Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Escutcheon Questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Just finished alchemy shield (yay), now I have some new questions...

Question 1 - What i just noticed was it says Subskill +10 (Max 70). Does this mean if my sub crafts are already capped at 70 it will NOT raise them to 80 when enchantment is active?

I'm looking at Vexed Gages since I have a bunch of Hexed Gages from years ago, it's 112 alchemy, and 70 cloth. If my math is correct (and the subs do not actually cap at 70), I can get to 124 alch and 81 cloth with shield enchantment and magnifying spectacles for T1.

Question 2 - is my math correct, the highest I can get in terms of pure alchemy skill with paid support is 124? (110+mega5+shield2+club1+torque2+smock1+support3=1 24?)

Question 3 - What's the rough T0 / T1 HQ rate with enchantment, coconut rusk, orvail's, craftmaster's, etc.?

Thanks!

Subs caps at 70, if you're 70, shield does nothing.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Subs caps at 70, if you're 70, shield does nothing.
    Terrible, terrible, terrible... Thank you though

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As far as I know, hq rate was changed to literally mean +1=1%, or additive instead of a multiplier like it used to be.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    As far as I know, hq rate was changed to literally mean +1=1%, or additive instead of a multiplier like it used to be.
    Oh wow, I was thinking it was some weird /256 or 128 or something. +1 being +1% is pretty ridiculously good.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I'm not sure if this question is alchemy specific, or universal across the Jinxed synths that are lower level and use the HQ armor ingredient -

I made a handful of hexed -1 pieces, for T1 Jinxed synths. I lost each of the 6 Hexed -1 pieces 100% on each break. Are the lower level jinxed synths that use the -1 version a 100% guaranteed loss of the -1 or did I just get stupidly unlucky?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I'm not sure if this question is alchemy specific, or universal across the Jinxed synths that are lower level and use the HQ armor ingredient -

I made a handful of hexed -1 pieces, for T1 Jinxed synths. I lost each of the 6 Hexed -1 pieces 100% on each break. Are the lower level jinxed synths that use the -1 version a 100% guaranteed loss of the -1 or did I just get stupidly unlucky?
    Pretty sure you were somehow super unlucky, but that is an odd amount to have critical break like that. You'd imagine it be more common knowledge if it was like that.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Curious how my intiial (alchemy) HQ rates compare with others who have had their shield longer. I'm pretty confident in my T1 and T2 #s, but I'm not sure about my T0 numbers. I'm wondering if some things are not actually T0 based on incorrect subcrafts listed. In essence, all of my T1s come from Hexed synths, T2s come from certain vexed synths, and the T0s come from the higher level vexed synths that use a NQ hexed piece. All synths are done with NQ Orvail ring, craftmaster's ring, coconut rusk, ionis, and shield enchantment:

T2: 34% (46/137)
    T1: 11% (74/693)
    T0: 8% (12/151)

As I said, I'm very confident in T1/T2, but T0 seems incredibly high, and I wonder if sub crafts listed at 70 are incorrect.

I am getting no where remotely even close to any of these rates with my Bonecraft shield. I'm seeing around 2-3% tier0 and around 5-6% tier1. I'm dropping mats like crazy and have no idea what's going on.

Nvm, read through literally everything in the forum and I'm switching to Kitron for literally every synth. Seems to have fixed the problems...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What is the best way to do sc wise? Im atm on the road to getting the apex crystal but have no idea what the best optimal sc route is. I dont mind farming cards to desynth but im looking for best gains vs sc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The most efficient way I have found is the following:

Earth Crystal+Scission Sphere (300 gil catalyst) > Fire Crystal+Liquefaction Sphere (300 gil catalyst) = Liquefaction Skillchain => Lightning Crystal + Impaction Sphere (300 gil) = Fusion Skillchain => Wind Crystal+Fragmentation Sphere (8,000 gil catalyst) = Light Skillchain

This path gives you 28 Spirit for 8,900 Gil (not counting HQs or Breaks)

You can extend this if you want, but the Gil:Spirit ratio is not that good. You can follow up with Light Crystal+Light Sphere (40,000 Gil catalyst) for an additional Light Skillchain, which is another 40k Gil and 15 Spirit. I found it more efficient to sell my T3 spheres to fund my catalysts.

If you do this, you will need to farm Impaction spheres from somewhere other than Palborough, as they are not made from the Fetich pieces. I found that Freyed Arrows from spiders in Wajoam are the best.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

cool thanks for the quick reply

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

are there anymore sc for this i need to know of? Si i can use the rest of em lol. Not including the dark and light spheres cos that costs too much.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So you get the following spheres from Palborough, the bold and underlines are ones we already talked about, or ones you dont want

T1:
    Detonation
    Liquefaction
    Reverbation
    Scission

T2:
    Fragmentation
    Fusion
    Distortion
    Gravitation

T3:
    Light
    Dark

Here is a skillchain you can do to use more spheres:

Ice Crystal+Induration Sphere (300 gil catalyst) > Water Crystal+Reverbation Sphere (300 gil catalyst) = Fragmentation Skillchain => Fire Crystal + Fusion Sphere (8000 gil) = Light Skillchain. This costs 8,600 gil for 21 Spirit

Now we have Detonation, Distortion, and Gravitation spheres left from Palborough.

Wind Crystal+Detonation Sphere (300 gil catalyst) > Earth Crystal+Scission Sphere (300 gil catalyst) = Scission Skillchain => Fire Crystal + Liquefaction Sphere (300 gil) = Liquefaction Skillchain => Lightning Crystal + Impaction Sphere (300 gil) = Fusion Skillchain => Dark Crystal + Gravitation Sphere (8000 gil) = Gravitation Skillchain => Water Crystal + Distortion Sphere (8000 gil) = Darkness Skillchain - this one will cost 17,200 gil. It is possible to extend this with another Darkness, but you need to be quick on the selections because you can time out easily due to the length of this one.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Cool more sc for the cards i farm tyvm

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone have some tips on desynthing for these spheres? I know the success rate sucks compared to regular crafts, I have moglification desynth and using kitrons

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soyven View Post
    Anyone have some tips on desynthing for these spheres? I know the success rate sucks compared to regular crafts, I have moglification desynth and using kitrons
    Orvail Ring +1 for the success and material loss -, Ionis while in a Adoulin zone for the material loss -, HQ wind crystal from the Celebratory Chest in Metalworks or Chateau d'Oraguille or Heavens Tower for the material loss -, could get lightning with guild points but not likely.
    Also if working on another shield. Desynthing with the finished shield for the material loss - and hq +2, if you use the shield you still get nq but also adds another huge chunk of material loss - and hq +3.
    All of these stack as far as i know but the synth speed is not there and you will still get nq if use it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gargurty View Post
    Cool more sc for the cards i farm tyvm
    If you have all cards you could do the other 3 sc like the one mentioned by combining 2 t1 to make level 2 then 1 t2 to make level 3 and then light or dark for double light or dark or any combination or a actual skillchain.

Level 1 Skillchains----------------------------------------
    Impaction + Liquefaction = Liquefaction
    Reverberation + Impaction = Impaction
    Induration + Impaction = Impaction
    Impaction + Detonation = Detonation
    Compression + Detonation = Detonation
    Transfixion + Reverberation = Reverberation
    Reverberation + Induration = Induration
    Induration + Compression = Compression
    Detonation + Scission = Scission
    Liquefaction + Scission = Scission
    Scission + Detonation = Detonation
    Scission + Reverberation = Reverberation
    Scission + Liquefaction = Liquefaction
    Transfixion + Compression = Compression
    Compression + Transfixion = Transfixion

Level 2 Skillchains---------------------------------

Tier 1 that make Level 2
    Liquefaction + Impaction = Fusion
    Induration + Reverberation = Fragmentation
    Detonation + Compression = Gravitation
    Transfixion + Scision = Distortion

Tier 2 that make Level 2
    Distortion + Fusion = Fusion
    Fusion + Gravitation = Gravitation
    Gravitation + Fragmentation = Fragmentation
    Fragmentation + Distortion = Distortion

Level 3 Skillchains----------------------------------------
    Fusiopn + Fragmentation = Light
    Fragmentation + Fusion = light
    Distortion + Gravitation = Dark
    Gravitation + Distortion = Dark
    Light + Light = Double Light
    Dark + Dark = Doublr Dark

So I've got a woodworking shield to use at my disposal and a friend is wanting a signed Musa for some retarded reason. Are the subcrafts on these su5 weapons known enough to determine if I need to spend some time getting the specs from the cloth guild and the cudgel from the alchemist's guild so that I'm not pissing away gil forever to make this thing?