+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh I didn't really mean easier then 3 stars but just the easiest among the 4 stars.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It depends more on what you have. Chain soul breaks makes things easier and you should start with that one. What ultras do you have for damage?
    Brief summary - isgebind and ix (and kraken) benefit from phys blinks. Marilith and tiamat want either sustain (I vastly prefer USBs over bursts) or a ton of damage to break through weak phases. Midgard...is pretty easy but has pretty high defense so I wouldn't say he's necessarily easier. I guess I'd say tia, isgebind, marilith and probably midgard are easier in that they have a lot of scripting going on.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Churning my way through the 4* magicites. Ixion and Migardsomor down though they were ugly fights. Last one standing is Kraken. And my lightning game is probably the weakest. May have to entrust spam Lightning OSB or use Raijin BSB as a healer and play the long game.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Finally beat shitface Kraken. Almost took a minute because my lightning game outside of Cid is weak.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    May have to entrust spam Lightning OSB or use Raijin BSB as a healer and play the long game.
    Nothing wrong with osbing here anyway, kraken's got lowish hp for a 4 star and very annoying counters!

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Almost got Kraken with TGC OSB spam. Just messed up on the back end of the fight.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

tiamat down, but in 1:04 and without mastery. flubbed inputs with squall a lot which lost me a lot of damage, should easily get it sub-1 with a couple setup refinements and better attention to what i'm doing.

really looking forward to getting up to kraken, between fully decked out TGC and kain i think i have a decent shot at sub-30ing that one.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Almost got Kraken with TGC OSB spam. Just messed up on the back end of the fight.
    This is what I did. I might have to use a third entrust.

Instead of using a third entrust consider a different strategy.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

tiamat is frustrating me too much, i'll wait for powercreep to farm that one. just an awful, awful fight.

on to midgardsormr! easy sub-1 clear on this with a bit of experimenting. my physical team (BSB2/OSB cloud, USB bartz or OSB luneth) really wasn't getting it done so i swapped to a mage team. had to craft and hone a second raging storm for edge since i don't actually have more than one wind mage and LD'ed alphinaud for the hell of it.

setup:

OK - R4 meltdown/protectga, mUSB, DMT
    edge - R3 raging storm*2, SSB2, ninja+40%
    ramza - R2 affliction break/wrath, USB, MM
    alphinaud - R3 tiamat, BSB, wind+40%
    alma - R3 curada, shellga, BSB, ace striker

i need to hone one of the raging storms to R4 as edge runs out near the end, but my dark/ice orbs are in perpetually terrible shape. i should also carry BSB on OK as he runs out of hones by the end so that'd give him something to do. all in all a very safe/stable setup, the mixed blinks from edge/alma make incoming damage very manageable, i don't think i actually had any last stand procs. cleared at about 45s, this team will never sub 30 but it can farm np so i'm satisfied with that!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally done with all 3* magicite clears, just need to finish dark ~20 more times and not only will I have all 3* magicites at 99, but also all ninja skills at R3. Yay!

Thanks synistar for the layout of your sub 30 for darkness. Clearing at a consistent 24-25 seconds with spare actions from Agrias and Raines in case RNG isn't in my favor.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Six months of powercreep from the KH banner has made some of these 4* magicites much easier.

Spoiler: show

That's my fastest clear time for any magicite ever. Sora's AOSB just wrecked Kraken for ~250k damage

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

alright i'm stumped, who's got some good-ass ixion setups that don't involve earth chain

BG Level

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...e_ixion_clear/

And I'm stuck again on Ixion after clearing him once. I'll just clear Midgardsormr a bunch more times I guess.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    alright i'm stumped, who's got some good-ass ixion setups that don't involve earth chain
    I don't know how much it'll help but I've been using this for my sub 30 runs. It relies on Maria's BSB/OSB and OK spamming meltdown. I use everyone else's USBs though. I time Minfilia's hastega to go off right around the 10 second mark to help get around that first dispelga then I have OK save his for the next savage aerospark. I've also found mblink to be more useful than pblink since the magic attacks hit much harder and it's pretty much impossible to avoid dispel.

It's still a battle with RNG with this setup though. I've had some clears that are a little over 25s but you never know how many times that asshole will spam his dispel attacks and ruin a run.

Spoiler: show

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh HELL yes, thanks for that link! modified version of the top post gave me a sub-30 mastery clear on my first attempt lol, i was trying a similar build that i put together but with healing which was all wrong. winning combo:

shelke: R3 entrust/R5 wrath, LD, ace striker - no SB
    OK: R4 meltdown/R2 entrust, LD, DMT - mUSB
    edge: R3 QH/R2 stitch, LD, MM - SSB2
    rydia: R3 titan, LD, earth+40% - BSB1/OSB
    maria: R3 chain stonega, faith, TGC - BSB

shell dragon main, earth 4*/thunder resist subs, fabula raider RW.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FINALLY cleared both Midgardsormr and Kraken with teams of:

Midgardsormr
    Alphinud BSB
    Fujin BSB/SSB/LMR
    OK mUSB
    Mog USB
    Y'shtola BSB

Kraken
    Kain LCB
    Lightning BSB2/USB
    Ramza Shout
    Realm BSB
    Y'shtola BSB

Lack of a good healer USB makes these so much harder then they should be.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Tried out the new earth nin skill on ix; slower than dingus burst but more consistent because all meter gets fed to the white mage. Somehow pen ended up magicite MVP over relm or eiko (pen makes cut on three, relm on two and eiko on one although eiko's covering my weakest element).

I guess I lucked out after all on healer USBs...

BG Level

RIP dark orbs. New abilities made Ixion way easier when I can spam Edge USB0 and do a lot of damage.

BG Level

I'm honing these too, hopefully it helps. Right now I still can't seem to beat Tiamat.