+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I haven't even been able to scratch the magic ones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sub 30 phoenix; I changed to a breakdown and entrust setup on rikku and OK and used bartz and tidus (enwater LMR and that one's vital) as the carries

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I haven't even been able to scratch the magic ones.
    Same I've been trying to not spoil myself by doing straight damage reflect strats but as a FTP player that might be my only option unless I find myself willing to wait about a year until the power creep/random draws line up enough.

As for water, this might be one of my stronger elements but damn if this isn't putting out so much damage. The major thing I lack is a water OSB though, so because I can't take the 5* water mage magicite I'm stuck fighting through the rage (the initial hit from the magic water magicite is enough to break 10k but that's only good for the one). Even with OK and Shelk feeding Aerith bars it was still very difficult to keep up with the healing, idk.

I may try and embrace overload of damage and bring in Kimahri's water reflect USB, along with Tidus CSB/USB, Bartz LMR/USB/BSB/GSB, and then two healers Elarra with USB using warrior song, and Aerith with her USB.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Belias huts like hell. I think I'm gonna farm Phoenix for inheritance to make a Super Famfrit (Spell ward, Blade Ward, Health Boon 8) before I go try Belias again. Either that or play reflect damage games.

Edit: Figured out how Belias got max stack imperil on me for a run. I skipped the first berserk (good) but Turn 20 + 21 became back to back imperils (very bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I may try and embrace overload of damage and bring in Kimahri's water reflect USB, along with Tidus CSB/USB, Bartz LMR/USB/BSB/GSB, and then two healers Elarra with USB using warrior song, and Aerith with her USB.
    This worked surprisingly well. 36 seconds on the first try and I think with some refining I can probably get close to 30, but consistent sub 30 runs are probably out of the question without either Tidus or Bartz ASB, or maybe even something for Kimahri so he does more than power/magic break after popping reflect. Oh and I used Ode to Victory on Elarra instead of warrior song since I forgot Kimahri's USB gave moderate attack/mag with the reflect

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't seem to have much trouble with Quetz or Phoenix but Famfrit is driving me nuts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

it helps that the fire magis arent strict upgrades to them, both are double edged swords; famfrit and geos’d modes are strictly better for them

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

About solved my Belias fight. I just need to Blink 1 more Imperil fire and I can clear it.

Tyro R5 Chain Waterga | Wrath | BSB | Dr. Mogs
    OK R4 Vortex | PBD | mUSB | LMR + LM-Mage | Mako Might
    Strago R4 Chain waterja | Dispel | BSB | LM1+2 | Witch's Cackle
    Elarra R4 Curada | Mage Paeon | USB | LM1+2 | Gathering Storm
    Rydia R4 Lunar Levi | R3 Pogo | Water BSB + OSB (not used in initial run) | LM1+2 | Savior of Spira

Magicite Main - Unicorn Sub - Mega Famfrit (8 Blade ward + Health Boon) | Quetz (15 Def Boon) | Evrae (5 health boon) | Geo (15 mag boon)

Push phase 2 to skip first berserk. Blink the imperils. Keep him in enrage mode. But I'm considering breaking it when phase 3 starts. I managed to get to phase 3 on turn 19 (save 2 turns). Only thing I'm worried about is having enough steam to push before Phase 3 Turn 7/8 since I don't know if I can get tyro blink up in time.

Finally found a pattern for my mage thunder team that worked. Consistent 33~ second kill that I don't think I can really speed up but I might get a lucky kill if I get 2 or 3 quad casts from Shant at the right time with Hell Thunder. Now I can focus on my water mage team to try and take down belias, though that might be a stretch. I have Rydia's USB and maybe with Tidus's chain that will be enough, but it'll definitely be a slow kill. I don't really have another devoted water mage besides Rydia, but OK with dive, mUSB and voltech might put up enough numbers to be a valid 2nd with the chain going. That still leaves less damage than any other build, though and I don't have any other mage water SB's

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

wow, Phoenix went from super-annoying, to pretty easy, just by doubling up on healers - cant get him under 30 secs yet, but I have all weekend to tweak my strategy.

Bellias I'm still having issues with... my water mages are so wimpy. Strago about to get dived as soon as I have more spirit motes though. I might try Synistars approach.

BG Level

If you have Rosa USB, then she will be golden for blinking imperils.

I cleared Belias once I got Palom's USB. Paired with Tidus Chain and it was all good

Tidus(LD) - Sapphire Bullet | Power Break - Chain
    Palom(LD) - R4 Chain Waterja | R5 Chain Waterga
    Rydia(LD) - R4 Lunar Levi | R4 Pogo - BSB2
    Elarra(LD) - R5 Curada | Ultra Cure - USB
    OK(LD+LMR) - R4 Voltech | Protectga - mUSB

Deck: Main - Famfrit | Sub: Famfrit | Geo | Evrae (5 health boon) | <Forget last one>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    If you have Rosa USB, then she will be golden for blinking imperils.
    I cleared Belias once I got Palom's USB. Paired with Tidus Chain and it was all good
    I actually JUST picked it from the USB select (since I have Elarra, Aerith, Vivi, and Palom already). I might give her a whirl. The issue I was having was getting last Stand back up before that 9999x5 move.

Will I have enough DPS for Belias with ONLY Rydia USB (ogo/lunar levia) and OK mUSB (voltech/chain waterga) for damage while running with Tidus's Chain? I can also bring in Meia with her BSB, but that is my only other option. I'm trying to figure out if this is viable before I spend my rubies on lunar leviathan. I don't have enough for chain waterja and LL, but I also don't have either Vivi's USB or Palom's USB for double-cast shenanigans.

I don't have Rosa's USB, but I have basically all the other top-tier core healing USB's that are vogue right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Marathoned Geo and Famfrit today for 8 wins each. Didnt get either sub 30, but Geo is sub 30 with a better SB for the Vivi slot. Not worth using the USB select for either physical or magical.

Onto fire.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

which rydia ult, party buff or chase?

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    which rydia ult, party buff or chase?
    oh good call, I didn't realize both USBs were water. It's the party buff one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Finally got a reliable Belias clear. I couldn't let him stay in Rage mode since at about 30 seconds he does two large back to back moves - it just didn't work for me. Group is:

99 Tidus - Sapphire Bullet, Sapphire Shot - Chain, USB - Dr Mog
    99 Strago - Chain Waterja, Voltech - BSB, OSB - Dreamguide
    99 Rydia - Ogopogo, Lunar Leviathan - BSB2, OSB - Shcholar's Boon
    99 Elarra - Allegro, Curada - BSB, USB - Gathering Storm
    99 Tyrp - Affliction Break, Enf. Jitterbug - USB2, USB3 - Mako Might

Everyone is fully dived. Magicite is; Famfrit, Octo, Kraken, Gizma, Geosg

The Fire Barrier and Overstrike damage from Famfrit kept Belias' damage in-check, and survivable. No last stand was needed, so Ellara kept a nice pace with both Allegro and USB. Tyro opened with USB3, then as soon as gauge was re-built he used USB2 to absorb the 2nd Berzerk (damaged past the first). It ends up being a 42-54 sec win, but... I cant survive without breaking his rage mode.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Does anyone have a reliable way to beat Quetz without using Bartz whatsoever? I've been scouring the internet looking for a way to beat this magicite and I have nothing for Bartz, Cinque or Kelgar but every single video I have seen has Bartz. I feel like not beating this one is impacting me on Geosgaeno as well since if I had Quetz, feel like I could get the last 5% I need there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tardevil View Post
    Does anyone have a reliable way to beat Quetz without using Bartz whatsoever? I've been scouring the internet looking for a way to beat this magicite and I have nothing for Bartz, Cinque or Kelgar but every single video I have seen has Bartz. I feel like not beating this one is impacting me on Geosgaeno as well since if I had Quetz, feel like I could get the last 5% I need there.
    Have you honed Earth Ironfist (I think it's called..?). Tifa and Galuf do pretty well with it.

Don't really need anything FOR Cinque - other than the 2 heavy abilities (and really, Gladio or Galuf can take her place).

I have Bartz, and his USB1, but I don't really feel like he carries the team as much as is implied - I feel like I can swap him out for another spellblade user (like Paine, or Sora) and still win.

BG Level

If you have chain, then Bartz carries the fight. I clear it without Bartz but I also have relics that all work together. Here's my initial clear team NO CHAIN

Slots matter here
    Cinque | R3 Heavy Charge | R4 Stone Press | USB | LM1+LM2 | +30% Earth Damage RM (+armor/weapon earth damage)
    OK | Ultra Cure | Entrust | pUSB | Legend Dive | Dr. Mogs
    Curilla | MBD | Shellga(?) | USB | Mako Might (Eventually swap out for Guy - USB + imperil SSB Meteor Strike + R3 Gaia Rush)
    Tifa | R4 Gaia Rush | R4 Earth Ironfist | LM1+2 | BSB+OSB+AOSB | Tyro 99 RM (+weapon earth damage)
    Elarra | Curada | Protectga(?) | BSB+USB

Main - Earth Guardian Sub - Evrae (Health Boon), Something for Spell Ward, Something for Blade Ward, Catastrophe

The fight was still pretty close. 1:07 my first kill. Overtime so imperils stack fast. Thing is if possible, you need to push through phase 2 fast because Turn 10 phase 2 + Turn 1 phase 3 are imperils (Savage Thunder Call and pretty much destroy you. Now if you are able to magic blink it, then you will be good to survive phase 3. Rosa becomes a healer option along with anyone with last stand (Edge SSB or Raijin stuff)