Stormspell Strike up to a minimum of 32k per round with a potential of 160k on his 3rd turn with the chain just getting up, and the difference in speed is almost negligible with the boost from glint + aerith's USB spam. If I waste a turn putting on his USB then it's essentially instant cast, but I haven't found that to be worth wasting a round of damage. 1 other maybe option for spellblade user is Sora, but I only have his BSB + LMR. Doubly unfortunate is that I have his fire/ice glint but not his lightning, so I'm limited to the first 25 seconds for any true advantage over Bartz, but between Bartz's glint and moderate x2 + VS x3 (sora only has small x2 on the LMR) I don't think Sora is competitive even with enlightning.

My only other truly viable melee lightning DD is King. I have his USB and LMR,. What I could do is dive him for his instant 3 turn start, spark offering those first 3 and then open up his USB and go to pound town with x2 tempest snipe for 12 hits per round. Those probably won't cap out unless the chain gets pretty high though so I haven't really considered trying this. Also the skills compete with what Prompto can use and I really would prefer not to dump all those MLO's on a strat that I have major reservations towards.

I haven't been able to put together a KB strat that works (and quatz doesn't break 10k though he does get close/slightly breaks with chain) so I have to keep TGC as he is my only phy lightning OSB, but honestly he pulls his weight. I only use LS the first 3 turns (his instant turns) so there's no loss in chain, and it's maybe 3k less damage overall so whatever. If I had KB then I would sub him for Lightning as she definitely caps out quicker but idk if this would make the difference.

The main concern of OK and Prompto once they get their SB's off is to make sure Aerith can keep up with healing. I still kind of suck at the order of attacks so I don't shoot of the USB right before gravity, but it's not my problem here. I just don't have enough damage I gave Flash Disaster to OK with his moderate x2 celerity, but it only does 12k at first and doesn't really get higher than 20k per round once the chain is up and running. It's not much but it's a nice alternative to wrath since it does a little damage and is instant. I'm severely disappointed in Spark Offering + Prompto's dive. Idk wtf moderate stands for here but the proc on imperil lightning seems so low. I get maybe 2 procs in 6 charges most of the time - shouldn't I be averaging double that? The two procs can both trigger at the same time for +2 in 1 round, though I've only seen that happen once in the 20~ runs I've tried so far lol. I'm thinking of foregoing Spark Offering and using Tempest Snipe since his LDM can still proc on that for at least some chance at imperil plus an actual chain builder.

My lack of an enlightning with x2 ability dive really seems to be handicapping me here since my SB selection is limited. If I could get KB down then that alone would probably be able to push me ahead but my earth mage selection is so bad that it will probably be until we get all the way around to wind for it to be viable unless we power creep faster than I anticipate we will.

BG Level

Drop OK. He does nothing but provide haste. And his DPS is meh. You get your boost from Prompto anyways.

Also Phase 3 (Turn 21 if you're maxing out turns) goes Protect > Mag Boost > Savage Tsunami > Gravity > Waterja(Silence) so it will always happen on Turn 25 unless you're pushing phases (quite possible). It also gives you 2 turns of breathing room Tsunami, gravity then silence. So running Unicorn isn't a terrible idea. At least it isn't like Geo who poisons in phase 2 and 3.

Bartz is suboptimal. You're not getting much mileage from his USB since you're not triggering chase. Also do you have Tyro BSB or some other magic blink available for a support? Here's the DPS options I see possible

King - 2x R4 Tempest Snipe or R3 Spark Offering + R4 Tempest Snipe| USB | LM1 + LMR. +30% gun damage (or Battleforged and spam USB more) Use Spark to get SB gauge and save Tempest for USB mode. You will only get 4 turns + 1-2 more USBs out of this
    Lightning - R4 Thundering Quadstrike | R4 Ripping Bolt | USB | LM1+2 | Ace Striker (spam the hell out of USB since you're going to be capping on your abilities on high chain)
    TGC - BANISHING STRIKE | Stormspell Strike - OSB | Tyro99RM (The better RM because he has +physical damage and +damage on swords on dive)
    Prompto - Entrust Bot | CSB | Dr. Mogs - Entrust TGC lots of bars
    Aerith - Curada | Hastega | USB | Mako Might (will be hard but fire after gravity on turn 3)

Magicite: M - Unicorn S - Quetz | Evrae | Mimic Queen | Spell or Blade ward

You will need a dispel or else your damage is going to dive quickly in phase 3.

It isn't 100% necessary to break his enrage (+15% damage dealt, ATB Fill, and Cast Speed) so TGC or an OSB isn't completely necessary for the fight. But your timer before OT hits is a lot shorter.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

King should absolutely go in there; who cares if the individual hits cap? They're 6 hits! He's okay for type zero torment too. Better for chain building too, triple cast LMR really isn't that high chance to work (I do it with edgar LMR but snipe or spark offering multicast are better payoff than 4 hits of damage).

May as well take a dispel for pro later on the fight if you're having damage issues.

You can just have prompto spark offering (what I do anyway). It's 35% chance per shot so more often than not you'll get a stack but it's still pretty high chance of no imperil. I do run edgar with him so both imperil until edgar usbs and usually cap out imperils fast. But I have TG RM on prompto.

The pattern after the initial phase is faith -> tsunami -> grav for phases 2 and 3 ; if you see more gravs than that you're too slow.

Flash disaster is more for meter and getting more attacks in for the blasts than pure damage.

I'd rather go offensive and pull everything out last phase than run enkidu. I do think that being forced into entrusting aerith means you're taking too much damage (ie, you could be running a magic breakdown and dispel instead if you could free those slots...)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

No pro? I like it! (that's where sora might actually have an advantage - wht access).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

new prompto chain = 24s geos

I'll try these out. I'm concerned that I won't have enough healing without protect and without giving the bars to Aerith, but lets find out.

Also I'm getting pretty good mileage out of Bartz. I don't have a damaging SB, but his glint gives moderate boost to spellblade + fast act, so really the difference between him and lightning is very small when you take into account that Bartz can use 6* spellblade. The only thing Lightning has over him are damaging SB's, but it's not clear if bartz doesn't make up all that difference in double/triple/quad procs where lightning is hitting a max of 50k per turn with ripping blast. Lets try her though, why not.

And yeah, I was using flash disaster to build meter on OK instead of wrath.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I have to say magicite builds make the difference, send inheritance too.

Every level I build on Quetz and the others I use to farm drops seconds from my times.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure I can't master quetz lol

The new party works but god damn if it doesn't take an entire day of SL's to get a single win. I have to get lucky on double heals/medica procs as well as imperil procs otherwise I start losing people with back-to-back KO hits, or I simply don't have enough damage. I had to dive King as well, but oh well. The win is just over 30 seconds but if it drags on past the 34 second mark then Aerith is silenced and I'm just running down the guts timer, and I don't think i can lower that at all without stronger SBs. Oh well just 2 more wins and I can be done with this fight forever.