BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I dislike games being remade in 3D but.... I fucking loved this game.
    I concur. I don't know if the latter will be enough to get past the former though.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Never played this, but Seiken Densetsu 3 yes plz kthx

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Never played this, but Seiken Densetsu 3 yes plz kthx
    wait

you never played secret of mana?

like, really?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Saw this at PAX, and while it does look really nice, it also lacked all of the charm that I remember of the SNES game. Only the boy was playable, but I'd be interested to see how all three characters interact further in the game, where it can be more chaotic, but for now, I don't see myself picking this up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

OMG that old-school sprite mini-map :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Saw this at PAX, and while it does look really nice, it also lacked all of the charm that I remember of the SNES game. Only the boy was playable, but I'd be interested to see how all three characters interact further in the game, where it can be more chaotic, but for now, I don't see myself picking this up.
    I honestly expect a 1:1 remake with updated graphics and a new translation

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

how the fuck did i miss this o.o i will have wet dreams

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    holy shit it's about as close to 1:1 as you could ask for. my hype level just skyrocketed.

I would love to see some of the original content that was cut out of the CD version added back in, but that's probably too much to ask... and it might just make things worse in the end.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    holy shit it's about as close to 1:1 as you could ask for. my hype level just skyrocketed.
    Was pretty how Adventures of Mana was, right down to randomly appearing enemies every screen and retarded companion AI (same as it was on the Gameboy). Actually that was more 1:1 than this. Seems they took some artistic liberties with foliage/tree/rock placement in Secret of Mana here to give it a less tiled look than Adventures was, which I'm all for.

I don't know how I feel about the camera cuts during a cutscene though, it seems to show the budget presentation off a little too close for comfort.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

I would love to see some of the original content that was cut out of the CD version added back in, but that's probably too much to ask... and it might just make things worse in the end.
    Square Enix.

It'll be DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Was pretty how Adventures of Mana was, right down to randomly appearing enemies every screen and retarded companion AI (same as it was on the Gameboy). Actually that was more 1:1 than this. Seems they took some artistic liberties with foliage/tree/rock placement in Secret of Mana here to give it a less tiled look than Adventures was, which I'm all for.

I don't know how I feel about the camera cuts during a cutscene though, it seems to show the budget presentation off a little too close for comfort.
    Yeah, probably will get used to it eventually but it is a little off. All I'm wondering is if they fix chain spell casting for hax leveling magic.

Didn't switch music at boss fight. Will not buy. Seriously though this looks amazing. After the last few years of SE, I'm a bit surprised how much care is being put into this. I am really looking forward to this without a doubt. Yes I did need to look up the boss music after watching that for a quick listen >.>

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There was no music though; the guy who made the vid just layed 1 BGM over it for th entire thing.

The game better have a hard mode, or it'll be pretty easy for veterans. The first boss didn't even cast magic in the remake lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

At PAX, the boss had the same music that you would expect to be playing there; I also got to see some of Luka at the water temple before I moved on. They took a lot of care to keep the score very similar to the original, while still updating it to modern standards.

Also, we probably won't see the cut content because most of that got pushed into Chrono Trigger.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, I don't think it was cut content in the sense that XIII had a bunch of leftover stuff laying around for another game, but cut content that was removed for space restrictions and tried out in other titles.

That said, I do hope they fix some of the story pacing issues around the time of Sage Joch and the resurrection of the Mana Fortress, return to the original intent of a darker game, and give a little more backstory to characters like Jema and Truffle.

Also, please fix those 2 short as hell palaces that take like 5 minutes. I think it was Lumina and Luna.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Jin's palace also only took 1 min lol, unless you count the the 4 seasons zone before it as part of it.

Also, I wondered if anyone recalled the Tree Palace -> Pureland part of the game...

Basically, when I was a wee young lad playing this game, I did not walk/explore around fully enough after beating Tree Palace to find Neko. As a result, I went into Pureland with basically a huge discrepancy in my gear vs what I should actually be wearing causing a massive surge in difficulty.

Looking at the item chart. My helm only had +70 DEF on it, and the gear one should be wearing sold from Neko had +140 DEF on it. Body had +140 DEF, but Neko sells one for +240 DEF

Even after the discovery of Neko, unless I farmed/grinded hard in the game prior to that point, it was somewhat hard to had the money ready to kit all 3 chars with the armor required to survive Pureland mobs.

I wonder if inbetween that part was where some content was cut and they neglected to add anything to compensate for it. Without the right gear, Pureland mobs spanked you hard.

They need to fix this in my opinion.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Could stand to up the drop rate on the last weapon level orbs too; you could farm for hours and never see them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Could stand to up the drop rate on the last weapon level orbs too; you could farm for hours and never see them.
    Part of me hopes they leave this in since it was more of a "oh wow..you can get another weapon level?" surprise if you didn't know of their existence, especially with almost no internet back then or purchased a guide, but the other part of me is I hope they change that system entirely just to streamline it a bit more since iirc (been like 20+ years) axe and glove I believe had 1 less overall orb so you ended up getting 2 orbs in the end you had to grind for.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

IGN has a video floating around that's roughly 11 minutes showing off the gameplay. They're using the OST from SNES and apparently no mouth movements and everything is VA'd that was shown off. It looks cheap and just hoping that it's just a rough version of the game.. No reason the thing couldn't run on Switch, I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't see an announcement for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast