+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone else on android having major connection issues?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Anyone else on android having major connection issues?
    It’s the whole game

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yay more apology mythril!

BG Level

Knights don’t drop chips 100% of the time

Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

switched to Shadow's Bsb for RW (instant cast, second command aoe with reduced delay). Q7Ve

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was able to beat Omega Apex after a few tries. Normal strategy wasn't working, so decided to go with the magicite strategy, but with Cloud USB as a RW.

Lightning: USB/BSB2/LMR/LD - Thundering Twinstrike + Lifesiphon - RM: IC3+LMR - Truthseeker
    Y'shtola: BSB/SSB/LD - Wrath + Shellga - RM: DC WHM + Healing+ - Ace Striker
    Tyro: USB1/USB2/OSB/Wall - Wrath + Entrust - RM: Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Ramza: USB/Chant - Full Break + Lifesiphon - RM: Battleforged
    Edge: SSB2 - Phantasm + Steal Defense - RM: Mako Might
    RW: Cloud USB
    Magicite: Bismarck

Start off fight with Edge SSB2, Wall, Shellga, etc. Lightning+Ramza just Lifesiphon until they're at ~2 bars.
    Edge casts Ninja Magic, but on turn 3 uses Bismarck to negate 1 fire damage (flamethrower). Tyro wraths, then Entrusts Lightning after she does RW > USB. Lightning now has 3 Bars.
    Edge is on Last Stand spam duty, as his damage output combined with poison is kinda dumb. Lightning BSB2 x2 clears it.
    ~:32.47 clear time if I remember.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Damn game decided to have connection issues right after i got my 5th stamina shard.
    I'm relatively new to the game so I have no idea if these draws were any good.
    Spoiler: show

I'm also more than a little irritated that the origin dungeons are all giving me characters i spent souls getting earlier and could have saved for some other character.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Damn game decided to have connection issues right after i got my 5th stamina shard.
    I'm relatively new to the game so I have no idea if these draws were any good.
    Spoiler: show

I'm also more than a little irritated that the origin dungeons are all giving me characters i spent souls getting earlier and could have saved for some other character.
    You did extremely well with that draw. Luneth's OSB is solid. I'm not too sure about Vayne/Seifer, but Ramza's Platinum Sword is his shout, and is extremely good. AOE ATK+50% and Hastega to the whole party.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So the orbfest this time is in 2 phases of 2 orb sets? So we have to pick what we farm between summon and dark orbs?

You brilliant bastards.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

At least they made phase 2 a no brainer. Black/Power/Wind all the way! Unless you somehow need lightning or holy. I'm swimming in Non-Elemental after all.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i wish dark orbs got paired with something better lol, that's the only thing i really need. i'm down to 6 MDO after R4'ing the new water ability

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    At least they made phase 2 a no brainer. Black/Power/Wind all the way! Unless you somehow need lightning or holy. I'm swimming in Non-Elemental after all.
    Who needs Non Ele? Since most people farm Summon on Thursday

Here<s some important dates to note

OrbFest ends Oct 4
    FFVI ends Oct 5
    Omega, Crystal Tower 30th Dungeon ends Oct 12

If no magicite will end with 10 on Oct 4

Dissidia Starts on Oct 5
    DU 37 on Oct 10
    FFXV starts Oct 12

Which means you can do Orbfest nonstop till October 4 without losing anything

I'm just wondering to do Magicite or to stock on them

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Correction, people who farmed FFX 300 Torment without Inspector/Kreeper/etc have a lot of Major NE orbs.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm probably going to take a day to hit a few magicites that i haven't spammed just to make sure i'm getting as many options to 80+ as i can.

BG Level

This orbfest seems boring tho

Seems you have 3 types to do (Weapon + Armor only once) + 2 sets thats 120+90+45+15 X3

without refresh will take a while to farm

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Pondering my probable Crystal Tower and Gem Only selections, and realized Echo's BSB is on the Crystal Tower pick list but was in one of the Bra Bra events I believe. Hope they still keep it - for that matter I hope they keep these overall and don't muck with the selection list too much.

Crystal Tower thoughts: It's not the greatest selection of BSB's when considering magicite or realm coverage for torments. I have Aerith and Vanille BSB's already, so that leaves my options at Echo or Porom's BSB. T.G. Cid's BSB is at #3. Lulu and Matoya special mention for straight elemental coverage.

Gem Only thoughts: This gets a lot more tricky, because you have a much expanded option for the choice BSB. Healer bursts for I, II, IV, and V are strong picks since I don't have coverage there. Same goes for Larsa too, as medica SSB's for Larsa and Penelo in that realm only go so far and Astra would be a good complement for my fully dived Yshtola.

Some BSB's I've chased and never seem to get would bring some peace, namely Tidus and Ashe BSB. I do have both of their OSB's - but between Kain/Lightning and Bartz USB am covered for potent water and thunder options.

Then there's the functional BSB's that i've chased and never got (thank you 8* + 6* Alphinaud SSB) like Alphinaud, Fujin, and Maria that have had their staying power.

Finally, Lion or Ayame would save me the trouble of some XI synergy since there isn't another XI banner yet in JP and give me a decent chance at the Torment CM. On top of that, both have decent staying power in the age of USB's.

tl;dr:
    Primary Pick: Larsa
    Healer Option: Sarah, Minwu, Rosa, Lenna (No II, IV, or V medica currently)
    Chased Catharsis: Tidus, Ashe to complete BSB -> OSB combo
    Functional Use: Alphinaud, Fujin, Maria (Alphinaud may have fallen a bit, but Fujin and Maria are still potent)
    Straight Realm Coverage: Lion, Ayame

What do yall think?

BG Level

If you have native hastes for IV and V, you can make do without Lenna or Rosa/Porom (especially if you have Rosa SSB, it still works well in this age). I have done well with RW-ing a medica BSB to cover the gap, such as the Greg fight CM that had stupid amounts of physical damage and the 2017 AoE spam.

Minwu's BSB is dubious since it doesn't have entry medica, but it's also II's hastega.
    Larsa BSB is a solid pick since Wrath. Be good to future proof for 4* magicites.
    Ashe and Tidus BSBs are dated. If you want Tidus, you'll be pulling next FFX banner for his relics, especially his USB. Think of these picks as luxuries.
    Lulu and Matoya are ok picks. You do get elemental coverage. However, their versatility is punished for not having an en-element on entry. I think Shantotto is better in that regards with en-lightning on entry while hitting lighting/fire/ice. She also covers your synergy gap if you don't have any of her relics.

Alphinaud is on phase 5 so if you want to try your luck there for USB/BSB, maybe aim for it on that banner.

Lion and Ayame are very solid picks.

Hope this info helps with your decision.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    This orbfest seems boring tho

Seems you have 3 types to do (Weapon + Armor only once) + 2 sets thats 120+90+45+15 X3

without refresh will take a while to farm
    Well enjoy it because this is probably our last Orbfest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Probably going to be drawing phase 3 once or twice, and then back to a saving mindset.

My issue with the early realms (I-IV, and V medica) is that i've gotten one off draws and haven't really ever drawn on dedicated banners, so realm utility there is spotty and thin, with a lean towards offense.

In thinking outloud, I'm probably looking at picking one of Larsa, Fujin, Maria, or Ayame.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm getting poo for orbs this fest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast