+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2017 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    i doubt anyone here enjoys it but for some reason I find net-juu no susume really charming
    For what it's worth, I'm enjoying it too.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I've also been enjoying it, it's just not a show that gives you a lot to talk about.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

ah, I just assumed no one followed it lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Inuyashiki
    Well it's truly the author of Gantz.
    Spoiler: show

Star Vs The Forces Of Evil- Season 3
    Calling all fans of Star Butterfly! To kick-off season three, a two-week strip of all-new Star vs. The Forces of Evil episodes will premiere beginning Monday November 6th and run through November 16th (Monday-Thursday), including a one-hour mid-season finale on November 16th. Each episode will premiere at 7am and encore same day at 11am, 5pm and 8:30pm on Disney XD.

And look! Here’s an advance clip from Monday’s season premiere: “Scent of a Hoodie” – in which Star goes to the Royal Laundry, and meets the Knight of the Wash.
    Star needs some help

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So ready for season 2.

CGI looks better than Season 1.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Star Vs The Forces Of Evil Season 3-Scent of a Hoodie/Rest in Pudding

Awesome start to a new season. Can't say I'm not excited for what's to come. I'm very curious to see how the whole thing with Eclipsa plays out(she is in tomorrows episode). I really do feel like it could go either way with her being the new main villain or being an unexpected ally.

Star and Marco need to admit their feelings.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Transformers: Titans Return - November 14th - go90
    Titans Return picks up where the destruction of Combiner Wars left off when a new threat is revealed in the form of the massive Titan named Trypticon, who has awakened under mysterious circumstances to wreak havoc on Cybertron.
    https://www.go90.com/shows/3OhDENwXXKe

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

So since we were talking about it last week, what did people think of the most recent Net-juu? Seems like we're headed towards the big reveal next episode but it's so early in the series.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Isn't it only a 10 episode series?

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Even if that's the case I would've expected this in episode 8 or even 9, not 6.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So I was interested in Houseki no kuni but I wasn't sure about the CG art and the first episode didn't do a lot for me.
    But I wanted to give it a fair chance so I pressed on. It's definitely a weird series, but I was completely sold on it after episode 3.

I don't think many anime fans are watching this series, which is a shame. Despite the CG and therefore a couple areas looking a bit off at times (mainly facial expressions), there are far more scenes that benefit from the CG and are quite lovely. I understand the choice to use CG because of the gem aspect of the characters; their hair and such couldn't be so lustrous without the CG treatment. The action especially is really good, smooth, easy to follow and pretty amazing. Especially for the antagonist, the Lunarians, their musical cues and art are just fantastic and eerie. After ep. 5 or 6, I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of this series.

If you like stuff like Utena or RWBY you'd probably like this series. If you think you hate CG series give it a try, too. Give it until at least ep.3, because it took that long to sell me. The first two eps have a lot of pointless and meandering scenes, but they build some important plot elements so the story can really get started in the third episode. Maybe some wouldn't liken it to Utena because the art and story are completely different, but the "weirdness/artistic vibe" both series give off is pretty similar to me.

I posted some stuff about that a while ago but yeah episode 3 is a definite turning point for the animation in general, and the story/characters just get more interesting from there on. I wouldn't say the first two episodes are pointless since they do a good job of making the world and characters seem grounded before the weird shit starts to happen. Saying it's like anything seems misleading since I haven't really seen a show like this.

The CG gets better or at least you get used to it, but in the first place it makes perfect sense and actually makes the characters look amazing.

This and Children of the Sand Whales are probably my favourites this season. The stories for both are intriguing and paced well.

This episode of Gintama is amazing. Pretty much what I've been missing from the series for a while lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    This episode of Gintama is amazing. Pretty much what I've been missing from the series for a while lol
    Peak Gintama. Setting up the most serious of encounters... only to have 10 minutes of poop lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally achieve perfect score.

In other news it seems they have semi successful actually gotten people to read the manga just to see if the source material was actually this bad

I did, it was alright. Asta is still constantly screaming so I imagine the anime is just gonna be this way until it ends. It's pretty average shounen with some nice art here and there, and the characters are less annoying than you would imagine (even Asta) in text.

Can't say I recommend it unless the anime interested you that much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Problem is one of the big selling points of the manga was it was a decent old shounen but paced much better... nothing really new or exciting but really it's hard to really innovate with how much several others have. And not sure if intentional but almost seems to use the old shounen tropes to it's advantage. Like it's all stuff we've seen before so no need to spend much time explaining Sasuke Yuno and get to the meat of the story and action scenes.

While the anime already seems to think it's an old shounen anime where you can just keep running forever and have to do filler as they catch up (unlike more modern ones that do seasons then come back next year or something). Except it's starting with filler on episode one and instead of being episodes you can skip they are woven into each episode so far.

The chapters are short so spending 20+ mins on one feels like a lot of wasted time as well. I'd imagine you could probably fit 2 chapters per episode at least, unless something awesome happened (hint, it hasn't).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haven't fully kept up but last I saw they were averaging something like 1.5 episodes per chapter... and yeah way too early to have things worth dragging out. At least it makes itself something easy to skip this season though and give me more time to this season enjoy the best shounen has to offer

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Star Vs The Forces Of Evil Season 3-Sweet Dreams/Lava Lake Beach

So I caught up with the latest episodes. I think the biggest surprises for me have been with Sophomore Slump, Demoncism and Stranger Danger. I find it funny the roles have reversed with Star and Marco.

Poor Marco

I still don't trust Eclipsa but her scene was funny and adorable.

I honestly don’t see them as a thing, but it was still nice for her to comfort Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast