+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i dunno, looking at the 3 renewal banner i'm inclined to agree with alk; the only 6* items there are luneth and OK OSB. if it were half-price i'd say it's worth it to shore up RS but the pool is pretty lackluster. if you want to spend 50 mythril for some FF3 relics there's an event coming up soon with a much better banner format.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

It's not a universal constant though. Some of the realms actually have relatively small pools with useful relics.

I mean, you want to not pull on any that's fine but it's ridiculous to say they're ALL traps.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is there any faster way to convert crystals to eggs? I forgot to do it in a long time and now I have like 300 things to click through.

BG Level

Nope.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Got sweet sweet revenge against "Twins of Mysidia" Cagnazzo Ult+, the only one I was unable to win against. Power creep was largely evident when I ignored his Tsunamis as Noctis and Lightning were fucking him up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    It's not a universal constant though. Some of the realms actually have relatively small pools with useful relics.

I mean, you want to not pull on any that's fine but it's ridiculous to say they're ALL traps.
    Which realms are we talking about here exactly? FFI has a small pool and most of it is outdated stuff, next is XI which is the same banner from "Women of the World" event (plus maybe Curilla BSB) and it's a 3-4 months old event, XV has the same relics from the last event back in August (the current banner has a better selection of relics) and the same goes for Type-0. Except for XI every single realm has better banners coming up with a more restricted (and thus curated) selection of relics. Some even appear in the new format with four 6* relics and no SSBs.
    How are these not full priced Lucky Draws exactly? The main point of a LD is that it has a huge pool of relics but that gamble is offset by the reduced cost. These are the same except for the full price part and even the realms with restricted pools are from events that are 2 months old at best. And yeah, I'm well aware that our usual LDs have 3-4 realms included but we've also had LDs with 16 relics in them.
    Unless you're chasing Noctis stuff or are desperate for (old) XI relics these aren't worth the investment at all. Sure, some are better than others but you're still pulling on banners from August (or earlier). I would actually have no problems if these included all the relics released before them, that'd be a gamble worth taking in some cases.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Short form for anyone playing.

Your realm synergy sucks = maybe worth a pull
    Your realm synergy is passable (eg. missing hastega but ok dps/healing coverage) = Trap

To say they are all traps, shit banners, etc is taking it a bit too far. Only true trap I will say is FFT since the god banner is within an 8 week window.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I would say that popular realms might be a trap since we get lots of events, which means banners are bigger and less chance to get what you need/good stuff

But for smaller realms that have less events I-II-XI-XV might be good since we don<t get alot of events so smaller pools

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hello,

Recently jumped back into FFRK after several months of break and I must admit I am a bit lost. I have catched up all the dungeons and I am working on the current renew events. I have cleared all nightmares except the 12th one and I have hard time beating anything 200+. Could you guys tell me which 5* or even 6* abi I should craft/hone?

I have got some USB/OSB recently but I honestly don't know on what to focus first in order to close the gap to beat hardest content.

Thx for your help!

BG Level

Jump into discord.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What's Discord?

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by psykopat View Post
    What's Discord?
    Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    A lot of us are on the BG discord server. Occasionally we try and get Multiplayer groups up but most of the time we're busy driving, working, or doing other things that we ignore our phones. We do give each other advice on party builds and the like. And we all go "God Damn it Lani" when she posts a pull.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

it's the BG chat server, there should be a link from the forum front page. there's an FFRK channel that's pretty active, so you can always solicit some good advice that way. if you can post a list of your good soul breaks here we can probably figure something out too.

BG Level

Also since it sounds like you may be missing a few key pieces of information, we can break things down into catergories.

1a) What native haste-buffs do you have (Shout, OK BSB, Rikku USB, etc.)
    1b) What native boosts do you have (Sheepsong, Shout, OK BSB/Rikku USB, Red XIII USB, Cruilla USB, etc)
    2) What powerful SBs do you have into these catergories
    --a) Game breakers (Cloud USB, Raines BSB)
    --b) Medicas (addendum to 2a - Rosa, Eiko, Selphie, Relm USB - Yshtola, Vanille, Larsa BSB)
    --c) Support SBs (Setzer, Faris, Gordon. Dancers like Cait Sith, Rikku, Faris again)
    --d) High sustainable DPS (Squall BSB2, Bartz USB, Terra's OSB/USB)
    3) Hones
    --a) Full Break (and Multi-Break) R2 minimum, R3 for safety
    --b) 4* Breakdowns, namely Magic and Power. R4 for comfort, R5 if you're lacking a BSB. 4* dances can also fit into here.
    --c) Curaja R5 > Ultra Cure R3 > Curada R2. All depends on how long the fight is. You can get away with Curada R2 if you have a Healing BSB
    --d) DPS hones. R4 Lifesiphon, R5 4* Black mage spells
    --e) Luxury hones - 5* abilities that work with your relics. ex - R3 Reflection/R3 Raging Waters if you have Edge USB. R3 5* Spellblade twinstrikes for Bartz, or R4 4* spellblades if you can't afford the orbs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There any must kill events/drops? I can't see myself capping out all of this stuff after II and IV suddenly showed up to make me realize there were gonna be alot more events to kill than I can possibly bulldoze through.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

that FF2 one with the giants at the end has the multi-resist accessory, if you didn't finish it already it's 100% worthwhile, especially if you happened to miss the greens shop accessories. FF3 dungeons are available for onion knight motes if you still need them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Loving these Renewal Dungeons. I took a break for a few months and now I get to do the events I missed and some of the final bosses that I couldn't do. Don't even know which events I missed but so far it's been an entire IV event and 2 V events.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Also since it sounds like you may be missing a few key pieces of information, we can break things down into catergories.

1a) What native haste-buffs do you have (Shout, OK BSB, Rikku USB, etc.)
    1b) What native boosts do you have (Sheepsong, Shout, OK BSB/Rikku USB, Red XIII USB, Cruilla USB, etc)
    2) What powerful SBs do you have into these catergories
    --a) Game breakers (Cloud USB, Raines BSB)
    --b) Medicas (addendum to 2a - Rosa, Eiko, Selphie, Relm USB - Yshtola, Vanille, Larsa BSB)
    --c) Support SBs (Setzer, Faris, Gordon. Dancers like Cait Sith, Rikku, Faris again)
    --d) High sustainable DPS (Squall BSB2, Bartz USB, Terra's OSB/USB)
    3) Hones
    --a) Full Break (and Multi-Break) R2 minimum, R3 for safety
    --b) 4* Breakdowns, namely Magic and Power. R4 for comfort, R5 if you're lacking a BSB. 4* dances can also fit into here.
    --c) Curaja R5 > Ultra Cure R3 > Curada R2. All depends on how long the fight is. You can get away with Curada R2 if you have a Healing BSB
    --d) DPS hones. R4 Lifesiphon, R5 4* Black mage spells
    --e) Luxury hones - 5* abilities that work with your relics. ex - R3 Reflection/R3 Raging Waters if you have Edge USB. R3 5* Spellblade twinstrikes for Bartz, or R4 4* spellblades if you can't afford the orbs.
    When reading your post I realized I have a lots of stuff you list.
    1a) Shout, Divine Guardian, Mighty Guard (quistis) and other hastega stuff
    1b) Sheepsong, Shout
    2) List of USB: Cloud, Seifer, Edge, lolTyro, Faris and Aerith
    List of OSB: OK, Locke, Lightning, Beatrix, Steiner, Tifa, Cid Raines, Fujin and Luneth
    A decent list of BSB including Cid Raines
    3)
    a) Full Break R2
    b) All breakdowns R4, 4* dances R4 and multi break R2
    c) Curaja R5, Curada R2, Ultra Cure R4, I have Vanille BSB
    d) Lifesiphon R4 x3, All 4*mages spells R5
    e) I have Edge USB so this is a great exemple. I have R4 4* spellblades and R2 tornado and earth strike
    From what I see I should have enough to deal with hardest content. But the few times I tried Torment I went out of abi pretty fast and ended up dieing because no more hones.
    My setup might be the issue too, I usually go with 2 DPS, 1 Healer, Tyro (for wall) and Ramza for Shout and breaks. Is there a better wall nowadays or a way to avoid using Tyro ? It’s useful for objectives but he’s weak like a paper…

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Jesus, there is a lot of content from those Renewal Dungeons. I'm struggling to keep up with them as they add them.
    I am happy I got the Rydia wardrobe thing. I finally have my final FF4 party the way I want it.

I'm still working on getting a party of 65+ characters. I seem to be swimming in Growth eggs now though. All these renewal dungeons seem to have duplicate character unlocks.

BG Level

I'm jealous that some of you haven't finished them. I've done them all. No extra mythrils for me, lol.