Thread: Escutcheon Questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Depends, personally I do set 90s for Alchemy since spamming 45s eats up twice as many guild points despite costing me many millions of gil in bloods, roots, and lost income from sparks. If you have patience and time just spam 45s while getting more guild points.

Cooking 90 is super easy if you can afk fish up some turtles.

I would do set 85 for Clothcraft honestly. 90 is fine, but 85 is so much easier for fewer mats consumed. 10 minutes in abyssea grauberg getting Djinn ash makes many stacks of carbon fiber since I can HQ them with alchemy. Sub alchemists can still make them easily too.

Leathercraft, I could see doing 85 there again and just buying your way through it.

Those are my 4 crafts.
    Leathercraft kit 70 = Behemoth Mantle = 1x behe hide (4500g from GTMoogle) and 1x wool thread (1800g from guild npc). Can't beat unlimited supply npc mats for ~6k/synth. XD

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    Is this post or the forum glitched? It says page three, but its the same as page 2 for me
    There were double posts. I removed them, but it screws up the page count slightly.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Leathercraft kit 70 = Behemoth Mantle = 1x behe hide (4500g from GTMoogle) and 1x wool thread (1800g from guild npc). Can't beat unlimited supply npc mats for ~6k/synth. XD
    Does the guild sell Couerl Hides regularly (I know Cletae doesn't)? Since 85 is the same synth but with a coeurl hide?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Does the guild sell Couerl Hides regularly (I know Cletae doesn't)? Since 85 is the same synth but with a coeurl hide?
    I think they are in the regular restock items, but are limited supply and 15,120g each atm on Asura. I'll stick w/ my behemoth hides for 1/3 the price and unlimited supply.

Since kit70 is also T3, the HQ rate makes up for any increase per synth. I normally avg ~400GP/8x kits turned in. Kit85 would have to give me at least double that in order to beat the gil/GP ratio, which I don't think is mathematically possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'd be interested in seeing some of the chains people are doing, I am pretty bad at figuring out what should work. below are what im doing, depending on what i have. I have tons of lower tier leftovers from farming, what are others doing with those?

detonation > scission > liq > impact > frag > light

detonation > compression > distortion > darkness

induration > reverb > fusion > light

induration > reverb > distortion > gravitation > darkness

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Does anyone have a listing of how much spirit is gained for each type of chain, assuming no HQs? It's not listed on the main Escutcheons page in the wiki.

Craftchain tier in parenthesis.
    T1 > end = ?
    T1 > T1 (T1) = ?
    T1 > T1 (T1) > T1 (T1)= ?
    T1 > T1 (T2) = ?
    T1 > T1 (T2) > T2 (T3) = ?
    T2 > end = ?
    T2 > T2 (T3) = ?
    T3 > end = ?
    T3 > T3 (T3) = ?

Are all of the above actually possible or are we forced to climb up from T1?

I'm trying to figure out what the minimum/maximum catalyst costs are, best cost/time ratio and best cost/"# of chains" ratio is.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Hi everyone, a few alchemy questions as I am working through stage 1:

1. BG Wiki says to alternate between 3 synths to maximize Craftsmanship increases. Has anyone found the point at which it starts to diminish? So like 20 of synth 1, then 20 of synth 2, then 20 of synth 3? Or can you do 40 or maybe only 10?

2. For alchemy: I'm thinking antidote, cornstarch, and holy water spam for craftsmanship. Any better options?

3. For alchemy kits, but probably relevant to other crafts: Do you just spam Set 45 (x4 bomb ash from NPC) or do you do something higher like 65 (Invitriol+ acid baselard) or Set 70 with support (Cermet x3, tiger leather) or even Set 80 (animal glue, paralyze potion, cermet knife)? I have a spreadsheet setup for basic costs, but have not mathed out the trade in value as compared to costs

Any advice is appreciated!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What I did was, using the craft addon for windower, buy hundreds of xxx kit 5, set treasury to drop the item (so it doesn't clog inventory) and let it synth over night. The bonus from T1/T2/T3'ing alone is good enough to overcome the lack of gains from repeating synths. Frankly hitting the objective is a pain, so I just use kitron macaron to offset the penalty (depending on stage) and spam a simple/cheap T3able synth over and over without worrying.

For the final stage that requires craftsmanship gain, I believe it took me 2 nights and about 1800-2000 kit 5 to finish.

For the sets, I prefer anything I can T3, but I don't have any math to support its worth doing more than the higher level ones

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Hi everyone, a few alchemy questions as I am working through stage 1:

1. BG Wiki says to alternate between 3 synths to maximize Craftsmanship increases. Has anyone found the point at which it starts to diminish? So like 20 of synth 1, then 20 of synth 2, then 20 of synth 3? Or can you do 40 or maybe only 10?

2. For alchemy: I'm thinking antidote, cornstarch, and holy water spam for craftsmanship. Any better options?

3. For alchemy kits, but probably relevant to other crafts: Do you just spam Set 45 (x4 bomb ash from NPC) or do you do something higher like 65 (Invitriol+ acid baselard) or Set 70 with support (Cermet x3, tiger leather) or even Set 80 (animal glue, paralyze potion, cermet knife)? I have a spreadsheet setup for basic costs, but have not mathed out the trade in value as compared to costs

Any advice is appreciated!
    1. 1x of SynthA > 1x of SynthB > 1x of SynthC > repeat
    Returns begin diminishing at the 1st repeat if done sequentially, and will eventually drop to 0.00% baseline. EX: 1x SynthA > 1x SynthA = lower return for 2nd synth. At higher stages, it feels like 3x items in the rotation is not enough and I normally either rotate thru 6-8x recipes or just spam a HQT3 recipe that I want to make a bunch of anyway and count on HQs to give me something.

2. Whatever is cheapest and/or most profitable. Especially if you are at a point that doesn't apply a hefty success-% penalty, non-dirtcheap recipes may be worth doing if they are things that you could normally sell on AH. If you do this, do your research first and make sure the market for that item isn't already saturated, and don't flood it yourself if you don't want to crash the price.

3. Points gained appear to be a percentage based on the kit's level, with bonuses based on HQ tier. Anything up to lv71 is HQT3 and will likely make up a good portion of the lower base points with the HQ tier bonus like LC lv70 kits have for me. Lower level kits will give lower points overall compared to higher level ones though, so you will have to make many more of them the lower you go.

So the things you want to balance if you do not have unlimited resources:
    1. Material Cost - Some kits have absurdly high pricetags compared to others. Would be wise to price everything out ahead of time.
    2. Guild Point Cost - Each kit, regardless of level or mats used, requires 1x Analysis Crystal which always costs the same. Lower level kits = More AC needed = More GP consumed.
    3. Time Cost - Higher level kits give more points per synth baseline, so fewer are required to hit the required amounts of Crafter Points.

Based on my personal experience, I'd estimate that it would cost you roughly twice as much GP & Time to do lv45 kits instead of lv70 kits. Higher level kits for LC have annoying/expensive mats which have to be farmed by someone, so I'm sticking w/ my NPC sourced, unlimited supply, fixed cost lv70s. YMMV depending on craft since I haven't looked into kits for Alchemy.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

3. Points per-kit roughly follows this table - it's basically "higher kit = more points" except for 75 and 95 where you drop an HQ tier.

Pulling math from another thread at some point, calculation wise points are kit level * (random between 0.65 and 0.78) * (1 for NQ, 1.3 for HQ1, 1.5 for HQ2, 1.75 for HQ3)
    HQ rate depends on the kit level, this uses 1/16, 1/4, 1/2 for T1,2,3 respectively
    Once you HQ, breakdown of HQ1,2,3 is 12/16, 3/16, 1/16

Code:
    25	21.1428
    45	38.0570
    65	54.9712
    70	59.1998
    75	58.5267
    80	62.4284
    85	66.3302
    90	70.2320
    95	69.4772
    Alchemy, I'd probably suggest your 90 kit but compare this to your price list. Lance from Sparks, Revival roots are cheap and easy, beastman blood comes from mog gardens shop relatively early on puts the approximate cost at about 11k/synth before GP/crystal costs.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thank you x3, each post has a different nugget that helps me move forward.
    Rehn - I like the idea of just brute forcing through something that only takes 1 crystal + 1 item, holy water probably works well, especially if I farm up light clusters.
    Nyarlko & Radec - I definitely think I did the first craftsmanship wrong spamming the 45s. While the mats were super cheap, only about 2,050g per synth right from npc, I used like 120,000 GPs worth of crystals for 11,000 points. I don't think this is sustainable when I need so many more points.

Ironically, I looked at the Set 90 (beastman blood x2, revival tree root, darksteel lance, shadow crystal) as blocked by the beastman blood due to a lack of large quantities. I have never mog gardened before in my life, but will be glad to start for this purpose. I'll start researching mog gardening for beastman blood, but any tips are definitely appreciated.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Thank you x3, each post has a different nugget that helps me move forward.
    Rehn - I like the idea of just brute forcing through something that only takes 1 crystal + 1 item, holy water probably works well, especially if I farm up light clusters.
    Nyarlko & Radec - I definitely think I did the first craftsmanship wrong spamming the 45s. While the mats were super cheap, only about 2,050g per synth right from npc, I used like 120,000 GPs worth of crystals for 11,000 points. I don't think this is sustainable when I need so many more points.

Ironically, I looked at the Set 90 (beastman blood x2, revival tree root, darksteel lance, shadow crystal) as blocked by the beastman blood due to a lack of large quantities. I have never mog gardened before in my life, but will be glad to start for this purpose. I'll start researching mog gardening for beastman blood, but any tips are definitely appreciated.
    If you are on Asura, I run a Mog Garden resale business. XD Happy to sell blood in bulk at a discount compared to AH. If you want to use that recipe exclusively all the way til you are done though, I would highly recommend working on your own garden to unlock it via Rearing.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

If you are on Asura, I run a Mog Garden resale business. XD Happy to sell blood in bulk at a discount compared to AH. If you want to use that recipe exclusively all the way til you are done though, I would highly recommend working on your own garden to unlock it via Rearing.
    On Odin, but ty. Lsmate right now is grabbing me 40 stacks for a little tip, but agreed I'll have to figure out how to start from scratch to have my own ability to purchase them from the mog garden npc.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

It stings to pay 100k+ for a stack of light clusters, but the AH is regularly sold out of 5k single stacks/clusters. FFXIDB says Ru'aun Gardens > Behemoth's Dominion > Lower Delkfutt > Qufim. I know I can get to Behemoth's Dominion quickly with unity warp, have any of you found tips / tricks / preferred / non-preferred methods for farming your own light clusters? What are the location(s) in Ru'Aun?

edit: light eles on Byakko's island apparently.

Thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ruaun gardens, velugannon palace, shrine of ruavitau are pretty much prime spots for ele, but which ele would depend on area. suggest ffxidb.com and search for the elementals you want and go from there

for dark elemental for example

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

RE: Stage 3 - Alchemy Shield - Customer Requests - Group C - Ice Anima x700, Earth Anima x700, Water Anima x700. A single anima synth uses 4 of the specific memories, meaning I need roughly 140 memories. I went out to Promy-Dem today and tried to farm but it was stupidly slow, I think I got like 6 of the bitter memories in about 30 mins. Is there a farming or procurement method any other alchemists found for this that works reasonably well?

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Pretty sure the synth gives you 33-99 per attempt though, doesn't it?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Pretty sure the synth gives you 33-99 per attempt though, doesn't it?
    Nope.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Water_Anima

Alchemy 75, NQ: 10, HQ1:20, HQ2:30, HQ3:40

So, it is literally impossible to break past T2 HQ rate, and it's 4x memory per synth.. Which is going to work out to somewhere between 50-60 synths depending on HQ luck, which would be 200-240 memories needed... This step does indeed suck ass.

You have my condolences and I wish you luck in your farming.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

You have my condolences and I wish you luck in your farming.
    Lol thank you. The Memories were pretty bad, but finally made it through with a stupid amount of time in promy-dem, some farming help from a friend, some rotting AH profanes that I bought for 1g per stack, and some profanes that I bought for 600k per stack. I'm on stage 4 now trying to read about synthchains on BG wiki and figure out what's best.

Has anyone broken down the different price per spirit through different skillchains? My knowledge around synthesis focuser II / synthchains is incredibly shallow at this point mostly limited to reading BG wiki 10 times and the multi page ffxiah.com thread. I saw Mafai's paths above, but I'm curious what others prefer in terms of synthchains? I don't mind throwing big chunks of gil at progression, but also would prefer not to be completely stupid in terms of cost if I can save 100m+ by avoiding a certain sphere/SC, etc.

Thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lets just say if you think memories stage is bad, then compared to the final stage, it is merely a water drop in an ocean. You're going to spend an absurd amount of time farming spheres, or spending an enormous about of gil to speed it up. This is just spheres, not counting the catalysts.

In my experience, transfixion sphere should be avoided and compression should be farmed only if you have alot of detonation that warrants farming compression. For the most part, you'll never have enough T2 of stage T3 spheres to use in chaining the T1s, which you'll have a ton of compared to the other 2. Unless you buy T2/T3 of course, which goes back to my gil comment. And as far as I can tell, asura is the only server that can supply noticeable amounts of spheres.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast