+ Reply to Thread
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wii U 32GB Deluxe console + 4 controllers + games

Up for sale is a Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe console (including the Wii U gamepad/screen, sensor bar, stands and power cables), four no-name wireless controllers with built-in rechargeable batteries and charging cables, and the following games.

NintendoLand
    Super Mario 3D World
    Super Mario Bros. U
    Super Smash Bros. U
    Mario Kart 8
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party (the crown jewel of the lot!)

Story is, I bought this stuff for my daughter for Christmas and she just never uses it. Her Christmas list this year already has some real expensive stuff on it so I'd like to recover some of what I spent on the Wii U, for use this Christmas.

That being said, there's a little use on the whole setup, but not much. It's in like-new condition. The controllers, despite being no-namers, work well.

Looking for $250 shipped to the lower 48 via Paypal.

Thanks for looking, BG!

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Price drop. Will turn to eBay this weekend if there's no interest.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Just a heads up, make sure you go through that whole process to unlink it if you hooked it up to a nintendo account. First Wii U I got a couple years ago had a faulty memory chip and kept crashing the system after I got it all hooked up and took 2 e-mails and a call to customer service to get it unlinked so I could set up my replacement console.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Understood, thanks for the tip.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, an interesting tale (and a bit of venting on my part) in regards to this Wii U.

After it failed to garner any interest here, I put it up on eBay. The first bidder had 0 feedback, so I looked at his account and it had been created the same day as the auction was started. I watched it for a little while, and on the second-to-last day of the auction, he was still winning. Something about it did not feel right to me, so I cancelled his bids and sent an email saying, "I'm nervous about your zero feedback and account creation on the same day my auction started. Please do not re-bid."

So he bid again. I cancelled his bid and reiterated that I did not want him to re-bid.

He responded by being apologetic and explaining that he created a new eBay account because he didn't have access to the old one and the email it was linked to any more. I checked the feedback on his old account and it was decent, so I decided to relent. I told him to go ahead and bid again if he wanted to.

So he did, and he ended up winning the auction. He paid immediately, so I printed a shipping label for the address on his Paypal account and shipped the Wii U out.

I am a conscientious seller, always have been ... so I kept an eye on the tracking. On the day the package should have been delivered, there was a message on the tracking saying that the recipient's address was incorrect, and UPS would attempt to contact the recipient and get the package delivered. I sent him an email saying "Hey, you should give them a call and find out what's going on." He said that this always happens with UPS, he lives in a duplex and they always fuck up the address, and he'd take care of it. Cool.

The next day, the same message appears in the tracking. I wrote him an email asking if he had addressed it. He responded back that he was sorry, 'they' messed with the street addresses when his sister moved in, yadda yadda. He gave me a corrected street address (same street, just a different house number). I called UPS myself and had them change the address for the next day (at a cost of $13), because I was really tired of his shit and I didn't want to see the package sent back or in limbo, etc.

Last night, I didn't pay much attention to it because I went straight from work, out with my wife, and then Monday Night Football. When the game was over, I checked my phone and I had gotten another email from him. This time he said "I'm really really sorry about all this. Can you please just have UPS leave it at the nearest UPS pickup place?" and he gave me the address. Turned out, the 'correct' address he had sent me had the same problem.

At that point I was about ready to cancel the whole damn thing and have them ship the package back to me, but this morning I attempted to humor him one last time. I called UPS and asked them to leave it at the pickup location, he would come in and pick it up. I had expressed my annoyance to the UPS employee, and she said "With all these changes of address, this might present more of a problem. He needs to present an ID with the shipping address on it, or the pickup location will not release the package to him." In other words, I was going to have to find out what address was on his ID, change the address again (and get charged for it again), then pray he had enough brain cells to find his way to the pickup location to collect the package.

I just gave up. I told UPS, "you know what, fuck it, can you return the package to me?" They did so (at a cost of $19), and I cancelled the eBay auction and refunded his money.

What say you BG? Was I too impatient/not impatient enough? Is this guy just a fucking potato? I feel like this was leading to the guy opening a dispute (where he would most likely get to keep the Wii U AND get his money back from me via eBay's dispute process).

Fucking hell, I might never sell on eBay again!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Na you're fine. Ebay fucking sucks. I only sell insignificant stuff there. I'll sell extra game keys I get sometimes, but after getting burned on a charge back that cost me $35 I put in the description that they must confirm buying before I'll send. Had some fuckface buy a key and then message me saying they "spent too much money on something else". People....

I like to eat food
    BG Level

You're making me nervous.

I'm closing on a house in the next two weeks and put a few things up on eBay. Nothing too crazy, but I threw my open box 1070 FTW up there to see if I can get back what I paid for it to have some extra cash. Was going to use it as part of a build, but then the house stuff started coming together. Within two hours of putting it up I got a guy from Georgia (the country) asking me if I can change the price to $100 and the shipping to $250 and he'd buy it right away; he had a US address to send it to. That's shady as shit. Why would I agree to that?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Uggg you're making me want to buy it from you for $350. My roof says no though.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Uggg you're making me want to buy it from you for $350. My roof says no though.
    That's okay. I'm trying to get $400 out of it. I don't need the cash, but I bought it for 400 including tax. I got a rebate that brought it down to like 350 or 360, but ebay takes 10% so...

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    I feel like this was leading to the guy opening a dispute (where he would most likely get to keep the Wii U AND get his money back from me via eBay's dispute process).
    I sell moderately often on eBay. I think if you have evidence you sent to the correct address provided to you, PayPal (which is now separate) will almost always back you up on an attempted charge back. PayPal's terms actually ONLY protect you under these conditions -- if you have evidence the buyer wanted shipping changed, and you change it, and they dispute it they win automatically. You HAVE to ship to the address provided in the PayPal system.

I would have invoiced him extra to fix every error in shipping, and taken shipping charges (including the return charge) out of any refund.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

thats why he was changing the address, when the chargeback came through he would say it wasnt delivered to X location but Y, therefore he never got it.

You dodged a bullet, sorry it cost you money

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thx guys. I should add that the Google Maps satellite imagery of his two addresses said they weren't no duplex. (Is that creepy of me to check? lul)

and the traveler
    BG Level

smart of you to check, and solid advice from everyone in the thread.
    online selling/buying is pretty shady. especially when a new user account is involved.
    ...but we all start somewhere, eh?

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just an update. I got the package back from UPS and relisted it. It sold in about 30 minutes for my Buy It Now price (to a guy with a good amount of positive feedback), the guy paid, I shipped, he received, left positive feedback. I did the same and all is well.

I know he could still dispute but this was a smooth transaction, no bullshit.

"Is it over?"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I feel like that until it's been 30 days (for Amazon transactions). I recently sold a gpu and the next day I receive a return request because "it don't work". Mind you I always run hardware in my personal rig for at least a week testing to make sure it's solid. So I respond telling him I guarantee it works but if he wants to return that's fine because if I test and it does work or if it comes back damaged it's a minimum 20% restocking fee. I ask for specifications on how it's not working. That was three days ago with no response. 99% positive it's buyers remorse.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To quote the Hound from Game of Thrones: "...... fucking cunts."