Thread: Fall Anime 2017 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fall Anime 2017 Thread

Just about time to start looking at the fall season; most of these shows will begin airing in about 4 weeks.

Interactive chart: http://anichart.net/Fall-2017

Image chart:

Spoiler: show

Interesting shows (for me):

Kekkai Sensen S2 - Goes without saying this is a watch, S1 was really good and I'm going to watch anything Nightow puts out.

UQ Holder! - I'm going to angrily watch this. They're animating the sequel to a show that deserves a proper anime a lot more than this does. (Negima!)

Kino's Journey continuation - This show is anime legend. I'm pretty shocked it's getting a new season.

More Gintama - Because it's Gintama.

VANISHING LINE - Token original series of the season that will attract a lot of initial views.

My takeaways from this season is that there are a very small number of shows that actually look good. There are also very few original series. There are a lot of very promising shows coming early next year though, so we can look forward to winter for that at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm link is a bit different than the image.

I'll add things that will probably be good just based on what I already know/previous seasons.

3-gatsu, Shokugeki no Souma duh, Umaru, Fate/Apocrypha and Heavens feel

Some quick glances at PVs and the descriptions others that look interesting Inuyashiki, ousama game, Dies Irae

Handful of movies and slow releasing ovas too

Based on my own tastes, this one's feeling even worse than the current for content. Which isn't a good thing.

Maybe some youtube pitches will win me over when they start rolling in.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am of the polar opposite opinion. Fall looks waaaaaaaay better then what we currently got for Summer

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Based on my own tastes, this one's feeling even worse than the current for content. Which isn't a good thing.
    I´m 100% with you on this. Massively disappointed right now FeelsBadMan

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel about the same about this season as last. That said like 90% of the seasons seem not great outside of anticipated returns of some shows but then a few end up being unexpectedly great. I wasn't even sure I'd give 3-Gatsu a try and from episode 1 it became my favorite of the season.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I feel about the same about this season as last. That said like 90% of the seasons seem not great outside of anticipated returns of some shows but then a few end up being unexpectedly great. I wasn't even sure I'd give 3-Gatsu a try and from episode 1 it became my favorite of the season.
    3-Gatsu alone is reason enough to look forward to Fall, let alone Gintama. Osomatsu should be fun too, I enjoyed the first season. I'm surprised Ballroom E Youkoso is continuing. I thought it would only be 1 cour. But being 2, that just means awesome redhead will be introduced and I can actually start watching the anime.

I mean, obviously opinions are subjective and etc etc, but this season outside of Saturday with BnHA and DBS, all I really have to look forward to each week are Sakura Quest on Wednesdays (which has been really good) and Gamers on Thursdays (which so far has been a rollercoaster of "this is great" and "this is fucking garbage").

3-gatsu no Lion 2 is a no brainer (the only thing I didn't like about the first season was that it ended)
    Gintama cuz Gintama
    Kekkai Sensen because the first season was fun and had great animation
    Love Live because the first season was surprisingly good
    Osomatsu because while the first season was super hit or miss when it hits it hits hard
    Shokugeki no Souma because hell yeah
    Yuuki Yuuna because while it wasn't as Madoka as Madoka, I feel like it didn't really try to be but succeeded best

Heaven's Feel and more Thunderbolt too. Looks like a decent season even without counting stuff that is surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I mean, obviously opinions are subjective and etc etc, but this season outside of Saturday with BnHA and DBS, all I really have to look forward to each week are Sakura Quest on Wednesdays (which has been really good) and Gamers on Thursdays (which so far has been a rollercoaster of "this is great" and "this is fucking garbage").
    This season is OK overall now that I've watched more stuff. But most of it is during the weekend period since most of the week is dry as fuck.

Aho Girl is consistent
    Guru Guru is still fun and nostalgic
    Classroom of the Elite is interesting and looks nice
    Sakura Quest is generally just high quality
    Made in Abyss gets more interesting
    Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Souls continues to be good.

But weekend has

Hero Academia
    DBS
    Kakegurui
    Princess Principal (way more interesting after the 1st episode honestly, seems almost like it might have been a mistake to start there lol)
    Welcome to the Ballroom (Yuri on Ice with 50% more Yuri cuz there are girls), I actually should talk about this in the other thread since it's a beautifully animated show
    Fate/Apoc

Monday is monday cuz of Rick and Morty and GoT but...GoT has been pretty eh lately.

Well, I'm not on the Gintama train because I don't really have it in me to jump into a few hundred episode series this late in the game. Meanwhile, while KS may've been pretty, the plot seemed, for the lack of a better word, shit. The delay and what felt like a rush job of the end of S1 didn't help my opinion any. If it turns out people are gushing over it a few weeks in, maybe I'll give it a second shot, but it'll just sit comfortably in the overhyped category for now.

Souma's about the only continuation I'm excited for, in part because I don't intentionally follow the manga. But again, I'm waiting more on previews to try and win me over.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BOOOO new Wixoss season was pushed back to 2018.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Current season is ok… but I think it was the first season I had less than 10 animes to watch during a single season… barely even five! (Both must watch and check out list)
    Fall seasons looking better though…!

My list~!
    Must Watch list

Black Clover – Amazing manga, I’m hoping the anime is just as good, and filled with action… although it somewhat lacks in the ecchi department, it makes up with great fighting scenes.
    Kekkai Sensen & Beyond – First season was amazing
    UQ Holder! Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 – Ecchi + action + lots more ecchi (BD better be uncensored!)
    Gintama – Because Gintama
    Overlord Movie – Going to check it out if it’s like a second season part.
    Sword Art Online Movie – Going to check out if it’s different from the animes.

Will check out list

Dies Irae – Looks to be interesting
    Mahoutsukai no Yome – Not a bad manga, the random episodes over the years… were nice too, so will check out the animation.
    Dia Horizon – Fantasy world + women
    Konohana Kitan – Fox Girl
    Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken – What a weird title.. but its plot is about a girl doing too many sexual things… /watch
    Shokugeki no Souma: san no Sara – Hope it won’t be as meh as the manga has been doing for awhile O_o
    Juuni Tiasen – Looks like it could be interesting

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Sword Art Online Movie – Going to check out if it’s different from the animes.
    I thought you got to watch it in theaters? Either way it's just the BD/DVD release so sure if you wanted to could find a rip already. It's different than any part in the series I think and from reviews kind of decent

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The SAO movie is online in a really shitty cam rip IIRC (might be a better quality out there but I haven't looked since initially watching). So if you really want to watch it, it's there. My thoughts on it (opinion mostly, but spoilers are spoilers)

Spoiler: show
    I mean, it's pretty par for the course. Not great but not terrible. Not quite as awesome as the first season when they were all legit trapped in a life and death game but no where near as lame as GGO or that Elf game arc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Meanwhile, while KS may've been pretty, the plot seemed, for the lack of a better word, shit. The delay and what felt like a rush job of the end of S1 didn't help my opinion any. If it turns out people are gushing over it a few weeks in, maybe I'll give it a second shot, but it'll just sit comfortably in the overhyped category for now.
    I found Kekkai Sensen very good visually, but the story didn't work for me in the end. I'm not sure if I wasn't paying close enough attention when I'd decide to watch it but it ultimately left me confused. I'd probably need to rewatch the last few episodes before attempting to watch season 2.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

UQ Holder! Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 – Ecchi + action + lots more ecchi (BD better be uncensored!)
    There is an upcoming OVA. featuring an original scene where UQ members go to a hot spring and discuss their first loves. will release on September 8th. check it out as it will tell you if it will be uncensored.

Again this the OVA and doesn't include scenes from TV series.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I thought you got to watch it in theaters? Either way it's just the BD/DVD release so sure if you wanted to could find a rip already. It's different than any part in the series I think and from reviews kind of decent
    Oh, I was thinking like... later this year "newer" SAO movie. I went to watch "Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?" movie... and debating to go watch Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution next month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, I was thinking like... later this year "newer" SAO movie. I went to watch "Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?" movie... and debating to go watch Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution next month.
    Ah yeah it's just Ordinal. Didn't even know they were coming out with another one. Man wish I could see more of these in theaters too though

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Ah yeah it's just Ordinal. Didn't even know they were coming out with another one. Man wish I could see more of these in theaters too though
    Come to Japan, and its pretty easy to go to the theaters with no Japanese knowledge. All you need to know, is how to swap trains (which has labels of places etc in English) and GPS to guide you around town~! Getting a ticket either online or at the theater.. is in English so no problems

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

UQ Holder, CCS OAV, and Fate:Heaven's Seal Movie are my highlights. Yum.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Come to Japan, and its pretty easy to go to the theaters with no Japanese knowledge. All you need to know, is how to swap trains (which has labels of places etc in English) and GPS to guide you around town~! Getting a ticket either online or at the theater.. is in English so no problems
    So if you don't speak any Japanese it's very easy to get to a movie... which will be entirely in Japanese.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast