+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hrm, have 100 mythril, should I pull two FF4s banners?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ehh, i'd lean towards no on the CT banners, while they do have lots of good stuff that's counterbalanced by also having all of the oldest, most useless SSBs in the pool as well.

How are people doing on the new CT? This one appears leagues ahead of the last on in terms of difficulty for me. The damage put out by the bosses this time is just not even comparable to last time, it seems. I've had to bring 2 healers (or 1 healer + support that does a fair amount of healing) just to keep up with the damage, which has meant a sacrifice in offense and I'm consistently only getting Expert by losing 2 to damage and 1 to actions. I don't know if I just need to rethink my strats or what. Looks like for my first run I'll simply be shooting for the CM's and then I'll come back through and clean up 1 at a time for Champion

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    How are people doing on the new CT? This one appears leagues ahead of the last on in terms of difficulty for me. The damage put out by the bosses this time is just not even comparable to last time, it seems. I've had to bring 2 healers (or 1 healer + support that does a fair amount of healing) just to keep up with the damage, which has meant a sacrifice in offense and I'm consistently only getting Expert by losing 2 to damage and 1 to actions. I don't know if I just need to rethink my strats or what. Looks like for my first run I'll simply be shooting for the CM's and then I'll come back through and clean up 1 at a time for Champion
    If you don’t count diamond weapon, the other 3are the exact same fights as their a+ that we did not long ago

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    If you don’t count diamond weapon, the other 3are the exact same fights as their a+ that we did not long ago
    ...truly? Because I had 0 issues with those fights at that time

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I recall that many of those fights were wrecking me not too long ago so i'm definitely not looking forward to my attempt.
    My FFT synergy/dupes are probably gonna be my saving grace for Spinner as i've been combining/augmenting them. If Marche gets up a bit more in levels I'm gonna try to use his SSB as a medica since I want to save Iris and Ysh for harder content and use a Olevia for synergy.

Yojimbo is probably gonna end up as the easiest for me. I need a hastega for FFX that isn't Yuna badly imo and I probably won't have Bartz but my Water game should be able to handle him if my attacks don't all hit the dog.

Barbarica was extremely unpleasant the last time i fought her. I don't see this going well.
    I feel like Diamond is going to be a nightmare but I didn't have synergy and relics when i fought it before.
    Current plans:
    Vs Yojimbo:
    Tidus:CSB
    Rikku: BSB Machinations, Maintain power/multi breakdances
    Yuna: SSB
    Ject: SSB SSB boost/critga
    Auron: BSB or Paine (no relics): I "needed" a tank and her spellblades will increase the chain while Auron might aoe the dog. If I can draw fire him somehow I'd put retaliate up for him.
    They're all in the 91-96 range so I don't think capping them will be a severe problem.

Spinner:
    Agrias BSB + LMR
    Orlandeau OSB 4ish can kill her. 3 leaves her with I HAVE ONE HP
    Ramza: Shouting like a gimp. Power/full breakdown
    Marche: SSB spam + shellga
    Olevia (no relics): Just try to cure everything in sight and maybe a protectga or haste for second ability alot.

FF7:
    Sephiroth bsb Reuinion
    Shelke SSB: She's getting dived after Bartz
    Red XIII USB: He needs 40~ levels of xp grind first but gives me a much needed 3rd haste/boostga.
    Cid SSB?
    Curilla BSB or Gilgamesh BSB for tanking
    WHM Probably iris or Ysh BSB. Leaning towards Ysh since she should get doublecast so that she can keep up with Iis's LMR if i can stop having trouble with the current batch of d300 torments.

Barb:
    Hope/Prayer What the hell were they thinking making a drgcentric mob resistant to the best drg jumps and soul breaks? Fighting her from the back line is going to be a chore.
    Gonna plop my A game on her if they can do it and not look back. Once i have her win I'll move onto the much easier and manageable fights.

BG Level

What’s this test of strength event?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Everyone does ability/soul break testing on that fat thing which is weak to poison since it uses up the least stamina.
    This is simply turning that into an event where you try to get in as much damage as possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Hrm, have 100 mythril, should I pull two FF4s banners?
    Don't you already have a ton of FF4 stuff? Anyway just save for fest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

What’s this test of strength event?
    You just beat on something and eventually it runs away and if you do well then you go on the leaderboard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I recall that many of those fights were wrecking me not too long ago so i'm definitely not looking forward to my attempt.
    You can just take non syn people? Like tidus can justify his presence but not really jecht. (I started by taking in realm people in then gave up and just beat it down).
    Barb is definitely the kain fight.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    You just beat on something and eventually it runs away and if you do well then you go on the leaderboard.
    No rewards nothing?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't remember if Greg had rewards but all future bosses in this new format have motes as rewards depending on how much damage you do/enemies you kill (iirc the next one is against the FFVIII tonberries and it's based on # of enemies killed, after that it's Humbaba from VI).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can just take non syn people? Like tidus can justify his presence but not really jecht. (I started by taking in realm people in then gave up and just beat it down).
    Barb is definitely the kain fight.
    I'm trying to reserve my other (better) characters for the fights i've had that were actually hard for me. Yojimbo was easy once I knew to put a healer on the front line. The planned setup may be slightly different (no Gil retaliation tanking that fucking dog and Rikku actually being able to increase the chain and having imperil) but it should be able to roughly do something.
    The plan is a rough draft but he has the most buffs he can support me with from anyone not named tyro/RedXiii/Ramza, has synergy to survive because I am squishy, and I think he looks cool. Said other support characters are being reserved for the other 3 fights. Upcoming draws will probably change things but that's my current logic for what I've planned.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

No rewards nothing?
    Apparently there are rewards but you get them regardless of how you do. So it's all free!
    EDIT: For this specific event anyway

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I'm trying to reserve my other (better) characters for the fights i've had that were actually hard for me. Yojimbo was easy once I knew to put a healer on the front line. The planned setup may be slightly different (no Gil retaliation tanking that fucking dog and Rikku actually being able to increase the chain and having imperil) but it should be able to roughly do something.
    Yeah but among other things I don't think you have a hastega or haster in your party? If you don't have another hastega why not bring braska or someone for haste?

BG Level

Fuck this CT was awful

BG Level

Did 794k on greg

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah but among other things I don't think you have a hastega or haster in your party? If you don't have another hastega why not bring braska or someone for haste?
    Braska is lv 30.
    Yuna technically has a hastega since I have a conductor. I'll definitely consider swapping in a second healer of some sort if I get enough levels but my 3-4 months of gametime have seemingly not given me a deep enough bench. My apologies. I have no idea why I forgot to mention i had a conductor. I personally find it a bit unwieldy when putting buffs up but it is something.

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1301244 for test of strength :D