Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Escutcheon Questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Lets just say if you think memories stage is bad, then compared to the final stage, it is merely a water drop in an ocean. You're going to spend an absurd amount of time farming spheres, or spending an enormous about of gil to speed it up. This is just spheres, not counting the catalysts.

In my experience, transfixion sphere should be avoided and compression should be farmed only if you have alot of detonation that warrants farming compression. For the most part, you'll never have enough T2 of stage T3 spheres to use in chaining the T1s, which you'll have a ton of compared to the other 2. Unless you buy T2/T3 of course, which goes back to my gil comment. And as far as I can tell, asura is the only server that can supply noticeable amounts of spheres.
    Eh I think what pissed me off about memories, was I had to kill mobs with 0 chance of dropping the item, but regardless, I've never been scared of a grind, I made every single macc and mdmg magian staff back in the day. Thanks for the tips, there seems to be a few bazaars regularly standing by Mewk Chorosap on Odin, but I need to figure out what a ballpark is for this final stage. Are we talking 150m or 1.5b gil?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you're looking for spheres that could be considered easier to obtain, then farming palborough for fetich pieces should give you an idea. I would say half of the rare/ex pieces have good drop rate aside from aforementioned transfixion (which are all terrible when I farmed).

Let's assume 5 steps: scission sphere > liquefaction sphere (liquefaction) > impaction sphere (fusion) > fragmentation sphere (light) > light sphere (light)

No HQ, no breaks, this would get you 1 + 2 + 5 + 15 + 15 = 38 points.

Catalysts for doing all those will cost you: 300 + 300 + 300 + 8000 + 40000 = 48900

So now you are 38/100,000, which means you need to do this exact skillchain 2632 times total to reach your 100k goal, which will cost 2632 x 48900 = ~127M in catalysts alone... factor in sphere costs if you plan to buy a good chunk of it, and you can see the costs shoot up dramatically.

As for skillchain path that are the best, well that would 100% depend on what spheres you have leftover that you'd be willing to use. If you have lots of leftover detonation from using up your other T1 spheres, you'd be very inclined to farm compression so you can use them to make gravitation. But compression spheres come from mobs that have bad droprates, or from mobs that have 16min repop timers (aydeewa diremites). The list of reasons for certain things goes on and on, depending on how you want to plan out your farming sessions.

Anyways, you will definitely know what to do after your first dozens or so skillchain sessions. You want to try to use every sphere available to you during your farming, and farm other areas to supplement whatever you have leftover. I suggest palsborough mines if it is empty since the droprate on fetich pieces are good with TH4 or as THF main

This is where having more than 1 character will save you lots of misery, as you can continually craft on 1, and farm on the other.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

If you're looking for spheres that could be considered easier to obtain, then farming palborough for fetich pieces should give you an idea. I would say half of the rare/ex pieces have good drop rate aside from aforementioned transfixion (which are all terrible when I farmed).

Let's assume 5 steps: scission sphere > liquefaction sphere (liquefaction) > impaction sphere (fusion) > fragmentation sphere (light) > light sphere (light)

No HQ, no breaks, this would get you 1 + 2 + 5 + 15 + 15 = 38 points.

Catalysts for doing all those will cost you: 300 + 300 + 300 + 8000 + 40000 = 48900

So now you are 38/100,000, which means you need to do this exact skillchain 2632 times total to reach your 100k goal, which will cost 2632 x 48900 = ~127M in catalysts alone... factor in sphere costs if you plan to buy a good chunk of it, and you can see the costs shoot up dramatically.

As for skillchain path that are the best, well that would 100% depend on what spheres you have leftover that you'd be willing to use. If you have lots of leftover detonation from using up your other T1 spheres, you'd be very inclined to farm compression so you can use them to make gravitation. But compression spheres come from mobs that have bad droprates, or from mobs that have 16min repop timers (aydeewa diremites). The list of reasons for certain things goes on and on, depending on how you want to plan out your farming sessions.

Anyways, you will definitely know what to do after your first dozens or so skillchain sessions. You want to try to use every sphere available to you during your farming, and farm other areas to supplement whatever you have leftover. I suggest palsborough mines if it is empty since the droprate on fetich pieces are good with TH4 or as THF main

This is where having more than 1 character will save you lots of misery, as you can continually craft on 1, and farm on the other.
    Thank you, I've been putting off re-activating a 99 THF mule, we'll see if this is what drives me to do it!

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

RE: Stage 4 - I have a number of jobs with 0 job points, that I would really like to master (RDM, BLM, THF, BST). I'm in no real rush to finish the shield since I'm completing it as a personal challenge and I make enough gil from events and whatnot. Has anyone taken the route of farming the CP level mobs in Sih, Moh, Dho, Woh Gates for cards as the primary source of spheres? I'm wondering if I can load up a pt of trusts, "solo" job points and then later in town mass desynth. If this hybrid cp / sphere farm option is anything anyone has found success with, is there a preferred zone or path? Thank you!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    RE: Stage 4 - I have a number of jobs with 0 job points, that I would really like to master (RDM, BLM, THF, BST). I'm in no real rush to finish the shield since I'm completing it as a personal challenge and I make enough gil from events and whatnot. Has anyone taken the route of farming the CP level mobs in Sih, Moh, Dho, Woh Gates for cards as the primary source of spheres? I'm wondering if I can load up a pt of trusts, "solo" job points and then later in town mass desynth. If this hybrid cp / sphere farm option is anything anyone has found success with, is there a preferred zone or path? Thank you!
    That is too new a source for anyone to really say much about it I'd say. Cards are assigned to specific mob species, so should theoretically make targeting specific elements easier. I've heard complaints about the drop rates though, so YMMV. :/ I say try it out yourself and report back to share new info. :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I got 30 cards/hr going AOE setups like BLU or BLM. TH affects card drop rate so you have to go THF or /THF. I only tried it hoping it would be a viable alternative to other zones, but its just more work for the same result.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I got 30 cards/hr going AOE setups like BLU or BLM. TH affects card drop rate so you have to go THF or /THF. I only tried it hoping it would be a viable alternative to other zones, but its just more work for the same result.
    If the drop rates are actually the same, then cards sound like they'd be the way to go actually. More work, but you are also getting more per kill than only the desynth targets. Might as well pick up some CP/exp/items along the way. Even if the amounts of such are not stellar, they'd all still be better than the big fat zero you'd get in Palborough. :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Other zones featuring rare/ex typically have droprates of ~50% with TH4, like bomb coal or exoray mold. I can get anywhere from 60-90 materials per hour to desynth.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Other zones featuring rare/ex typically have droprates of ~50% with TH4, like bomb coal or exoray mold. I can get anywhere from 60-90 materials per hour to desynth.
    That would not be "more work for the same result" then. Honestly sounds like the droprate on the cards need a bump upwards if that's the case.

I know that certain specific r/ex items, like LB50 items, have an exceedingly high drop rate, but unless that's true for items across all elements (which I'm rather sure it's not) then it's not good to point at as the average. Same goes for over-inflating actual items/hr estimates by ignoring competition issues. Sure, you can get 60-90 items per hour, but how much does that drop per player in competition with you? Are you accounting for dbox benefits or are your numbers pure solo?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I dualbox. The only competition I've seen was from people who gave up once I drove them out, and this was rare in itself (ragnarok). It helps to not be on asura or odin if you're doing this, since I'm sure people will farm spheres specifically to sell as well.

Dualboxing increases your efficiency.

Consider this: with 1 char you will constantly be stopping to desynth. One of 2 things will happen: the desynth crit breaks, and you continue farming. Or the desynth breaks, and you repeat, and it breaks again, and you repeat... I've seen this happen up to 5 times for a single fetich piece, and it isn't uncommon. Also consider mob spawns will not be constantly cycled, some will remain stagnant until you kill them. That means you literally will kill less per hour vs 2 chars, which you can constantly keep mobs on a timer and increasing yield much more.

If you've been doing this the day escutcheon was introduced, you'd probably be finished by now only using 1 char. I'm currently at ~40% transmutation after a month straight of farming.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I dualbox. The only competition I've seen was from people who gave up once I drove them out, and this was rare in itself (ragnarok). It helps to not be on asura or odin if you're doing this, since I'm sure people will farm spheres specifically to sell as well.

Dualboxing increases your efficiency.

Consider this: with 1 char you will constantly be stopping to desynth. One of 2 things will happen: the desynth crit breaks, and you continue farming. Or the desynth breaks, and you repeat, and it breaks again, and you repeat... I've seen this happen up to 5 times for a single fetich piece, and it isn't uncommon. Also consider mob spawns will not be constantly cycled, some will remain stagnant until you kill them. That means you literally will kill less per hour vs 2 chars, which you can constantly keep mobs on a timer and increasing yield much more.

If you've been doing this the day escutcheon was introduced, you'd probably be finished by now only using 1 char. I'm currently at ~40% transmutation after a month straight of farming.
    I am fully aware of the benefits of dualboxing, which is why I asked about it. It does need to be included in your background info when telling others what to expect though since not everyone has come to the darkside yet. I am an altoholic. I'm OK with that. I know a lot of players who have 1x account, with 1x character, and they would be badly misled by others leaving out key information like that.

TBH, ever since I did the ballpark math to figure out how much this thing will cost over on OF, I kinda gave up on the idea of "making" it and will settle for "letting it happen" over a most likely long period of time. :/ I don't mind farming items. I DO mind the idea of having to dump 40mil-267mil into an NPC since I very rarely gil farm, IN ADDITION to the items that will need to be farmed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can argue I was misleading people or however you want with the information I presented. I already noted it in one of my replies, but you don't need to be of higher intelligence to figure it out:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

AoE killing decreases drop rate so that's probably why

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    AoE killing decreases drop rate so that's probably why

Since when?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by stamos View Post
    Since when?
    Since the update like a decade ago. It's not something new, it's been like this for a long time

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Alright, I stockpiled a huge amount of spheres and cards. A huge thank you is also due to an old friend who has finished a few shields and gave me hundreds, if not a thousand+ left over spheres. I'm trying the basic synthchain listed on the BG page of Detonation>Scission>Liquefaction>Impaction>Fragmen tation>Light. Honestly, I'm somewhat consistent making the first light with fragmentation, but even missing this at times. I've yet to be successful with double light, it appears to just sort of "start over." Few questions:

How does this work, do I have a total of number of seconds for the whole chain, or Y number of seconds between steps? If it's seconds between steps, does it decrease based on tier?

Is there anyway to disable the annoying skillchain animations or input commands via typing instead of clicking up and down?

Thank you!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its a timer, and you have incredibly little time to do a double light with that long of a chain. Remove a step at the beginning for better luck. Ive found it more beneficial to sell dark and light spheres, then buy T1/T2 spheres.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

compression not so bad can go for colorful hair but I would die to find a transfixion mob worth while killing

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlier View Post
    compression not so bad can go for colorful hair but I would die to find a transfixion mob worth while killing
    I just spent about an hour and a half trying to run through the various maps in Aydeewa Subterrane to find a decent set of Diremites. I ended up giving up after dropping off a ledge somewhere and having a very long run to get to any possible diremites. ffxidb seems to show Map 3 with a ton of blue dots, but i didn't really see nearly that many on map 3. Any recommendations on camps for colorful hair?

or dark cards for that matter that don't also agro a ton of Dulluhans...I'm great on transfixion spheres, but cockblocked like all hell on compression.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

couple of fomor camps in inner rak with double dark knights (dark cards). take the home point and run up and hang a right. both floors have fomor camps in that southeastern part of the map.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast