+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Beavers are definitely not great, but man Ryan Nall is a fucking beast
    I was at the game, and was chatting with the Cougar fans around me. At the beginning of the game, I was like "Yeah, he's our one good player." And over the course of the game, basically all of the fans, at one point or another, mentioned "There's your one good player" again. Dude is a beast. Too bad everyone else on the team sucks. And losing the QB, probably for the season, doesn't help. The Beavers' next four games are Washington, USC, Colorado, and Stanford, so yeah, they're not sniffing a close game anytime soon.

The Beavers may be awful at football, but they're great for my gambling game. In two weeks, I've more than quintupled my money.

Next week, they're opening up as 17 point underdogs against Bye, and I think I might double up again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Is Action Jackson ded, or just the Heisman hype?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

His receivers are apparently dead. That, and getting 40+ yard run called back on a chop block only to follow with a pick 6 hurts.

Dropped passes, penalties, a shitty defense and Brent venebles.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Double post, Watson 19 picks.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Louisville defense is really really bad lol. I guess we miss Todd Grantham? Sad.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Motherfucking Vandy with a huge win against K St; first W over a ranked non-conf opponent in over 70 years. Was at a huge watch party in SF; great time and quite hammered.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Tyche, why is Jackson still in against our 3rd team? More stat padding??

edit: Tyche? TYYYCCHEEEE WHERE ARE YOUUUU??!! DO WE NEED TO SEND A SEARCH PARTY?!!??!!

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Out of all directions you could have gone, such as hey we destroyed your team on their home field, you still mad that your quarterback who threw 19 interceptions didn't win the Heisman over somebody that had won the best tistical college football seasons ever. That's a new level of mad.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Out of all directions you could have gone, such as hey we destroyed your team on their home field, you still mad that your quarterback who threw 19 interceptions didn't win the Heisman over somebody that had won the best tistical college football seasons ever. That's a new level of mad.
    Some random dude asked me today at lunch if I thought we could handle Jackson. I just laughed. I told him I thought we win by 3 TD. Mad? No, not mad. I think it's hilarious that Jackson had to use garbage time against our 3's to try to make his game look better. And then those 3's held him out of the endzone on that final drive!

That's not a win, that's domination.

He's a fantastic player, no doubt. But unfortunately for him it's a team game. This isn't boxing, it's football. So you can keep the Heisman. I'll take the utter demolishment of your team all day long. I'm just glad I don't have to hear any whining about 1st down markers for the rest of the season.

And to cap off a fantastic day, SCar got their asses beat at home by Kentucky. HAH!

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Given, I didn't have the influence of HD video and announcers to alter my super hot take, but I don't think it was really Jackson that you guys stopped or "handled". Heck, he had a 40-something yard run brought back on a penalty. Jackson didn't have near as bad a day as his receivers. Maybe if I went back and watched it on TV instead of live, I'd feel different. I thought Venebles called a remarkable game, which isn't such a surprise. Jackson had limited good looks because Venable's knows how to call a defense, but he didn't take 10 sacks either. And when he actually did have a decent look, his WRs didn't help. And god, the Louisville defense showed why they gave up over 30 ppg to Purdue and UNC. Because they're bad. Really bad.

So you can continue to be upset over Lamar, but if the dude was on your team, tigernet would be covered in the semen of your massive circlejerking of last year's Heisman. If the voting was even remotely close, I could almost understand your sentiment, but Jackson had the 6th highest percentage of points in history.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Fucking Texas..... Couldn't hold onto a lead for fifty fucking seconds... Fuckers...........

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Given, I didn't have the influence of HD video and announcers to alter my super hot take, but I don't think it was really Jackson that you guys stopped or "handled". Heck, he had a 40-something yard run brought back on a penalty. Jackson didn't have near as bad a day as his receivers. Maybe if I went back and watched it on TV instead of live, I'd feel different. I thought Venebles called a remarkable game, which isn't such a surprise. Jackson had limited good looks because Venable's knows how to call a defense, but he didn't take 10 sacks either. And when he actually did have a decent look, his WRs didn't help. And god, the Louisville defense showed why they gave up over 30 ppg to Purdue and UNC. Because they're bad. Really bad.

So you can continue to be upset over Lamar, but if the dude was on your team, tigernet would be covered in the semen of your massive circlejerking of last year's Heisman. If the voting was even remotely close, I could almost understand your sentiment, but Jackson had the 6th highest percentage of points in history.
    He missed a TON of receivers (some more open than others). They had a couple drops, but he flat-out missed them way too often.

Like I said, he's an amazing athlete. The media hype is just fucking irritating though, and to be told all week that our defense won't be able to handle him just makes it that much sweeter.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It's cute that you guys think the Heisman race wasn't locked up by HORNIBROOK with his 18-19 (one drop) 4 TD masterpiece yesterday.

HORNI FOR HORNIBROOK

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    It's cute that you guys think the Heisman race wasn't locked up by HORNIBROOK with his 18-19 (one drop) 4 TD masterpiece yesterday.

HORNI FOR HORNIBROOK

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Did he vault somebody from a team ranked 90th or below?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The gods have made their will known.

In the name of King Nicholas Saban, first of his name, Coren is recognized as having the superior penis.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The gods have made their will known.

In the name of King Nicholas Saban, first of his name, Coren is recognized as having the superior penis.
    I've heard rumors that his squire, Sir Smart of Kirbington, prefers the Chubb.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

RUTGERS got slapped with two years probation and recruiting restrictions due to the stuff that happened when kyle flood was coaching

stuff that wasn't reported before: Rutgers had players that failed drug tests and they let them play anyway

RUTGERS!

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

but surely this will all be worth it if we beat Nebraska today

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Holy shit refs are hosing the Noles today

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    RUTGERS got slapped with two years probation and recruiting restrictions due to the stuff that happened when kyle flood was coaching

stuff that wasn't reported before: Rutgers had players that failed drug tests and they let them play anyway

RUTGERS!
    They got it light. I was reading about it yesterday, basically a non-punishment.

Sounds like Gopha is losing Duke McGhee for team violations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast