Thread: Escutcheon Questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Escutcheon Questions

Figured it would be a good thing to have a place to ask Escutcheon related questions, and don't see a thread for this, so now there is one. :D

To get started, anyone know if using analysis crystals count towards the "Use xx crystal" objectives?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Given the fact that the crystals are expensive given how many are needed. I wouldn't bother finding out. Easy enough to test though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Working on a Bonecraft shield on main and a Leathercraft shield on a mule. I've also got a Goldsmithing mule but I hear that shield is damn near impossible to finish.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Goldsmith shield requires brass jadagna which relies on a few annoying to get and not easily mass produced materials.

Can Brass Jadagna be desynthed for those hard to get mats? It looks like you could possibly get a bunch of NQ from sparks NPC, desynth them, and then attempt the HQ. That really sucks.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Has anyone gotten their bar to move on the transmutation part of P4 yet?

I've been making 5 steps since release and it hasn't moved. Accepted bug on the OF for it, but that doesn't really mean anything. Kinda tired of throwing spheres at it not knowing if it's even working.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Figured it would be a good thing to have a place to ask Escutcheon related questions, and don't see a thread for this, so now there is one. :D

To get started, anyone know if using analysis crystals count towards the "Use xx crystal" objectives?
    They do count

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Working on a Bonecraft shield on main and a Leathercraft shield on a mule. I've also got a Goldsmithing mule but I hear that shield is damn near impossible to finish.
    You can farm the Jadagna -1s, Troll Vambraces, and Troll Pauldrons pretty easily; even on Asura, it's almost always empty. How long exactly it takes depends on your luck, but it's not that bad as long as you have a smithing mule or blacksmtihign friend. But yes, the Brass Jadagna +1s are a pain.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Has anyone gotten their bar to move on the transmutation part of P4 yet?

I've been making 5 steps since release and it hasn't moved. Accepted bug on the OF for it, but that doesn't really mean anything. Kinda tired of throwing spheres at it not knowing if it's even working.
    At this point, I'm just farming the spheres and building a big ol' stockpile until a bit more information comes out. I've been doing 6-chains (Scission --> Detonation --> Scission --> Liquefaction --> Impaction --> Fragmentation --> Light) for 42 points per go. I've also mixed in some darknesses (Liquefaction --> Impaction --> Gravitation --> Distortion --> Darkness) chains... I haven't gone out and done anythign with Transfixion or Compression yet, but I'll be stocking up on them over the next couple of days until we either hear more, or someone figures something out. The lack of information on how far we have to go for this step, though, is truly frustrating.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It really is frustrating. I've been doing the same just farming and stocking up. I wanna play pioneer and all but I am pretty sure that bar (the whole process?) is broken or I'm missing something.

I would've preferred a number to a bar. Just tell me it's 100k spirits or something stupid and that'd be fine. At least I'd know I'm making progress. The bar makes it impossible to see if anything I'm doing is having any impact. The most I've seen either bar move was just spamming Liquefaction to see if the stability bar even worked, and it refills so quickly that it also feels broken.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Added spirit synths to the wiki page. If anyone else has any feel free to add or post.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I see where it was added to accepted bugs on the official forums but it wasn't mentioned in the current known issues post. Smithing items were mentioned so I dunno.

I even went and recapped my shield from 66.66 to 100 and changed my title to a Woodworking one. I'm also stockpiling and have to believe it's not working correctly.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Holy damn Transfixion Spheres are annoying to get. Anything other than 10%~ drop rate Lucky Eggs or Bruised Starfruit that makes them?

Ditto for Compression other than Demon Pens.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Has the bar moved yet for you?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Not for me. Did another 300ish before bed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

No, the bar hasn't moved for me yet. Right now, I'm just hording up. I've got 3 shields I'm making, so I figure it's no big deal if I over-shoot the eventual requirement.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Hey! Me too! Cloth, Wood and Bone.. Suffering at the thought of this not only being broken but severely over/under farming.

I have no idea what's going on.jpg

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Wood, Smithing, and Goldsmithing here.

Fortunately, someone posted the error at the official forums and it's an accepted bug.

If not, well... I've got close to 100 Liquifactions and Impactions, about half as many Fusions and Fragmentations, and a third as many Lights ready to go. But man, I'm not looking forward to this at ALL if it turns out I need as many Transfixions/Compressions. Those are a nightmare to get in quantity.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Are the level 90 kits the best Guild point to Crafter Point "bang for your buck"?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    Are the level 90 kits the best Guild point to Crafter Point "bang for your buck"?
    I found that for leathercraft at least, I'm better off spamming 70 kits than any other recipes. Mats are available from vendors for lc's 70 kits (behe mantle) and its dirt cheap. I've tried farming up mats for higher kits, and the time lost simply couldn't compete (and gave me a distaste for peistes.) Of particular note, the 70 kits are T3 HQ rate w/ support/shield, and I HQ enough to raise the average per 8 higher than I would see for higher lvl recipes as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the same held true across crafts. If your only metric is CP per GP, have access to the mats required and unlimited funds, then whatever the highest lvl recipe kit is would probably be equal/greater than spamming 70HQs. I'm not personally familiar w/ non-leathercraft shield/kit stuff yet though, so grain of salt, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast