+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

How is everyone surviving Odin? Do I need to double-up on healers?

If I don't use Ellara BSB, she and Faris die to Savage Earthquake since it hits for 9999 at the 15 second mark. I cant break him, 3x Earthwards and resist accessories don't do anything... and then when I do use her BSB, I cant build her gauge fast enough to do it again in 15 more seconds... I've moved ALL of their Magia crystals from MND to HP, and spent the week leveling a Madeen and 2x Phoenix to 99 just to get 2x HP Boons... and still, same shit.

All the videos I see online show both Ellara and Faris taking the 9999 hit, NOT procing last stand, AND not dying... wtf am I not doing?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Break 10k HP, which is possible with max HP water + Max HP magia and Triple HP boon 8 with max magicite levels.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Elarra has trouble breaking hp cap without literally everything, including a third hp boon. That said I rosa glinted my way past it (prebuff magic blink because nothing actually wipes it till the quakes; glint after first quake to blink the second; tank third one; blink fourth one).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Break 10k HP, which is possible with max HP water + Max HP magia and Triple HP boon 8 with max magicite levels.
    well crap. Im outta crystal waters until next dungeon update. >.<

I might try the Rosa glint suggestion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Rosa Glint is such a wonderful SB.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Man, I am digging my experience building 4* magicite decks. I think it's the planning/making a list and getting the sweet brain drugs from checking things off and completing my set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ark is kind of aggravating me. I should be able to sub 30, but it takes me 40-45 seconds to win and that is successful maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 runs.

I've tried Last Stand, and simply have better success breaking rage, taking the damage hit, and going with Rosa for MBlink + Haste. Neither Eiko or Aerith has gotten me a win.

I think my biggest issue is no dedicated Mnd buff, so mid fight I get gimped hard with the Mag/Mnd debuff doing like 1.5k/hit on everything. Would that be worth dropping Ramza's chain for someone like Red XIII, Mog, or Serah?

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

It's a 3 sec debuff but can put enough of a damper on you.

My run used Tyro BSB + Madeen/Alexander. You can probably slot in Goddess Paean to ignore the debuff.

Edit: I guess for the sake of full info, this was my setup and it is probably better because of Edward

Edward - Allegro | Goddess Paean - CSB - Dr Mogs
    Arc - Holy | De Dia - USB - LMR+LM2 - +30% Holy
    Tyro - Alexander | Madeen - BSB - Mako
    Elarra - Curada | Protectga (no idea why I have this slotted) - USB - LM1+2 - Gathering Storm
    Rem - Holyja | Hastega - USB2 + Awake - EnHolyLMR + LM2 - +30% Weakness RM

Lakshimi (MND Boon) | Madeenx2 (Fast Act 10, Health Boon 5, 2 irrelevant inherits) | Siren (Healing Boon + Def Boon) | Famfrit (Blade Ward + Health Boon)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah the debuff's terrible for sub 30 and hits you twice.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Thunder weak dark odin down, easiest one if you can meet the strict astra requirement (you probably don't NEED need it but it's hard without it)

BG Level

You can do it with Phys blink and have high MND characters on slot 1/5

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, you can AOE esuna it as well but each of those has different drawbacks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And fifth dark odin done, water weak. Time to take a break from odin scheming.

Each of the dark odins are different fights so it's hard to make anything more than general recommendations, but:
    -most of the dark odins only have a few kill combos, other than that they put up constant but healable damage with regenga. Kill combos can usually be countered with last stand but regenga+quickcast makes life much easier and I did not use last stand on any of the odins.
    -pro/shell/sentinel grimoire aren't always useful but showed up on two of my runs
    -awakenings: easy access to multiple overstrike damage. All awakenings are good. Even worth going off element on spellbladers, depending on how the rest of your team looks. I had at least one awakening per dark odin and usually a gen 2 chain.
    -phase 3 for the dark odins is always the same (fixed attack pattern, massive decrease in the damage you do as its def and res soar) but how you approach it varies by team. The "best" way to do it (not necessarily easiest) is to save two fab mage charges and an aosb for about 900k hp (the threshold for p3), and to unleash aosb to trigger threshold then fab mage twice - that'll cut your damage needed to 400k. Actually getting this off is hard although I did it vs the wind weak one (and it was amazing because cloud did like 600k with usb1 up and the fab mage charges did 200k, meaning it was nearly dead the moment it savage gungnired).
    -gen 1 chains are fine on a good character; tidus outperformed strago and was key to the win.
    - you can run mixed teams and take advantage of this

water weak: I had sonic strike (instant 10x, damage buff, powerchain 1), aosb, usb1 (chase) and aosb, and needed every single one of them. kimahri (aasb, imperil burst) and rydia (imperil burst,aasb, usb2 chase) tyro (divine veil, usb4) and elarra on bard duty+dispel (usb1 and usb2 crit damage buff). I was wondering why I was taking so much damage till I realized that there really aren't many relevant piercing attacks - zanokuken, one explosive flame - and everything else is balanced around being mitigated away. Once you buff up it's fairly tame aside from barwater.

ice weak: serah on gen 2 chain and usb1 (fastcast), tyro on usb4 and heal grimoire, elarra on usb1/2, squall brave usb/awakening/glint/burst, sora on aasb/ult/aosb. Some of the dark odins have a huge damage move that doesn't overflow so if you get 10k hp it won't kill you, and this is one of them (but some of them DO overflow and this won't work). ice weak does it relatively late but I did see it - fortunately it skill slashes after which won't kill you. It also makes a good time to get savage gungnired. If you can keep the savage mode down and dispel the singleton haste then you can probably just damage it down.

wind weak: cloud aosb team based on zack with zidane aasb and usb1/2 and rosa usb2. the earth savage modes greatly reduce your damage and ideally will not be allowed to build up (I did break the savage 3 level without a fab mage, so it's possible - usb1's single hit chase is normally garbage but for breaking savage modes under aasb it's great). the only way earth can kill you is with a 5 quake combo midfight...unfortunately the quakes are at .8 sec cast time and pierce. i finessed it with rosa, using glint at the start (nothing will wipe it), waiting for her turn to come up, blink first savage quake, blink second quake; tank third quake; blink fourth savage earthquake; and eat fifth one. Fun times. Zack is preferable to faris due to ease of meter gain (she really needs an IC2 or something...)

lightning weak dark odin: one aasb (sora) here. There's a 4 hit chain waterja which is not piercing and you'll want divine veil or an equivalent or last stand to tank it. There's also a massively powerful overstrike aoe unblinkable water attack that you'll need it for too. Feeding you 4 hits of meter in a single move is great for your bars though. Also it physical damage+petrifies slots 2,3,4 at the start and uses a damaging magic stop a bit after which you can blink. Astra or blink or aoe esuna (wedge default SB go go go). prompto gen 2 chain and imperil usb (the latter I only used in phase 3).

fire weak dark odin: first one I did and apparently so long ago I didn't save the team. terra and sora aasbs, vince gen 2 chain, lots of goodies all around. Fire is a very powerful element in FFRK and to compensate you face lots of piercing damage, barfires, and the big non overstrike damage move. Also it savage modes in +2 and +3s and it takes -47% damage at savage 3.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay, i felled Quetzacoatl last night and am now looking to take on King Behemoth. I posted on Discord also, but here's what I have as a setup so far:

Code:
    Hero/dive	Ability 1		Ability 2		RM/LMR				SB(-)
    Yuffie, 3	Desert Mirage R3	Shifting Sands R3	NIN Double, NIN Dam+		earth USB
    OK, 3		Chain Stonega R3	Entrust R3		IC2, BLM Double, Dr Mog		pUSB, BSB
    Arc, 3		Curada R3		Protectga R3		WHM +, WHM Double, TGM		pUSB, mUSB, Brave USB
    Galuf, 3	Gaia Rush R3		Shellga R3		MNK +, ATK +++ (MNK use)	USB, CSB
    Rydia, 3	Tital R3		Chain Stoneja R3?	SMN++, SMN Double, SMN+++	BSB
    Would Ingus be better than Yuffie or Rydia where I have his Awakening and damage reflect USB? I know physical damage taken is reduced, but he has some potential to help over the other two. I have a feeling Yuffie's shadows will not be at 2 frequently so that'll hamper her damage output.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Big Grats Vandal! As for KB, I would say bring Ingus for RS over Yuffie, Earth ninja abilities are coded as PHY, so even with chain, they'll be doing poor DMG. May also want to think on doubling up on healers and let KBs enrage mode do most of the DMG with RS, enraged mode increases his DMG alot, but also increases DMG taken, so Rydia should cap DMG with chain, with RS and Rydia, I think you might have enough DMG.

BG Level

With lenses you can pick up some SSBs to fill in some gaps. I said in Discord I used Rinoa SSB and BSB.

Ingus's CSB slots better than Galuf because of Last Stand and Power Breakdown. Otherwise you're slotting in PBD on OK. He will run out of hones if you don't have R4 Chain Stonega. Shellga is optional. In fact, here are the hones for my clear team that is really outdated.

2x R4 Chain Stonega, R4 Chain Stoneja, R4 Meltdown, R4 Titan

RM selection on Rydia will be Tifa 99 (+30% earth) since you're doing SMN + BLM.

You will not be breaking enrage so while you're damage will be up, you will get slammed really hard. It's actually better to keep KB enraged to kill him faster.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I never thought to use a full break ability in magicite. I bought it wasn’t that helpful.
    I’ll give it a shot with the suggested changes.

Edit: I didn’t realise I had Rinoa’s Brave USB. Since I have her Chain she’s also fully dived and has a lot of magia/crystal waters. Gonna slot her in.

BG Level

Breaks are there to counter buffs. KB gets a +50% atk buff on Phase 1 Turn 3. It's more of an insurance thing since 4 of the next 5 moves are physical, 2 of them earth element.

You will probably need a break for the following.
    Famfrit - Magic Breakdown for the 50% MAG buff in phase 3
    Belias - 50% atk buff. Hits even harder and faster than KB.
    Manticore - 100% RES buff in phase 2 and 3. Gotta get rid of that buff.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Good to know.

So I think, aside from people just dying to damage, I’m not even sure I have enough hones to get through the battle.

Rinoa’s BRave USB ability hits for 99999 during chain without having to cast an additional spell.
    I’ll have to try a few more times with what I have. Ingus seems to only be responsible for chain.

I think I got it down to 40% one of the tries I’ve done. I’m not sure to reapplying buffs at the 25-30s mark so I think that’s part of my problem.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Mateus also benefits greatly from a Def break of some sort. I remember being unable to clear consistently without one, and then with it moved to an easy sub 30.