BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Alex is tricky because you have to do the Judgement properly in Phase 1 or else you wipe in Phase 3. Kind of scummy they make you still go through P2 before letting you know if you failed or not. I think there is a message between P1 and P2 to key you in, but it can disappear very fast if you aren't watching for it.

Ramuh was also the "Quetz" on release that was for whatever reason considerably harder than counterparts. From what I remembered on that fight is that it is much easier not going full throttle unless you have the healing mitigation to back it up.
    Yeah, going to take the Ramuh fight a little slower next time and use some of my older enEarth SBs and do a bigger push towards end of P2/start of P3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    One of the key things for Ramuh is to get and keep earth infusion as early as possible. Having characters enEarthed actually reduces damage they take, and reduces damage from some of Ramuh's abilities as well.
    I have a few SBs that generate enEarth, looks like I'll need start using them more and just take the battle a bit slower. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    It gives you a message but it's cryptic unless you know what it means.
    Yeah, it appears on the screen very briefly. I've gotten better with getting into P2, but still take a little too long and he does that Pain+2 AOE.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah ramuh is a bitch if you don't have a good infusion game. that said, if you have an earth sync and one other competent-ish DPS you can field it will almost completely trivialize the fight.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    Yeah, going to take the Ramuh fight a little slower next time and use some of my older enEarth SBs and do a bigger push towards end of P2/start of P3.

I have a few SBs that generate enEarth, looks like I'll need start using them more and just take the battle a bit slower. Thanks.

Yeah, it appears on the screen very briefly. I've gotten better with getting into P2, but still take a little too long and he does that Pain+2 AOE.
    Keep in mind, when you DO get into P3, you'll have to be careful with the pain status. If it reaches a certain threshold (I forget the specific #) you get an auto eject. The battle introduces an orb you have to tag with players because it attacks adding pain to characters it targets. Alexander ALSO tosses an attack out that gives two pain to all characters.

It was quite frustrating to get used to on my first clears. If you have good dark tech then you may be able to speed up enough to cut down the frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    yeah ramuh is a bitch if you don't have a good infusion game. that said, if you have an earth sync and one other competent-ish DPS you can field it will almost completely trivialize the fight.
    I returned for my magical clear with Red XIII Sync/AASB and felt bad for the old man with my 34s clear.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Been a while since I posted some wins.

Fire weak AOdin has been cleared for both types. That leaves me with just Magic Wind Weak left.

I cleared my first DB for FFIV with a sub40.

I cleared 4 of the 5 Gilgamesh D550 battles out, and I beleive I can get the IX battle wrapped up here today.

I feel like there were some other battles that I did as well, but they aren't coming to me.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I finally nabbed Edge sync, beat all Greg battles.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Man, what a difference a week makes.

I've cleared V, IX, VII, and X DBs over the last week (all sub 40, though V was a dick). That seemed to be much farther away than it felt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Man, what a difference a week makes.

I've cleared V, IX, VII, and X DBs over the last week (all sub 40, though V was a dick). That seemed to be much farther away than it felt.
    What was the IV DB party you used earlier? I need one more clear after eeking out a sub 30 on VI last night.

Pecil Dyad, Awakening, AOSB
    Rydia decked out
    Edward Chain, Awakening
    Kain Awakening, AOSB
    Rosa Glint, USB1/2, Awakening

Not much in the way of damage for Edge, but I have his USB, SSB, Glint + and all Materia. HC at 80 vs Holy Magicite (but that would leave Kain hurting).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My setup was:
    Edward CSB, USB
    Rosa G+, USB (regen/qc2), AASB
    Pecil G1, G2, bUSB, USB(infusion), AASB (geared for MND)
    Palom G(vuln ++), AOSB, USB(dual cast), AASB
    Edge USB0, AASB, Sync

I took magicite which isn't saved for some reason, but I would do this:
    Odin, Ramuh (Lightning ATK x2), 6* Magicite(HP x2), Madeen MAGx2, Madeen HP, Healing

I don't know if he uses any specific element, but if he did I'd toss a defensive for that element as my second 6*.
    I actually popped Edward chain when he was primed, then popped RW chain after.

Looking back at this, I'd likely try to go full Physical instead, and take Kain with AASB/Sync1. Maybe put in Tyro instead of Edward.